The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW.GOLDEN BOY OFFERS DONAIRE 3 MILLION FOR MARES.

+2
powerpuncher
dmar5143
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WOW.GOLDEN BOY OFFERS DONAIRE 3 MILLION FOR MARES. - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW.GOLDEN BOY OFFERS DONAIRE 3 MILLION FOR MARES.

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

this fight pp is not the only fight that can be made between 2 elite fighters in there prime.rigo vs donaire falls in that category as well in a year a garcia vs donaire or even now..both are very makeable.
theres no doubt i feel that a donaire -mares fight is one of the top 3 fights fans want to see.
the business of boxing at times all of us hate and this is a prime example of that.you have i feel 2 willing fighters ready to do it but both fighters deep down understand the foolish obsticles that are in the way.it perhaps is wishfull thinking that the two sides can come to sanity and fairness to give a product that the boxing world and fans want to see.it may need a magical wand and then some for that to happen.even a mares -garcia fight could fall into that category of 2 elite fighters in there prime but again look whos involved.so lets see whats doable without that wand for donaire and talked about by arum.1.rigo.a big yes by me and most of the fans2.chris john.a interesting fight for a fifth belt but im not excited about that fight but can accept it.3.mikey garcia a big yes.4.a return with vic.a big no.vics best days are long gone i feel.
you tell me whats mares path..
a donaire -mares fight can be a barnburner.action with 2 fighters with determination and heart.yes 2 elites at there prime..to bad a wand isnt avalible.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

WOW.GOLDEN BOY OFFERS DONAIRE 3 MILLION FOR MARES. - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW.GOLDEN BOY OFFERS DONAIRE 3 MILLION FOR MARES.

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am

mares path.1.chris john2.ponce deleon 3.jonny gonzalez.although chris john is with golden boy there must be a clause in his contract that fights outside the usa he has another promoter.a donaire fight could do ok in the orient with hbo tv.thats the only reason i can think of why boxing folks are talking about a potential donaire fight.
now if we had a real commision that was the absolute authority 1 ruling body and the mares -donaire fight was in such big demand by fans and the boxing community then a purse bid could be the anser.but we dont .
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:50 am

my problem is what i consider elite is different than what you are considering elite. to me, donaire and mares have proven to be top p4p fighters in the sport. they have both shown in the ring against good fighters that they can beat any fighter in their path. rigo is nowhere near elite even though i wouldnt mind seeing him fight donaire. he is a good fighter, not at all elite. same with garcia. garcia proved that he is a solid fighter but not yet that he is elite. to me, there are only a handful of fighters that are elite. pretty much the people in the top 10 p4p (maybe even down to the top 7 or 8). kind of like the pac-JMM fight. 2 fighters who are elite. both fighters are among the top could fighters in the world. i think that this could be said with mares and donaire. there are only a few great fighters that could be considered ahead of them.

so people like rigo and garcia are not elite because i could name quite a few fighters that i would say are potentially better. i can think of maybe 5 that would be better than donaire or mares.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Supposedly the offer is bogus and GBP is trying to make Bob and Donaire look bad. Fuck Mares, fight Rigo instead. I just want to see Donaire fight either guy, I don't care who. I'm actually sick of these no name Cubans with 7 fights calling everyone out then looking amateurish when a network or promoter gives them a platform. Gamboa, Lara, Rigo, the fat fuck Heavyweight whose knee buckled because he's a fat fuck have all looked less than stellar on the big stage and more than once. Rigo's best win is Rico Ramos, big fucking deal. Donaire should stop pussyfooting in interviews and just say "Look I want to kick the shit out of all these guys so talk to Bob and tell him to take the tampon out and make the fights."
perfect post. Donaire should be calling the shots.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 pm

glad to see sooner post something on this board.it seems of late pp myself and captain only..PP ill ask you this.1. on the so called p4p donaire only is listed there not mares by ring or dan r.maybe in your thoughts mares is a top p4p maybe others but hes not there..yes rigo is a good fighter and ring mag ranks him over mares.dan r has rigo just below mares.that to me says the 2 best ranking folks say there about equal making my thoughts rigo is a elite fighter in that division.so is mares so is donaire.mikey garcia is a elite fighter in his divison.i also feel there are some divisions that have no elite fighter at all or maybe one.so i look at divisions ..
now world wide for all fighters there are in my thoughts 5 or 6 fighters that ill say is elite.mares and rigo are not amoung them.
my position has always been since i became a fan 2 types of elites.1.division wise2.world wise for all divisions.yes there are differnet levels of elites like there are differnt levels of greatness.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

an example of elite fighters in a division that some are not on the top p4p list.middles in one year in the 50s basilio robinson fullmer giardello and webb were elite that year...in the reasent past as welters floyd mosley cotto and pac were elite in that division and at 140 bradley pac and kahn.
todays 140 pound division is deep with fighters.surely there are a few to be considered elite or top shelf for that divsion and not in the top 10 of p4p type of stuff.thats my outlook..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 pm

dmar5143 wrote:glad to see sooner post something on this board.it seems of late pp myself and captain only..PP ill ask you this.1. on the so called p4p donaire only is listed there not mares by ring or dan r.maybe in your thoughts mares is a top p4p maybe others but hes not there..yes rigo is a good fighter and ring mag ranks him over mares.dan r has rigo just below mares.that to me says the 2 best ranking folks say there about equal making my thoughts rigo is a elite fighter in that division.so is mares so is donaire.mikey garcia is a elite fighter in his divison.i also feel there are some divisions that have no elite fighter at all or maybe one.so i look at divisions ..
now world wide for all fighters there are in my thoughts 5 or 6 fighters that ill say is elite.mares and rigo are not amoung them.
my position has always been since i became a fan 2 types of elites.1.division wise2.world wise for all divisions.yes there are differnet levels of elites like there are differnt levels of greatness.
Yeah sorry guys I have been working two jobs. Also looking like I might end up getting a divorce not sure how that will go yet. Oh well shit happens LOL.

