The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight.

+2
Soonermark890
BoxingGenius
6 posters

Go down

I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight. Empty I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight.

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm

been a while since I've posted here, been busy. anywhom, I am having a hard time getting pumped up for this 4th pac-marq fight. I mean I'm sure it will be entertaining, but what does it mean? Either way it will be another "controversial decision" im sure. I am getting sick of the Top Rank antics in boxing. GBP is bad dont get me wrong, but Bob Arum is singlehandedly destroying the sport. Winner gets Rios allegedly, who has done nothing to deserve it aside from signing with Bob. I have always seen Pac as protected and significantly overrated, Im a fan, but also a realist. I think JMM finally takes him this time, and hopefully retires on top. Pac has let arum keep him from the fights fans have wanted to see for too long, and frankly I wouldnt mind him losing and rendering both, himself and arum irrelevent for the betterment of the sport.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight. Empty Re: I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight.

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:46 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:been a while since I've posted here, been busy. anywhom, I am having a hard time getting pumped up for this 4th pac-marq fight. I mean I'm sure it will be entertaining, but what does it mean? Either way it will be another "controversial decision" im sure. I am getting sick of the Top Rank antics in boxing. GBP is bad dont get me wrong, but Bob Arum is singlehandedly destroying the sport. Winner gets Rios allegedly, who has done nothing to deserve it aside from signing with Bob. I have always seen Pac as protected and significantly overrated, Im a fan, but also a realist. I think JMM finally takes him this time, and hopefully retires on top. Pac has let arum keep him from the fights fans have wanted to see for too long, and frankly I wouldnt mind him losing and rendering both, himself and arum irrelevent for the betterment of the sport.
im not sure who all PAC has yet to fight besides Floyd. I personally am always interested in a fight between jmm and PAC. Lets be honest these are the two guys in the sport that have actually fought everyone they needed to. It will be a great fight as always.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight. Empty Re: I have to admit, I am not very interested in this weekends fight.

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:23 pm

See I dont understand that, you say pac has fought everyone yet floyd hasnt? I mean in terms of recent fights the differences are pac fought Margo, Bradley, and Clottey... floyd has fought ortiz his kids mom and a jury lol All of those fights were pointless from a legacy standpoint IMO. Bradley was VERY unproven at 147 as was ortiz. Clottey was nothing more than a fringe contender, and margo was coming off of a win over a random mexican guy on the undercard of a cockfight. their resumes are very similar to be honest. the only ones left for them to fight are each other, sergio, and maybe canelo just because he is bigger and such a good draw. I would have rather seen pac fight nate campbell at 140 rather than diaz, as campbell was the lineal champ, just like i would have rather seen floyd fight cotto sooner. Neither has a resume without questions. all that being said... i respect the hell out of JMM, he has fought anyone and everyone and never asked for special stipulations to be in his favor like the other 2 divas

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Unless Pacquiao knocks out the 39 year old Marquez, its going to be competitive and a controversial a fair for the 4th time. Marquez really doesn't have the power to finish off Pacquaio, so that's really out of the question. We already know what we're going to get from this fight, we've seen it 3 times already. They just get older and aren't as sharp with every fight. The last fight wasn't overly entertaining like the first two and the second one wasn't as entertaining as the first one. Its not going to be exciting unless an unexpected KO occurs of either fighter. This fight is just for Marquez to get his revenge and a sweet victory hes deserved over Pacquiao for quite some while now, and for Manny to finally clearly beat Marquez in his 4th attempted, so people can say he finally won with out controversy.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Diego408 wrote:Unless Pacquiao knocks out the 39 year old Marquez, its going to be competitive and a controversial a fair for the 4th time. Marquez really doesn't have the power to finish off Pacquaio, so that's really out of the question. We already know what we're going to get from this fight, we've seen it 3 times already. They just get older and aren't as sharp with every fight. The last fight wasn't overly entertaining like the first two and the second one wasn't as entertaining as the first one. Its not going to be exciting unless an unexpected KO occurs of either fighter. This fight is just for Marquez to get his revenge and a sweet victory hes deserved over Pacquiao for quite some while now, and for Manny to finally clearly beat Marquez in his 4th attempted, so people can say he finally won with out controversy.

