The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you guys on fucking vacation?

+10
Jaime Lannister
BoxingGenius
Soonermark890
dmar5143
freakzilla
Gumby
NJBeatdown86
powerpuncher
kbyte
hardcorebee24
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are you guys on fucking vacation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you guys on fucking vacation?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Just make it an open forum. let anybody join, troll, etc.

If you dont like something ignore it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

What are you guys on fucking vacation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you guys on fucking vacation?

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Just make it an open forum. let anybody join, troll, etc.

That has to be the way. You can always sort out the bums too. There are like 350 Mods here.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:04 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

That has to be the way.  You can always sort out the bums too.  There are like 350 Mods here.

for like 4 posts a day
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

That has to be the way.  You can always sort out the bums too.  There are like 350 Mods here.

for like 4 posts a day

Thats' partly your fault, you left.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:26 pm

True. I left bc of all of the mod BS.

Ali/Sonner banning and editing posts got on my nerves

Fighting with Freak over certain threads, Sooner causing Marble to bounce over some religion or war BS argument, Dmar/Ring being completely against opening up the forum, etc, etc

Its the fucking internets! Let all the shit fly.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:True. I left bc of all of the mod BS.

Ali/Sonner banning and editing posts got on my nerves

Fighting with Freak over certain threads, Sooner causing Marble to bounce over some religion or war BS argument, Dmar/Ring being completely against opening up the forum, etc, etc

Its the fucking internets! Let all the shit fly.

I was like a child of divorce. I got ya. We need reform here. Let's try it your way and see what happens.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Is Sooner even active on here? Who's a mod who can open up the flood gates to this damn place???
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:32 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Is Sooner even active on here? Who's a mod who can open up the flood gates to this damn place???

I don't know. I dont even know how that crap works.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:40 pm

I just messaged Sooner and the rest of the Mods

Told them to open up this POS board asap

Time to get some damn activity going on in here
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:43 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I just messaged Sooner and the rest of the Mods

Told them to open up this POS board asap

Time to get some damn activity going on in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYPLaiBd3mc
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:48 pm

What are you guys on fucking vacation? - Page 2 Si%2Bse%2Bpuede
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Guys the board has been open for over a year
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Guys the board has been open for over a year

Oh, well that's good to know. LOL.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:15 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Oh, well that's good to know.  LOL.  
lol
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:55 am

..I never knew it was closed.yes anyone can join according to sooner and about 50 or so have without a single post...
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 am

i think that the lack of activity makes people not sign up. if somebody happens to stumble upon this place and sees that not many people really post then they arent likely to stick around. and also, there are plenty of people who read message boards but never post anything.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:38 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Oh, well that's good to know.  LOL.  

hahahaha shows how long i havent posted here
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:07 am

Sup
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:38 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Sup

im over posting that the 13thround.com

seems ok
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Sup

im over posting that the 13thround.com

seems ok

Meet you over there.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaime Lannister Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:28 am

That 13th Round place looks awful.

Seems like everyone here has just given up.

Jaime Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:51 am

yes they have given up.i looked at the 13th round nothing wrong with the site.it has plenty of activity maybe to much.another good site is eastside boxing.i posted there last year for about 2 weeks.at that time it had 44000 members and 20000 active ones.far to much activity where you had to search for a while to find the topic you posted in..this forum is the opposite.no activity for a while and its gonna stay that way.
the former posters who returned from espn came here to say more or less there going to this or that site.the reason they left they claimed was laughable.
and almost non existent but occur several times daily on espn.if thoses posters had stayed and theres about 10 of them and we got 5or 6 or so quality more members this site would of been fine...good topics and intimacy of posters.
it seems that several are afraid or hesitant to go to another site unless a few go with them.they need to know somebody that's why the regulars from espn seemed to ban together to choze one site..
the downfall of this place is not so called rules but you guys leaving for that lovely espn site and desided not to post here anymore..amazing how espn deleates whole topics bans forever several folks without cause and that was tolerated along with several trolls.far more name calling stupid non topic debates were there yet it was the site of choice.
as sooner said we have no rules unless formation does ...eastside boxing a great site has rules.lots of them.your membership has to be approved.
yes they have given up to the point this site is no longer functional.it was for a long while a wonderfull site.but its over...the blame lies with the former members who left for phoney reasons but reasons that espn has been guilty of big time.
sooner you did a admireable thing in starting this site.time to lockout this site for sure.it had a wonderfull run but its over.some folks just don't realize how good this site was.
im not interested in any other site.thoses that need a site then join post on 13th or eastside saddio and tons of other active sites.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 am

