The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

donaire vs rigo live!

+5
dmar5143
Diego408
Gumby
NJBeatdown86
powerpuncher
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

donaire vs rigo live! - Page 3 Empty Re: donaire vs rigo live!

Post  Shaun Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 am

“Who? Give me a break,” - Larry Merchant
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:07 am

By the way, I am unimpressed with Nonito when it comes to his unwillingness to exchange. There have been a few fights where he just will NOT force the action when it's absolutely needed. Tonight was a perfect example of that.

I don't know how people had the fight so close. I had Rigo clearly winning 11-2 or 10-3.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 am

God damn it. I wanted Nonito to knock that dude out so bad. Oh well.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 am

[quote="Shaun"]By the way, I am unimpressed with Nonito when it comes to his unwillingness to exchange. There have been a few fights where he just will NOT force the action when it's absolutely needed. Tonight was a perfect example of that.

exactly correct.this was a fight where it should of not required adjustments.rigo fought exactly like I anticipated.he used his handspeed good movement and straight counterpunching.1 or 2 at a time.donaire instead of relying on one big shot needed to have a intelligent fight plan.he did not.he needed to jab more cut the ring off intelligently and yes by punching a whole lot more and to use his hand speed while attacking.no where did I see intelligent feights head movement getting a little low to close the distance while punching.he stood straight up and counterpunched himself.hes the one that said he needed to force the fight.he did nothing like that.there are so many masters of cutting the ring off and being agreesive to learn from in his preparation.marciano Armstrong etc etc.i anticipated him doing that thus a ko victory.he played follow the leader without punching.both guys threw about 30 punches a round.for small guys with handspeed that's a joke.
after 3 rounds I though donaires going to lose every round.
he says go back to the drawing board.lol bullshit.that should of been done in training.the first thing he should do is sit down with Garcia and demand at least 6 good weeks of time from him.if not get a trainer that will consintrate on a fight and not by phone.i like Garcia but last night he showed that as a trainer he failed big time.he doesn't have Freddie roaches work schudle but still spends only 10 days with donaire.thats happened in several of donaires fights where Garcia spends a week with him.thats when you wind down training.garcia who usualy gives great instructions did not last night.after 4 rounds he should of told him you blew all thoses rounds.his sence of urgentcy is you gotta get going..geez.rigo was extremely predictable on how he was going to fight.there was not 1 adjustment made by donaire or Garcia preparing for the predictable...nasim Richardson for sure would of had a quality training camp and had donaire fully prepared.so would other good trainers.go back to the drawing board.nonsence.get a trainer who will devote time and study like nazim and others.hes getting paid.in this case overpaid for just one week to 10 days work.we talked on the phone.ray arcel whitey b gil Clancy charley goldman must be turning in there graves over that statement.buddy that's why you lost.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 am

I can see giving donaire 3 rounds max.

when floyd turns a fight into a chess max, he gets credit from writers. rigo does it (while landing) harder shots (relatively speaking size wise) than Floyd would, and he gets shit on(by dumbasses like Iole and rafael). Guess Rigo needs to call himself Money, go to strip clubs and make it rain, talk mad shit about people, etc...., and then he'll get more credit from the writers.

Those 2 dumbasses (Iole and Rafael) say the crowd was booing. 1-rigo isn't scintillating. get over it. 2-the fans were donaire fans. And of course the 2 writers who are saying it was absolutely boring, etc... are fat dan and iole, 2 guys who are huge wrestling fans (not that I have a problem with wrestling) and seem to lack true knowledge of the sport. Richar Abril- runs alot. He is boring. he punches while moving. he doesn't dig those shots. Rigo moves and boxes, but he landed some good shots. If he didn't, Donaire would have walked through him.

gabe montoya said on the radio show he does (leave it in the ring radio) a few months ago that one of the secrets that the lazy boxing writers(probably a reference to rafael and some others that have never been to a fighter's training camp) don't know, "Is Garcia isn't really training Donaire. he was showing up a few days before the fight for Arce and hadn't trained Donaire." I get the feeling it has been that way for a while for Donaire and Garcia.

That kind of relationship is fine, but then don't give Garcia trainer of the year when he isn't putting Donaire through all the paces. Almost any one of us could have sat in Donaire's corner the night of Donaire/Arce and given instructions.