my thoughts exactly, this fight is to settle personal demons moreso than anything else for either fighter. Manny needs a KO marquez needs a win. I dont think either is getting a KO. another close decision and we'll get round 5... which will be even less relevant

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:06 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:See I dont understand that, you say pac has fought everyone yet floyd hasnt? I mean in terms of recent fights the differences are pac fought Margo, Bradley, and Clottey... floyd has fought ortiz his kids mom and a jury lol All of those fights were pointless from a legacy standpoint IMO. Bradley was VERY unproven at 147 as was ortiz. Clottey was nothing more than a fringe contender, and margo was coming off of a win over a random mexican guy on the undercard of a cockfight. their resumes are very similar to be honest. the only ones left for them to fight are each other, sergio, and maybe canelo just because he is bigger and such a good draw. I would have rather seen pac fight nate campbell at 140 rather than diaz, as campbell was the lineal champ, just like i would have rather seen floyd fight cotto sooner. Neither has a resume without questions. all that being said... i respect the hell out of JMM, he has fought anyone and everyone and never asked for special stipulations to be in his favor like the other 2 divas
No they are not. Has floyd won 4 lineal titles? On top of that Pac has to date never ducked anyone? Nate Campbell? WTF?

Floyd avoided every big fight since his days fighting Coralles and Castillo. When is the last time he fought someone that had not taken a bunch of beatings or had obviously fallen off? Baldi? LOL

Do we just forget he "retired" instead of taking any of the dangerous fights? Cotto, Margo and Shane where all available and looked very good and dangerous. But yet he retires. The guy avoided people like the plague and we are supposed to put him up against a guy who has taken dangerous fights most of his career. Remember how people thought Oscar would KO Pac within 3. yeah people forget that. They are polar opposites. Floyd with his skills had a chance to be one of the greats but he didnt do it. I remember when I was a Floyd fan and saying that he was unbelievable and then he lost me as a fan when he began ducking.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 am

Two Hall of Fame fighters are fighting each other. I'm interested.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:51 am

I'm interested in this fight just because I think Marquez is gonna win this time and without controversy. I can't remember that well but I feel like Pac was pushing his punches against Bradley and was slower than ever. If Marquez can't take him now then he should just call it a day. Hes not knocking Pac out though.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 am

I'm really confused as to who Pacquiao hasn't fought or ducked. Floyd Mayweather is outright terrified of Manny and Pac has had to look elsewhere for fights. Pac isn't jumping up in weight anymore so what's he supposed to do?

As far as tonight's fight is concerned, it'll be like the rest of their wars. Marquez is a bit of mutant as far as taking punishment is concerned so look for another close decision with Pac pulling it out in the end.

As far as the attraction of the fight is concerned, I'm excited as hell about it.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 am

kbyte wrote:I'm interested in this fight just because I think Marquez is gonna win this time and without controversy. I can't remember that well but I feel like Pac was pushing his punches against Bradley and was slower than ever. If Marquez can't take him now then he should just call it a day. Hes not knocking Pac out though.
I want JMM to retire no matter what the outcome is. I will say that given that Pac has gotten the nod in their last two fights I agree with Roach that Pac cant win a close decision again so he needs to dominate him or KO him to win.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 am

Frank wrote:I'm really confused as to who Pacquiao hasn't fought or ducked. Floyd Mayweather is outright terrified of Manny and Pac has had to look elsewhere for fights. Pac isn't jumping up in weight anymore so what's he supposed to do?

As far as tonight's fight is concerned, it'll be like the rest of their wars. Marquez is a bit of mutant as far as taking punishment is concerned so look for another close decision with Pac pulling it out in the end.

As far as the attraction of the fight is concerned, I'm excited as hell about it.
Yeah I am not sure who Pac hasnt fought.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down