The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rios vs alvarado; donaire vs nishioka lets score em

+5
Soonermark890
flapanther2001
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

rios vs alvarado; donaire vs nishioka lets score em - Page 3 Empty Re: rios vs alvarado; donaire vs nishioka lets score em

Post  GhettoWizard Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:02 am

captainanddew wrote:so pumped for tonight. hopefully it lives up to the expectations

One did and the other was almost as bad as Briggs/Ibragimov if not for Donaire. Nishioka averaged 22 punches a round and that's by a part time employee with a hand held gadget in his/her hand. That is beyond pathetic for 122.

GhettoWizard

Back to top Go down

rios vs alvarado; donaire vs nishioka lets score em - Page 3 Empty Re: rios vs alvarado; donaire vs nishioka lets score em

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 am

i just hate donaire. he is a waste of talent. and i absolutely hated his comment about rigo not having enough fights for him to get excited about. to me, thats just admitting you are scared because rigo is definitely better than his last 4 opponents. actually, rigo would probably be the best fighter he has ever faced besides vic.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 am

Rios earned a ton of respect from me last night. He's going to be fun to watch at 140. He did a great job of eating a lot of Alvarado's punches with his gloves and dictating the tempo. The guy was smiling the whole fight, that's confidence in your game plan and enjoying your work. I hope he doesn't sit out for the Pac-JMM winner because there are plenty of guys for him at 140, and I don't think beating Alvarado makes him the next man up for a mega payday. I'd like to see him and Holt.

Donaire was impressive as always. Nishioka just had no idea how to handle him. Even though I hate to see it as a fan, I understand why someone would want to try to protect themselves and wait for an opening as opposed to swinging wildly to be entertaining. Rigo's the next best guy at 122. If Donaire can't get excited for him he should move up. It's simple. If he fights the winner of Mares-Moreno, I'd be cool with that too.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:25 am

Gumby wrote:Rios earned a ton of respect from me last night. He's going to be fun to watch at 140. He did a great job of eating a lot of Alvarado's punches with his gloves and dictating the tempo. The guy was smiling the whole fight, that's confidence in your game plan and enjoying your work. I hope he doesn't sit out for the Pac-JMM winner because there are plenty of guys for him at 140, and I don't think beating Alvarado makes him the next man up for a mega payday. I'd like to see him and Holt.

Donaire was impressive as always. Nishioka just had no idea how to handle him. Even though I hate to see it as a fan, I understand why someone would want to try to protect themselves and wait for an opening as opposed to swinging wildly to be entertaining. Rigo's the next best guy at 122. If Donaire can't get excited for him he should move up. It's simple. If he fights the winner of Mares-Moreno, I'd be cool with that too.
he is scared of rigo, plain and simple. and if he moves up weight instead of fighting the mares/anselmo winner, he is for sure scared of all good fighters. he cant keep avoiding the best fighters if he wants to stay high on the p4p list because he slowly drops for me after every fight. he isnt even in my top 5.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am

PP i disagree that donaire is afraid of rigo or anyone else.he has been fighting good fighters and now just fought nishoka that almost everyone on here said that fight will never be made for the same reasons that your saying now.donaires afraid of him or bobs protecting him. the result was donaire beat him with ease.
now of course hes afraid of rigo.why.based on rigos last fight donaire should mop the floor with him also.yes rigo has a good punchers chance.thats it.several boxing folks agree that rigo hasnt done enough to warrant that fight plus the fact he sells zero tickets.mares indeed is the big fight in that division if he wins his next one.he has done enough and is very marketable.donaire has said he will fight anyone and i believe him..
the politics of the promoters is hurting possibilties of top fights being made and several fighters according to dan r are totaly frustrated over that.
the last guy donaire fought i think would of given rigo a go maybe even beating him.again based on rigos last fight what does donaire have to fear.
the kids getting a bad rap especialy after coming off a big win in a fight everyone on here said would never happen because hes afraid of the guy or is afraid to fight the best.he proved thoses folks wrong yet hes getting the same unfair treatment.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 am

dmar5143 wrote:PP i disagree that donaire is afraid of rigo or anyone else.he has been fighting good fighters and now just fought nishoka that almost everyone on here said that fight will never be made for the same reasons that your saying now.donaires afraid of him or bobs protecting him. the result was donaire beat him with ease.
now of course hes afraid of rigo.why.based on rigos last fight donaire should mop the floor with him also.yes rigo has a good punchers chance.thats it.several boxing folks agree that rigo hasnt done enough to warrant that fight plus the fact he sells zero tickets.mares indeed is the big fight in that division if he wins his next one.he has done enough and is very marketable.donaire has said he will fight anyone and i believe him..
the politics of the promoters is hurting possibilties of top fights being made and several fighters according to dan r are totaly frustrated over that.
the last guy donaire fought i think would of given rigo a go maybe even beating him.again based on rigos last fight what does donaire have to fear.
the kids getting a bad rap especialy after coming off a big win in a fight everyone on here said would never happen because hes afraid of the guy or is afraid to fight the best.he proved thoses folks wrong yet hes getting the same unfair treatment.
for one, being a top p4p fighter (as high as #3 on some peoples list), you should be fighting above and beyond who he is fighting. other than vic, he really hasnt fought the best. the biggest thing is that when he was actually at bantamweight, there was a bantamweight tournament with the best bantamweights and he wasnt in it. thats fine if the promoter thing didnt work out but for being a top p4p fighter, there is absolutely no reason why he wouldnt fight the winner of that. mares has been fighting way better competition than donaire and gets no respect.

