The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superbowl 48

2 posters

Go down

Superbowl 48 Empty Superbowl 48

Post  Frank Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:36 am

I know the season hasn't started yet but I just had to get this out of my system.

The Super Bowl, which will be played at the Meadowlands (if that's still the name of the Giants stadium) will be played by The Pats and the Seattle.

(Note: If the Ravens make the playoffs this year, I will consider Ozzie Newsome to be one of the greatest general managers of his day.)

(1) Will this be the year of the passing of the torch? Will Luck and Wilson (Seahawks) take over as the 2 premiere QBs in the NFL? I damn sure hope so. RGIII is obviously a formidable force but only if he stops running so damn much.

(2) Is this the year that the Steelers and the Saints show that their years as serious SB contenders are over? The Steelers are my guys but Big Ben is having trouble with the Offensive Coordinator and their running game is in question. Will the Saints bounce back as the most exciting team in the league? I have no idea.

(3) My heart is with Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs. They picked an Offensive Lineman as their number one draft choice so somebody over there is serious about building a team. I hope they're successful.

(4) I don't understand the fucking Giants. If anyone on here does, please state your case. (This was written before I found out about the Ahmad Bradshaw injury. Now I understand.)

(5) My honest opinion about the Falcons, Seahawks and 49ers is that any one of these teams can go to the show. They all play on ability and momentum so anything can happen if they all make it to post. I think if the late Bill Walsh coached one of these teams, they'd easily destroy the other 2.

(6) If the Eagles got rid of Michael Vick, I would say they have my sympathy as one of the worst teams in the league. If they keep Vick, they deserve the humiliation this year will bring them. (With my luck in predicting games, the Eagles will probably make the show and I'll have some asshole fossil from ESPN's forum coming here and reminding me of this statement.)

(7) Is it just my imagination, or does Peyton Manning only play well in post against Tom Brady?

(8) How many years will Larry Fitzgerald waste playing for the Cardinals? I've always thought he may be the best WR in the league, but it appears that he'll have to leave the Cardinals for others to see this, especially in post season.

I'd say more, however I'm perplexed about the upcoming season and that's just the way I like it. I really have no idea what to expect.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Superbowl 48 Empty Re: Superbowl 48

Post  Frank Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 am

I understand that for some reason there are not a lot of people posting here anymore. I'm hoping that will change.

However if anyone is here, I'm of the opinion that this was one of the, if not the most, unprofessional 1st week of NFL football I've ever seen. Any comments are welcome.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, a lot places were saying it was an exciting week of football. I thought it was pretty sloppy, some really bad calls by refs, and a lot of teams just not really looking like they knew how to play the game.
How you get that call wrong in the 49ers vs GB game is beyond me, I'm a Jets fan and even I thought some of the penalties were a little weak in the game against Tampa, the Jags couldn't move the ball if their life depended on it. And I don't think I've ever seen that many safeties in one week.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Good call ES. By the way, anyone picking the Jets tonight?

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 am

I've never seen a season where there are so many early injuries. Steroids cause athletes to injure easier. Scary thought that I have no proof for and I hope is a complete falsity, however this is a strange season.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down