The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell?

+2
UBeeg9cats
Diego408
6 posters

Go down

WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell? Empty WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell?

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 pm

This guy has disappeared after his DQ win over Abraham, hes only had two fight since which were against some bums and he didn't even fight in 2012. I still believe to this day, that late punch from Abraham wasn't as lethal as Dirrell made it seem with his reaction and Dirrell just used it as an excuse to stop fighting. Dirrell was so afraid of Abrahams power it was embarrassing, he was flopping all over the ring to avoid it when Abraham got close. Dirrell could not fight in the inside or in mid range to save his life. The guy was a runner and made terrible fights because of it. After The Abraham fight, he refused to fight Ward and pulled out of the Tournament, which I believe was all Al Haymons plan. I remember on the the 360 show Dirrell wouldn't answer their questions without a lawyer present. Dirrells handlers wanted to wait to fight Ward when they could get a lot more money when they both became stars. That's never happened. Wards a star, but hes always hurt and hes fighting once a year. Dirrell isn't even really a fighter anymore. He was a pretty good fighter and would have had a lot of success if he would have been active. The majority of the boxing public also knows that he beat Froch easily, Froch just got a hometown decision.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell? Empty Re: WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell?

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Also his brother was also talented. His career was back tracked by Cancer and a motorcycle accident. Its tough to be a Dirrell it seems. Luck is just not on their side.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell? Empty Re: WTF Ever Happened to Andre Dirrell?

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:31 pm

I believe Andre is signed with Fifty so who knows how his career will go from here.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Heart and head not in the game. He doesn't seem to want to be a fighter, just all he knows.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 am

he had a ton of talent. i actually think that he would have done well against ward because he was fast and didnt have to worry about wards power. dirrell was just so scared to get hit though. i also thought that he convincingly beat froch and was easily beating abraham before that whole fiasco. ton of talent but no heart.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm

he has a fight date april 12 on FNF against a tba.about 6 weeks away and no soft touch has been selected yet.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I believe Andre is signed with Fifty so who knows how his career will go from here.
yeah I saw that news a long time ago and he recently fought on Bob Arums card.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:03 am

He realized he was going to have to fight Andre Ward and started getting headaches. He can now go through the rest of his life pretending that the only thing that kept him from greatness was a cheap shot, and surround himself by yes men who say he would've beaten everyone if he'd gotten the shot.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:14 pm

That illegal punch by Abraham wasn't even a solid shot. Dirrell should have won an Oscar with that acting performance. That punch grazed him and he had a long delayed reaction to the blow.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 am

Diego408 wrote:That illegal punch by Abraham wasn't even a solid shot. Dirrell should have won an Oscar with that acting performance. That punch grazed him and he had a long delayed reaction to the blow.
my problem is that whether or not it really hurt him isnt the problem. i guarantee that he isnt still suffering in any way physically from it. it just ruined him mentally.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down