When it came time to see what kind of in round advice Garcia could give(and it was sorely needed last night), he seemed subpar. Shit-by round 7 or 8 he had to display much more urgency. He also needed to give substantive advice. Donaire couldn't box with him. He needed to focus on the body much more. He needed to cut off the ring better. He had to do alot more before round 10 (when he dropped Rigo) if he wanted a chance to hurt and stop the guy.

Donaire after the fight- shut the fuck up and say the better man won. I'll be back stronger. Don't make fucking excuses.

As for Donaire the person-I used to be a big fan, but not anymore. I like to follow fighters on twitter, because you get to see which guys seem to be real, grounded people. Then you have guys like Donaire that seem to be thin skinned, and wanting people to kiss their ass.

I made statments along the following lines after the Narvaez fight, "I am a huge fan. You have the chance to be great. Please don't fight smaller/lesser fighters like Narvaez." and "As a huge fan of the sport there are so few guys in every era that have the potential for greatness. Push yourself & give us that greatness."

What was his response? He blocked me. Why? he wants people to say great fight champ and kiss his ass.

How is it that he struggles to make weight? His body is looking softer and softer as he goes up in weight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:34 pm

"I had Rigo clearly winning 11-2 or 10-3."

I meant 10-2, 9-3. gg math
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am

captain, i was going to say the same thing about fat dan. he acted like rigo did nothing the whole fight and just stood there. he actually fought a smart fight and beat donaire. who cares if you think its boring. if you can beat a fighter who most consider one of the top few in boxing right now then a win is a win.

and did anybody else watch the international feed with bradley as a commentator? it was terrible. for one, bradley should never commentate again. he just sounds like he doesnt know anything about boxing (which obviously he does but he doesnt present himself like he does). and the guy commentating with him was terrible. he had donaire winning the fight. he kept saying that every round was close even when it wasnt.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:05 am

powerpuncher wrote:captain, i was going to say the same thing about fat dan. he acted like rigo did nothing the whole fight and just stood there. he actually fought a smart fight and beat donaire. who cares if you think its boring. if you can beat a fighter who most consider one of the top few in boxing right now then a win is a win.

and did anybody else watch the international feed with bradley as a commentator? it was terrible. for one, bradley should never commentate again. he just sounds like he doesnt know anything about boxing (which obviously he does but he doesnt present himself like he does). and the guy commentating with him was terrible. he had donaire winning the fight. he kept saying that every round was close even when it wasnt.

Yeah, that guy with Bradley is absolutely horrendous. I don't know or remember his name, but apparently he has been broadcasting boxing on international feeds for a long time. He is TERRIBLE.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 am

hbo showed Bradley and the terrible guy who is bob Sheridan.he is the worst ever.when I catch he on a stream I turn the sound off.if you don't I feel a enjoyable night can turn into a frustrating one.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 am

Col. Bob is so bad, he's good.

"BIG RIGHT HAND!"
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 am

Donaire wasn't throwing enough because he didn't like it when Rigo hit him. Rigo was landing some very hard shots. I had Donaire winning three rounds tops.

It irritated me to hear the crowd booing during that fight. That was a great performance by Rigo. If those people bought those tickets expecting to see a slugfest they're idiots. They were paying for exactly the fight they got.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 am

Norm1023 wrote:Donaire wasn't throwing enough because he didn't like it when Rigo hit him. Rigo was landing some very hard shots. I had Donaire winning three rounds tops.
It irritated me to hear the crowd booing during that fight. That was a great performance by Rigo. If those people bought those tickets expecting to see a slugfest they're idiots. They were paying for exactly the fight they got.
the part in bold is such a big part in fights that i dont think people notice enough because us as the viewers cant feel the punches. certain punches dont seem to be that big but obviously they somewhat hurt otherwise there is no reason why donaire couldnt have just stood there and tried to trade.

donaire felt rigos power and then was hesitant to get on the inside and throw. he didnt want to get countered. thats what makes fighters like rigo be able to dictate such a slow pace. their opponents get countered and then never want to really commit to a flurry of punches because of fear of getting hit and missing their shots.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3