The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT

5 posters

Go down

Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT Empty Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Switch-hitting supermiddleweight contender Andre Dirrell will return to the ring against an opponent to be determined on the Showtime-televised Dec. 30 card that also features the comeback of former undisputed middleweight beltholder Jermain Taylor in Taylor's hometown of Little Rock, Ark., Dirrell's uncle and trainer, Leon Lawson Jr., told RingTV.com on Saturday.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/articles/170263-andre-dirrell-returns-on-dec-30

Back to top Go down

Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT Empty Re: Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT

Post  gomez1012 Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Al Haymon Twin Bill!!!!!!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT Empty Re: Andre Dirrell to return on the same card as JT

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:30 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Al Haymon Twin Bill!!!!!!!!

Hahah never thought about that. Haymon now using his sith powers on Showtime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Switch-hitting supermiddleweight contender Andre Dirrell will return to the ring against an opponent to be determined on the Showtime-televised Dec. 30 card that also features the comeback of former undisputed middleweight beltholder Jermain Taylor in Taylor's hometown of Little Rock, Ark., Dirrell's uncle and trainer, Leon Lawson Jr., told RingTV.com on Saturday.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/articles/170263-andre-dirrell-returns-on-dec-30

Last edited by Rum Capital on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 pm

if both got knocked out, then JT would retire as he should, and we would be rid of Dirrell as well.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:40 pm

captainanddew wrote:if both got knocked out, then JT would retire as he should, and we would be rid of Dirrell as well.

Leave Jermain alone, he doesn't deserve any hate.

I want Jermain to prove his critics wrong and get a shot at Martinez next year.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:02 pm

captainanddew wrote:if both got knocked out, then JT would retire as he should, and we would be rid of Dirrell as well.

you want him to be brain damaged????
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 pm

taylor was overrated for the longest time because of the hopkins fights. thats why i never really liked him. and dirrell is very talented but just has no heart which is unfortunate.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 am

powerpuncher wrote:taylor was overrated for the longest time because of the hopkins fights. thats why i never really liked him. and dirrell is very talented but just has no heart which is unfortunate.

Overrated, eh... maybe over-hyped is a better word choice. The man defeated Bernard Hopkins (twice) and fought to an entertaining draw vs. a very polished Winky Wright (although Winky probably should have got the nod in that fight). He also was on his way to a decision vs. Froch until he got KO'd in the final 10 seconds of Round 12.

I don't think he should box again though. Those knockouts he received were all so brutal.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:

you want him to be brain damaged????

He's been thoroughly tested and had a much needed break. I strongly believe Jermain will give Martinez trouble.

Pavlik was in that fight until the cut.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Shaun wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:taylor was overrated for the longest time because of the hopkins fights. thats why i never really liked him. and dirrell is very talented but just has no heart which is unfortunate.

Overrated, eh... maybe over-hyped is a better word choice. The man defeated Bernard Hopkins (twice) and fought to an entertaining draw vs. a very polished Winky Wright (although Winky probably should have got the nod in that fight). He also was on his way to a decision vs. Froch until he got KO'd in the final 10 seconds of Round 12.

I don't think he should box again though. Those knockouts he received were all so brutal.
i thought that he lost the 2nd hopkins fight pretty easily and lost the winky fight pretty easily also. i agree that he was winning against froch but taylor just has problems with a fighter with any sort of power which is a major downfall.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down