The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight

+2
powerpuncher
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight Empty Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 am

Sorry its football season and I was watching that.LOL

This is how I scored the fight. I am wondering how everyone else did.

Rounds 1-3, 7, 9, 11 and 12 Trout
Rounds 4-6, 8, 10 Cotto.

I had Trout winning the fight in a very competitive fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight Empty Re: Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 am

no way cotto won the 10th. that was the same round bernstein gave to him but that might have been trouts best round. he landed a ton of shots and cotto didnt land much. i thought that round 1 was close (like in most fights) and then rounds 2-5 were mostly pretty easily trout for me. 6 was close but i gave it to cotto. trout dominated mostly rounds 7-11 and the 12th was close and i gave it to cotto.

i didnt think the fight was that close at all. i thought that trout pretty easily won by a very comfortable margin. and i was even rooting for cotto to win.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight Empty Re: Ok I just finished watching the Cotto fight

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 am

powerpuncher wrote:no way cotto won the 10th. that was the same round bernstein gave to him but that might have been trouts best round. he landed a ton of shots and cotto didnt land much. i thought that round 1 was close (like in most fights) and then rounds 2-5 were mostly pretty easily trout for me. 6 was close but i gave it to cotto. trout dominated mostly rounds 7-11 and the 12th was close and i gave it to cotto.

i didnt think the fight was that close at all. i thought that trout pretty easily won by a very comfortable margin. and i was even rooting for cotto to win.
wasnt the 10th the round were cotto hurt trout with a combination of body shots? After 7 rounds I had it exactly like Steve farhood then we differed slightly. One thing is for sure no way cotto could even get a tie
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 am

I had Trout winning 8 rounds to 4.

I agree with Powerpuncher, in the 10th round, Trout was really taking Cotto to the woodshed, and putting punches together on him. And if you were really paying attention, and not being swayed by the pro-Cotto crowd: Cotto was doing a lot of missing, and hitting Trout on his gloves and elbows a lot. I was impressed with Trout's defense.

And I picked Cotto to win before the fight. But as soon as the first couple of rounds were over, I knew he was in big trouble...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

hillsicc303 wrote:I had Trout winning 8 rounds to 4.

I agree with Powerpuncher, in the 10th round, Trout was really taking Cotto to the woodshed, and putting punches together on him. And if you were really paying attention, and not being swayed by the pro-Cotto crowd: Cotto was doing a lot of missing, and hitting Trout on his gloves and elbows a lot. I was impressed with Trout's defense.

And I picked Cotto to win before the fight. But as soon as the first couple of rounds were over, I knew he was in big trouble...
sounds like I need to rewatch that round.lol
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm

I only had Cotto winning 3 rounds. I thought he looked a bit amateurish the way he was winging some of his punches.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:32 pm

I had it 7 TROUT, 4 COTTO, 1 EVEN.

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Shaun wrote:I had it 7 TROUT, 4 COTTO, 1 EVEN.

What rounds did you give Cotto?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

What rounds did you give Cotto?

Don't remember. I'll need to watch it again.

I had Trout winning 11 and 12 which means Cotto could have won on my scorecard. However, his stamina was blatantly fading toward the end of round 10. I knew Trout would pull off the win from that point onward.

I'm glad the judges got it right. I like the idea of Harold's daughter doing scoring. She is held more accountable because her dad is on HBO. She seems to get it right.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm

same as I had it saturday night.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Nice. I also feel like that scoring accurately reflects the fight as a whole rather than round by round. It just felt like Trout got the better of him.

I didn't agree with Cotto's strategy. I think he should have boxed on the outside more. He did it in one round (and he happened to win that round too).
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 am

Shaun wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Nice. I also feel like that scoring accurately reflects the fight as a whole rather than round by round. It just felt like Trout got the better of him.

I didn't agree with Cotto's strategy. I think he should have boxed on the outside more. He did it in one round (and he happened to win that round too).
the problem with trying to box trout is that trout was so much taller and longer that he wouldnt be able to stay on the outside. his only chance was to try to get on the inside and do damage.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down