dmar5143 wrote:yes they have given up.i looked at the 13th round nothing wrong with the site.it has plenty of activity maybe to much.another good site is eastside boxing.i posted there last year for about 2 weeks.at that time it had 44000 members and 20000 active ones.far to much activity where you had to search for a while to find the topic you posted in..this forum is the opposite.no activity for a while and its gonna stay that way.
the former posters who returned from espn came here to say more or less there going to this or that site.the reason they left they claimed was laughable.
and almost non existent but occur several times daily on espn.if thoses posters had stayed and theres about 10 of them and we got 5or 6 or so  quality more members this site would of been fine...good topics and intimacy of posters.
it seems that several are afraid or hesitant  to go to another site unless a few go with them.they need to know somebody that's why the regulars from espn seemed to ban together to choze one site..
the downfall of this place is not so called rules but you guys leaving for that lovely espn site and desided not to post here anymore..amazing how espn deleates whole topics bans forever several folks without cause and that was tolerated along with several trolls.far more name calling stupid non topic debates were there yet it was the site of choice.
as sooner said we have no rules unless formation does ...eastside boxing a great site has rules.lots of them.your membership has to be approved.
yes they have given up to the point this site is no longer functional.it was for a long while a wonderfull site.but its over...the blame lies with the former members who left for phoney reasons but reasons that espn has been guilty of big time.
sooner you did a admireable thing in starting this site.time to lockout this site for sure.it had a wonderfull run but its over.some folks just don't realize how good this site was.
im not interested in any other site.thoses that need a site then join post on 13th or eastside saddio and tons of other active sites.

It's not phoney reasons, we have very few active posters. I have 3500 posts or so and abut the the fourth or so most active poster here ever. Ali and Grant left and they were our primary topic starters. As stated, that's not my strong point. This site isn't bad but there are unwritten rules such as mods suspending accounts without vote and without real reason other than they were offended. I even started topics on that particular example a few years or so ago. Lack of activity and very little responses from our posters are the problems with the board. 102 posters with 10 active are not enough, sorry. ESPN has nothing to do with that. You can get a response from a post there or ask a question and get an answer. A bigger group is better, bottom line, we just proved that. This seemed good at first but debating with people you agree with all the time is boring because most time there is no debate. There are no fight threads here, no post fight analysis (Except for bitching about commentators), there is favoritism to fighters that aren't brash and abrasive and the conversation in general is dull. Maybe folks are busy which is great but with a small group there is nobody to pick up where others leave off. The reasons aren't phoney. You may have not been affected by the reasons others left but their reasoning was/is valid.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:29 am

hardcore we agree on much for sure.bigger is better .20 -25more active posters this site will do well.small yes but not that small.gigantic isn't the anser either.your points are well taken except one.the banning or so called banning without a vote.does espn or any other big site have a vote.how many times has that happened here.maybe twice..was not grant banned from espn and for what.i think ali was also.also several topics and posts wipped out on espn and the posters blamed snitches and fingerpointed..that happened countless times yet was tolerated by many or they would of stoped posting there.
yes I agree one person abused his position on here and that was corrected.corrected and we cant fault the fact it was corrected.yet espn for example was guilty 1000 times over then what this site was accused of yet posters left here to go back there.thats why I said phoney reasons.go back to a site that does things on a constant basis that folks claim they oppose.come on.
I agree this site has seen its day.
by the way ive had a few posts deleated by that one mod.several where effected at one point.
you and I and a few others have had some good talks on things and at times with different views and it was good stuff.
I enjoyed this site and for a good while it had activity enough to satisfy many of us.now its less then 10 percent activity wise then before.people left or reduced posting a great deal and no one replaced them.thats the main reason .I wish all of you to find a site your happy with.ive enjoyed talks with you and several others on here.leave the site with a positive note and memories of when it was good.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:25 am

i agree that this site was great in its prime. there were a good amount of posters and no trolls. sadly, that was its demise. once a few people go on vacation or take a break from posting or whatever, the site dies. when the site stops getting posts, people slowly stop posting and look for other sites. places like espn with so many people means that topics never stop flowing which is nice but i do agree that its easy to get lost among all the posters.

at espn, i reached 1,000 posts i remember and i felt like still nobody really even knew who i was. that was the good thing about this site is that everybody knows who everybody is. and hardcore, dont say everybody agrees on everything because you know that you and i have had some disagreements. haha. its all good though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next