The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet

3 posters

Go down

Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet Empty Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet

Post  Tobe Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:33 pm

MONTREAL -- It's not like being slugged by Bernard Hopkins, but it had to hurt.

Former world boxing champ Jean Pascal has turned over his Mercedes-Benz to a friend after losing a bet on the Super Bowl.

While he may be down, Pascal wants to point out he's not out. The Montreal boxer plans to reclaim his vehicle soon.

"Alright everyone, before this gets too serious, the bet was the car but just for a month, but I'm keeping my word," he said Monday on his Twitter page.

"That'll teach me!"

Later Monday afternoon, Pascal also sent out a news release apologizing to anyone who was offended by the "friendly wager" with his buddy, stressing that he doesn't condone gambling of any kind.

"Times are still extremely hard and difficult for all of us and I would never make a mockery out of these hard economic times by giving away a car," he said. "This has definitely been a lesson for me. In the future, I will be more responsible with what I choose to put on social media."

Pascal bet on the New England Patriots, but they went down to defeat when the New York Giants scored the winning touchdown in yesterday's football nailbiter.

The former light heavyweight champ's angst about the car, which is priced in the $100,000 range, is all laid out on his Twitter feed.

"Giving away my S550 ... I won't ever do that again," Pascal said of the high-end luxury car on Twitter.

"I need a ride back home," he tweeted in another post.

If that weren't enough, friends have posted video of him turning over the keys.

"Gimme the keys, gimme the keys," the unidentified new owner of the car cheerfully chants as Pascal slowly walks over and plops the keys to the sleek black sedan in his hands.

"Giants, baby, Giants," the man chants, pumping the air with his fists as a man laughs in the background.

Pascal holds his hands up in front of his face as the unidentified videographer turns his camera on him and says, "C'mon, champ, say bye-bye. Say bye-bye to the Benz."

The 59-second clip ends with the driver pulling into the street and yelling, "Thanks for the car!"

There's also a picture of Pascal grabbing his head and rocking back on the couch in disappointment as the Giants notched the win on TV.

His excitement during the game, which the Giants won 21-17, is clear in a stream of tweets, including exclamations like "Mon dieu mon dieu mon dieu (My God, my God, my God.)

The fighter takes a lot of good-natured teasing from his friends, including one who tells him to look at the bright side because fellow Haitian Jason-Pierre Paul won a ring with the Giants. Olympic gold medalist Bruny Surin also quipped that if Pascal wanted to go car shopping, he'd keep him company.

There was one other, considerable bright note for Pascal: "At least I still have my Range Rover," he said.

http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=387085

Dumbass jocolor
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet Empty Re: Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet

Post  kbyte Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 am

His friend only gets it for a month. I don't see whats so bad about that. Its just a fun bet.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet Empty Re: Jean Pascal Loses Benz on Superbowl bet

Post  Shaun Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:31 am

I like Pascal. There's no shame in losing to B-Hop. I hope he continues to get big fights.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down