The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Rank PPV Lets watch it

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top Rank PPV Lets watch it Empty Top Rank PPV Lets watch it

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 pm

December 4
At Anaheim, Calif. (Top Rank PPV): Nonito Donaire vs. Wladimir Sidorenko, 12 rounds, bantamweights; Humberto Soto vs. Urbano Antillon, 12 rounds, for Soto's WBC lightweight title; Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Olivier Lontchi, 10 rounds, featherweights; Pawel Wolak vs. Jose Pinzon, 10 rounds, middleweights

I found a link.
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=97730&part=sports

go to the Blackburnman Flash link. It is working fine (though not in English).

Soto vs Antillon should be decent. Donaire should win going away against Sidorenko but should have to put in some rounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Top Rank PPV Lets watch it Empty Re: Top Rank PPV Lets watch it

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:03 pm

captainanddew wrote:December 4
At Anaheim, Calif. (Top Rank PPV): Nonito Donaire vs. Wladimir Sidorenko, 12 rounds, bantamweights; Humberto Soto vs. Urbano Antillon, 12 rounds, for Soto's WBC lightweight title; Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Olivier Lontchi, 10 rounds, featherweights; Pawel Wolak vs. Jose Pinzon, 10 rounds, middleweights

I found a link.

Soto vs Antillon should be decent. Donaire should win going away against Sidorenko but should have to put in some rounds.

Showing Garcia vs Lontchi. Lontchi(previously fought at 122) is much smaller than Garcia, who appears to be big for 126. Garcia should stop him around round 6-7.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:13 pm

[quote="captainanddew"]
captainanddew wrote:December 4

I found a link.

Showing Garcia vs Lontchi. Lontchi(previously fought at 122) is much smaller than Garcia, who appears to be big for 126. Garcia should stop him around round 6-7.[/quote]

Garcia stopped him in round 5, so I was off by a round. 1st knockdown, Garcia landed a stiff jab followed by a right hand that dropped Lontchi. Lontchi got up on unsteady legs. Ref asked him to walk towards him(a couple of times) and you could tell Lontchi didn't really want to as his legs were not there and he was hurt. Garcia followed up and got Lontchi on the ropes and landed left hooks to body, head, and right hands it appeared. Lontchi went down to a knee after 4-5 shots and stayed on the knee for the full count.

No idea why Garcia is fighting this kind of guy. he beat Cornelius Lock this summer and then he is fighting this guy. Give him some opponents more his size. 23-0 with 19 KOs before this fight should have dictated a little bit better opponent.

Hopefully the next fight is better.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Donaire vs Sidorenko is up next
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:28 pm

How is this PPV worthy?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:How is this PPV worthy?

It isn't. But Garcia is a good prospect. Donaire is ranked in the top 10 p4p, though I don't think he deserves it. Soto vs Antillon is 2 legit top 10 ring ranked lightweights.

The card originally was to be headlined by Chavez Jr.

Round 1, Donaire landing big right hands and Sidorenko goes down late in the round from a big right hand. This is going to end pretty soon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:34 pm

captainanddew wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:How is this PPV worthy?

It isn't. But Garcia is a good prospect. Donaire is ranked in the top 10 p4p, though I don't think he deserves it. Soto vs Antillon is 2 legit top 10 ring ranked lightweights.

The card originally was to be headlined by Chavez Jr.

Round 1, Donaire landing big right hands and Sidorenko goes down late in the round from a big right hand. This is going to end pretty soon.

Punch stats are often misleading, but round 1 wasn't the case here. Donaire landed 25 of 39 power punches.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Round 2, Sidorenko stayed defensive and didn't get hit too much until late in the round when Donaire landed a couple of left hooks.

After 2 it is 20-17 for Donaire on my card. Round 1 10-8 Donaire, round 2 10-9 Donaire
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Round 3 10-8 Donaire

Sidorenko threw a weak right hand and Donaire landed a counter left hook right on the button. Sidorenko gets up. After the round he looks beat up. Serious swelling and bruising around right eye. This won't go past 5 rounds at most.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Just got done watching the doc Thrilla in Manila on Comcast.I'd highly recommend it.Sad to see what has become of Smokin' Joe.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Round 4 Sidorenko gets hit with left hook and then very big right hand. He goes to a knee and ref waives it off after counting to 6 or so. Sidorenko's nose was busted up and bleeding. Right eye busted up and bleeding.

