The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M NOT GIVING UP

3 posters

Go down

I'M NOT GIVING UP Empty I'M NOT GIVING UP

Post  Frank Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:06 am

I think, in a way, we're a victim of our own success.

Other boxing sites have sections dedicated to former eras and they have a great time discussing them. We started off doing this and pretty much exhausted a great deal of theories in relation to the older eras.

Everyone knows what will happen if Rocky Marciano is discussed (smile). The same can be said for Ali (I'll take the blame for being an unofficial bodyguard for Ali.) I've taken a look at other sites and they're super impressive. They score old fights, glory in warriors from the past, etc however we've been there already.

The question is, how many times can we talk about the same things over and over again? Also, comparing generations is great fun but how many times can we do this in a horribly mediocre age such as this? I think the answer is easy. We haven't talked about all the ATGs in detail. Let's give that a thought.

If we want to continue this forum, and I don't want to give up, we can write personal articles based on things in the sweet science that are of the utmost importance to us. These subjects could've happened in another century, or taken place last week.

Scoring old fights is fun as well, Louis - Walcott I, etc. We already did some of this, though there are loads of other fights to score.

We all know that people make up a place. I honestly think the silence here is a result of the lack of meaningful action in the sport, and our challenging personal lives. That's a temporary set back.

No, it's not dead here. Hell, I'm alive and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Frank

Back to top Go down

I'M NOT GIVING UP Empty Re: I'M NOT GIVING UP

Post  qdagoverner Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 pm

what the hell happened to this site? its a ghost town and what happened to the espn boxing forum? is it eradicated? I fell like I was asleep in a time capsule and woke up to a uncertain future

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:38 pm

qdagoverner wrote:what the hell happened to this site? its a ghost town and what happened to the espn boxing forum? is it eradicated? I fell like I was asleep in a time capsule and woke up to a uncertain future
Everyone slowly stopped posting on the site and now this is where we are
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:13 am

qdagoverner wrote:what the hell happened to this site? its a ghost town and what happened to the espn boxing forum? is it eradicated? I fell like I was asleep in a time capsule and woke up to a uncertain future
We need you to write a post, q

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Ok will do!!

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down