So Dmar how have you been?

I am telling you boxing is about to heat up. We have a lot of divisions right now that are loaded.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:01 am

sorry to hear that mark.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 am

dmar5143 wrote:glad to see sooner post something on this board.it seems of late pp myself and captain only..PP ill ask you this.1. on the so called p4p donaire only is listed there not mares by ring or dan r.maybe in your thoughts mares is a top p4p maybe others but hes not there..yes rigo is a good fighter and ring mag ranks him over mares.dan r has rigo just below mares.that to me says the 2 best ranking folks say there about equal making my thoughts rigo is a elite fighter in that division.so is mares so is donaire.mikey garcia is a elite fighter in his divison.i also feel there are some divisions that have no elite fighter at all or maybe one.so i look at divisions ..
whoever doesnt have mares on a p4p list doesnt know boxing. i dont care what anybody says. he has a better resume and better wins than just about anybody in boxing in the last couple of years. for some reason nobody will give him any respect. rigo is not on mares' level no matter what the rankings are. i think that rigo is a good fighter but mares' last 6 fights were all against way tougher competition than rigo has ever faced by far. mares also has a better resume than donaire. i just dont get how someone like you who always talks so much about people not fighting the best doesnt give mares more credit. he has faced such good competition, yet you put him on the same level as rigo. thats an insult to mares.

and yes, mares is elite in boxing, not just his division.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Yeah sorry guys I have been working two jobs. Also looking like I might end up getting a divorce not sure how that will go yet. Oh well shit happens LOL.

I am telling you boxing is about to heat up. We have a lot of divisions right now that are loaded.
sorry about that sooner. hope it all works out.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 am

PP please learn to read and understand what i said.if you cant then theres no use to disguss things.sorry.i said the 2 top ranking folks put rigo on a equal level as mares.not me.i have always given mares high praise.again no where did i say rigo was on the same level as mares or his equal.i said he was a elite in that division as well as donaire and mares.i also explained i feel there are different levels of elite.your surely exagerating when you say NOBODY gives mares credit.does mares warrant a top ten today.perhaps yes and in a thread on that i said mares surely deserves strong consideration.i think over vitali and bradley for sure.
is his resume better then donaires.im not sure.theres a tendency to knock donaires resume on here unfairly.i think there close.
again i never wrote that i thought mares and rigo were equal or on the same level.just elite fighters in there division.its not a insult to mares and to state something i did not write is an insult to me.
floyd ward martinez pac marquez and donaire are todays elite fighters thus far i feel.they all do a variety of things better then the rest.there tier 1 the best of the best.thats my elite.
on the rankings i disagree at times with ring or fat dan that doesnt mean they dont know what there talking about.to say that is also a insult.remember when i question ring mag ranking rigo and the japanese guy above donaire at 122 yet donaire is fifth p4p..i still dont understand that..RG is tenth on the list.does he belong over mares.absolutely not.even bradley i feel falls short to mares.
again i hate the term p4p i perfer the word best 10 fighters.the 6 i said i feel are elite are well rounded complete type of fighters in several ways.mares is not thus far.hes second tier elite.a top ten.i think so.broner i feel has more going for him then mares.he has all the tools.mares again isnt there yet dispite a better resume thus far.
the word great or elite today is used very losely.im not guilty of that.again is rigo the equal of mares.no.based on what.is he a elite in that divsion like donaire and mares.yes untill proven otherwise.i cant make my thoughts any clearer...i apologize if you feel this is a attack on you.its not.just a defense of what i wrote.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:02 am

well you made your thoughts more clear in that post than in your last one. im just saying that those fighters who you consider elite (your top 6) are the only fighters i could consider better than mares. to me, mares is up there though. i think that mayweather and ward are the best 2 fighters right now. pac and marquez still have enough last in the tank to beat most any fighter around their weight but are losing it fast. martinez and donaire are about equal to me. both on that level of really good fighters but are not HOF fighters (well, donaire still has some years left while martinez is close to done). mares to me is on the same level as donaire and martinez. he has proven that he can beat all sorts of fighters. thats what proves that someone is elite in my book.

for example, lets go with ricky hatton. i think that he was a good fighter in his prime, but he had problems with speed guys that could box. thats why he got beat by collazo (even though the judges had hatton winning). this is because he is good at what he does but he just has problems with certain types of fighters.

mares has beaten all different styles of fighters that were really good fighters too. same with the other elite fighters. they have beaten all styles. i cant name any other fighter other than those 7 right now that i could say the same thing about.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sorry to hear that mark.
Ah nothing is set in stone. Im really not as bummed out as I thought I would be. Weird.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

sorry about that sooner. hope it all works out.
It will. but thanks man.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2