Sidorenko 34 years old and past his best, but Donaire came out and did what he needed to do in this fight at 118 pounds. Onto Montiel it is for Donaire!!!! That should be a damn good fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:Just got done watching the doc Thrilla in Manila on Comcast.I'd highly recommend it.Sad to see what has become of Smokin' Joe.

Thanks man, I will definitely look for that. Seeing the titans of the sport in their advanced age is depressing about 95% of the time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:54 pm

is the soto fight next? when is the alvarez fight?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:Just got done watching the doc Thrilla in Manila on Comcast.I'd highly recommend it.Sad to see what has become of Smokin' Joe.

Thanks man, I will definitely look for that. Seeing the titans of the sport in their advanced age is depressing about 95% of the time.

The film was Frazier's take on the fight and how he helped Ali when he was coming out of exile.only to be stabbed in the back.Interesting take on both men is provided by Larry Holmes.Ferdie Pacheco came off as a sanctimonious prick,however.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:57 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

The film was Frazier's take on the fight and how he helped Ali when he was coming out of exile.only to be stabbed in the back.Interesting take on both men is provided by Larry Holmes.Ferdie Pacheco came off as a sanctimonious prick,however.

Ferdie always seems like a prick to me.

Ali's treatment of Frazier is troubling for any boxing fan. Frazier did right by Ali only for Ali to go over the line in the promotion of their fights. He said things that were hurtful and that sting Frazier to this day (my guess).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:58 pm

powerpuncher wrote:is the soto fight next? when is the alvarez fight?

soto fight is next. use the link and watch it if it works for you. 2 top 10 lightweights.

Alvarez fight is scheduled for HBO latino at 1230 am eastern, so 90 mins from now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:01 am

You're take on Frazier is spot on my man.Doesn't Montiel have a fight next month?I remember Benitez being in line for a shot at Hagler,only to be derailed by Mustapha Hamsho.Don't see Montiel losing,however.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:05 am

WinstonSmith wrote:You're take on Frazier is spot on my man.Doesn't Montiel have a fight next month?I remember Benitez being in line for a shot at Hagler,only to be derailed by Mustapha Hamsho.Don't see Montiel losing,however.

Yeah Montiel has a fight next month that is a stay busy fight. I believe he and Donaire were already tentatively scheduled for February or March in a fight that is going to be explosive. Someone is getting blown out when Montiel meets Donaire.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:06 am

captainanddew wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:You're take on Frazier is spot on my man.Doesn't Montiel have a fight next month?I remember Benitez being in line for a shot at Hagler,only to be derailed by Mustapha Hamsho.Don't see Montiel losing,however.

Yeah Montiel has a fight next month that is a stay busy fight. I believe he and Donaire were already tentatively scheduled for February or March in a fight that is going to be explosive. Someone is getting blown out when Montiel meets Donaire.

I'd put my money on Nonito.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:08 am

i dont know why soto has never really stepped up in competition. he is a solid fighter who makes exciting fights. he has had a title for a while now too. he needs to step up and fight the top 5 fighters in the division.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I'd put my money on Nonito.

Montiel looked amazing vs Hasegawa. I'm not sure who I will pick in that one. I'll probably change my mind a few times before they fight.

round 1 10-9 Soto
antillon putting ont he pressure. Soto fighting alot off of the ropes. In close landing snapping right uppercuts. At distance he landed some jabs and right hands. Antillon trying to make this a phone booth fight and Soto using his legs. Antillon landed 20 out of 60 something and Soto 40 or so shots per punch stats given.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 am

round 2 Antillon still stalking. Soto landing more clean shots. Antillon doing some decent bodywork in close.

10-9 Soto, 20-18 after 2 rounds

Antillon is trying to wear him down but Soto is landing too cleanly thus far.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:15 am

Soto katsidis would be a fun fight. Soto/Rios would be a blast as well.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 am

soto is just being more effective every round. antillon is doing alright but soto is just doing better.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am

soto is winning the fight but he doesn't look comfortable with the pressure. Antillon warned for a low blow (that is a few already).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next