The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rios Alvarado II in talks

+2
powerpuncher
Shaun
6 posters

Go down

Rios Alvarado II in talks Empty Rios Alvarado II in talks

Post  Shaun Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 am

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Rios Alvarado II in talks Empty Re: Rios Alvarado II in talks

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 am

it should be another great fight but i would rather them both fight somebody else because they can both make exciting fights with other people. rios needs to step up and fight a top 5 contender.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 am

powerpuncher wrote:it should be another great fight but i would rather them both fight somebody else because they can both make exciting fights with other people. rios needs to step up and fight a top 5 contender.
...rios needs to fight a top 5 contender.like who.garcia and zab are fighting each other.matthesse is fighting in jan and petterson fight brings far less excitement ..rios i think is ranked fifth by dan r and alvardo 7th.ring mag has them ranked similar.both ring and dan r have the best rankings i feel.
if one fight warrants a rematch its this one.in my eyes it was foty and boxing fans would love a rematch.
the whole community boxing including many fighters do not like the top rank golden boy feud.it is what it is.both camps give good to great in house matchups plus good fights with other promoters.
all of us should stop pipe dreaming and calling for matchups that simply wont happen because of this fued or at least recognize or understand that there are several good fights and paths both camps can make for there fighters without working together.it is what it is..
alvardo still spells a good risk for rios.a big risk and both are ranked high.
if rios wins its marquez or bradley next.thats about the best top fighter-matchup you can get.
floyd calls his own shots and its RG next then alvarez then retirement.any thoughts of a marquez fight with floyd is a huge pipedream.first the fued and hatred of all involved.arum oscar shaffer haymon floyd etc etc.second both alvarez and RG at this stage of the game will mop the floor with marquez.
both RG and alvarez pose as a far greater risk for floyd then marquez .and the alvarez fight is now the biggest fight out there in the game.
if rios does win his next fight will be against a very very top fighter.
to call for any co operation fully between tr and golden boy is like saying wlad will fight vitali next.its not going to happen.not in the near future for the 2 companies.
bring on the rios-alvardo fight.both are high ranked already and a big risk for both.
the business of boxing sometimes is good sometimes its bad.in this fight its more then good.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 am

As long as they move on after this, and do not damage each other too much, I'm fine with the rematch.

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Rios is the better fighter, a rematch is unnecessary and a waste of time for Rios especially. Yeah it will be a good fight, but Rios needs to move on and fight a top 5 ranked fighter in his division. Officially hes been in the weight class for 1 fight, but hes already had 4 or 5 fights as a Jr welter in his career, with 3 in a row.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:08 pm

as Dmar was pointing out and I will go further, there is very little for Rios to face this Spring.

Zab(3) vs Garcia(Champ)-

Matthyse(1)-think he was going to face hank lundy. After that fight is over, he is still a Golden Boy fighter. Golden Boy and Top Rank work as well together as Republicans and Democrats.

Kahn(2)-just fought, will have a spring fight, but it won't be Rios. Rios is damn tough and once again Kahn isn't a Top Rank fighter.

Marquez(4)-is he going to fight again?. His wife per a boxingscene article (yes, not the most reliable source), wants him to retire. That same (probably sketchy) article says Marquez is trying to convincer her 1 more fight. Even if Marquez fights again, the likelihood of him wanting to fight in March isn't very large.

Allakherdiev (or however you spell his fucked up name). He beat Guzman. Guzman hurt his leg in the fight and wants a rematch. Plus, I can't spell the guy's name. He won't be an acceptable tv opponent.

I would love to see Rios vs my boy, LM, Kahn, or Marquez, but 2 are GB fighters, which is a huge problem in getting fights made, and Marquez???

If he is going to fight in March, an Alvarado rematch isn't a bad fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 am

its obviously an alright choice if its the only fight that can be made but as diego said, rios is the better fighter and he won the first fight so for him, its not a great fight to take. hopefully after this fight he can actually fight a top contender.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down