The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rios/Alvarado

+5
Shaun
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
Diego408
flapanther2001
9 posters

Go down

Rios/Alvarado Empty Rios/Alvarado

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Good thing Alvarado is "boxing" instead of slugging with Rios......smh
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Rios/Alvarado Empty Re: Rios/Alvarado

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:13 am

Alvarado won this fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 am

Rios was hilarious un the post-fight.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:53 am

i wish more fighters had their attitudes. they both are more than willing to give a rematch and willing to go into each others hometowns to fight. for example, this was a high risk low reward fight for rios. he already beat alvarado and could have possibly gotten a bigger name fight. they are both exciting fighters too. they arent the best fighters in the world, but have attitudes which i would love other boxers to have.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:19 am

Had to DVR it and missed the post fight interviews. What was said? Mutual respect?

Great fight. Alvarado had the right game plan. I'm not sure Rios will have an answer for it in the 3rd fight unless he can get the KO (which is obviously very possible, he almost got it tonight).

It's nights like these that make me a proud boxing fan! Smile
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 am

it is mornings like these that make me depressed. at the in laws. no hbo. Streams were perfect for the GGG PPV in afternoon. Stream was perfect for Crawford/Prescott. Then internet completely died during round 1 of Rios/Alvarado. Couldn't get anything to work.. SSSSSSAAAAAAADDDDDD
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:26 am

So disappointed Rios lost. Alvarado took a lot out of him when he hurt him.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Shaun wrote:Had to DVR it and missed the post fight interviews. What was said? Mutual respect?

Great fight. Alvarado had the right game plan. I'm not sure Rios will have an answer for it in the 3rd fight unless he can get the KO (which is obviously very possible, he almost got it tonight).

Rios was a little amped up after the loss and was calling out Alvarado for a rubber match during the Kellerman interview. Rios was being a loud mouth again and was up in Alvarados face saying he'll go to Mile High for the third fight. There was respected, Rios seemed to admit defeat. However, Arum is denying a trilogy now. So dont be surprised if it doesnt happen.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Shaun wrote:Had to DVR it and missed the post fight interviews. What was said? Mutual respect?

Rios was a little amped up after the loss and was calling out Alvarado for a rubber match during the Kellerman interview. Rios was being a loud mouth again and was up in Alvarados face saying he'll go to Mile High for the third fight. There was respected, Rios seemed to admit defeat. However, Arum is denying a trilogy now. So dont be surprised if it doesnt happen.

It was a little weird. If you weren't listening to what they were saying you would think they were arguing and about to start fighting again haha.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 am

kbyte wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

It was a little weird. If you weren't listening to what they were saying you would think they were arguing and about to start fighting again haha.
i just love both of their attitudes when it comes to fighting. they are real fighters.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:42 am

It was funny, because Max was losing control of the situation, and as usual when that hzppens, he looked totally freaked out.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Great fight. Alvarado figured rios out. The third fight will look like ward vs gatti 3. Rios will have to change his entire way of fighting and use his jab like crazy if he is to have a chance
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm

The fight tuned in 1.2 million viewers. That's back to back 1+ million for HBO.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/4/2/4174892/rios-vs-alvarado-ii-1-2-million-tune-in-for-hbo-broadcast
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 am

finally got to watch it, hell of a fight! alvarado really stuck to his gameplan all night and didnt resort to slugging it out, pheneomenal display by him. is it me or does rios seem like he actually has a sick enjoyment from getting hit? he seems like he just really enjoys a good war in the ring the bloodier the better. always has that twisted smile on his face after getting beat down for a round. arum needs to relax and let the fights make themselves. make the rubber match now!

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down