lets look at donaires opponents as of late. he fought montiel, who i stated was past his best but whatever. he was an alright opponent so i was alright with that. and it was an impressive KO. then he fights navarez who was one of those undefeated fighters who fought only in his own country and had no quality wins on his resume. fine. i guess it was a tune up fight. then he fights vaquez who had just come off a loss to arce and was and still is very green. that was nothing more than a tune up fight either. then he fights mathebula who is another guy who only fights in his country and had lost to any decent guy he had ever fought. now he fight nishioka who i had never actually seen fight. im not complaining that he fought him, but i am saying that he definitely wasnt on the top of my list of fighters i would want him to fight.

and im not even looking at this in hindsight. i havent liked any of his match ups from before they even fought. now tell me how he has avoided mares, anselmo, agbeko, perez, and a vic rematch for all of these years? they are all way better than his last few opponents. if this were floyd, you would be calling for his head and saying how he is ducking everybody. but since its donaire, you say that he isnt scared and is fighting the best. it makes no sense.

and rigo looked solid in his last fight. no, he isnt the greatest fighter, but he is solid and better than his last few opponents for sure. i will guarantee that if donaire ever mans up and fights rigo, that rigo will do way better than all of the opponents that i named. and one more thing, there are talks again about donaire fighting arce which is a huge joke. he cant possibly get away with avoiding the winner of mares/anselmo again can he?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 am

1.mares does get respect from not only us but the boxing community.saying he gets no respect is not true.2.mathebula is a very good fighter.just because he fought in his own country mostly isnt a factor determining if hes good or not.cerdan loi locche and others prove that statement false3.now your dismissing nisiko as a secondary fighter when almost all on here said thats one of the 2 guys he should fight.and he was ranked number 1.
ill agree theres no reason to fight arce again..3.your assuming something that isnt there.your mind reading that if floyd fought so and so like donaire did i would be calling for his head.i had no problem with floyd fighting hatton.when floyd was at the berto-ortiz fight i said that night that hes looking to fight the winner.i had no problem with that either.hatton ortiz can be viewed as similar caliber of fighters that donaire fought.there amoung the top rated fighters in there class.
mares not rigo is by far the more deserving fighter.politics is maybe preventing one.the other will happen and rigo signing a 18 month extention is a strong sign that it will happen.
donaire has said several times he will fight anyone.get rigos or mares name on a contract and its a go he said.theres no valid reason to believe otherwise.
forget that phoney p4p list and forget the reasoning of because your on it you need to fight so and so.
yes be patient that fight will happen.id much rather have rigo fight a few more times and correct his obvious flaws and be a better more experienced fighter when he goes against donaire.
i dont like a 3 fight deal covering 18 months.i much rather see a minimum of 3 fights up to 5 or 6 fights in the contract.showcase rigo against some good fighters also..now you knock donaire but heres a guy that has had 11 fights.hes a top guy but howmany top guys has he beat.top ones not decent lower end guys.you knock donaire for not doing that.a claim ill disagree with especialy since he just fought a guy ranked over him and rigo at 122.yet you clamor for rigo as deserving over others.based on what.the fight will happen.
when it does happen folks that take your position should apoligize to donaire.some of you should start now since i remember the words donaires afraid of nishiko.bob will NEVER allow him to get in the ring with him.well shortly after they agreededto fight.
the bantam tourney was fantastic.donaire wasnt in it so we knock him.PP ill remind you when ali lost his license to fight.a tourney of the top 8 heavies was annouched to get a new champ.joe frazier said no.i wont take part in it.so he fights a unranked slob named buster manthis to fight for a version of the hw championship only recogonized by new york state and pennsyvania.
lets not rush to judgement with this.ok.again the fight will happen so get your apologies ready folks.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:51 pm

for one, mares doesnt get as much respect as he deserves because he is on nobodies p4p list even though his resume is better than pretty much every fighter right now. and why is mathebula a good fighter? tell me anything that he has done to prove in anyway that he is a good fighter. and dont compare locche or cerdan to mathebula or navarez because they are very rare in the history of boxing and actually still beat top fighters. mathebula and navarez never fought anybody good in their country and showed that once they stepped up in competition they couldnt handle it. and i said that i wasnt upset about the nishioka fight. he just wasnt the first fighter i would have matched up with donaire. im not even saying that rigo is a great fighter, but he is better than who donaire has been facing lately. if donaire had been facing top opponents (like mares or anselmo), then i would have no problem with him not fighting rigo. so yes, if he fights the winner of that fight or rigo next instead of arce or another scrub then i will admit that im wrong, but i doubt that he will.

dont compare mayweather fighting hatton to donaire fighting his competition. hatton was known as a top p4p fighter at the time. he was undefeated. and i would say that berto and ortiz are definitely better than nishioka. you, along with many others, always bringing up him not fighting margo and cotto at welter. donaire skipping all of that stacked bantamweight class is way worse. when is the last time that donaire actually fought the best fighter in his weight class?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3