The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations)

5 posters

Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations)

Post  freakzilla Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:12 pm

There has been a lot of debate in previous topics so I thought you guys should vote who gets into the tournament. I'll list great Lightweights and just tell me which 16 you want in the tourney and I'll pick the top 16 you guys choose.

Contenders-

Roberto Duran
Benny Leonard
Joe Gans
Ike Williams
Pernell Whitaker
Tony Canzoneri
Carlos Ortiz
Henry Armstrong
Freddie Walsh
Packey McFarland
Beau Jack
Barney Ross
Sammy Angott
Battling Nelson
Lou Ambers
Joe Brown
George Lavigne
Bob Montgomery
Ken Buchanan
Ad Wolgast
Ismael Laguna
Joe Luis Castillo
Jack McAuliffe
Willie Ritchie
Shane Mosley
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations)

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:44 am

duran
leonard
gans
ike williams
whitaker
canzoneri
ortiz
armstrong
walsh
jack
ross
nelson
ambers
brown
montgomery
angott
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Nominations)

Post  Frank Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:52 am

This division belongs to Roberto Duran. If there are some objections on here, let's have the tournament. If not, let's move on to the next division. I mean honestly, does anyone doubt who the greatest LW of all times is?

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 am

Frank wrote:This division belongs to Roberto Duran. If there are some objections on here, let's have the tournament. If not, let's move on to the next division. I mean honestly, does anyone doubt who the greatest LW of all times is?

I don't think it really matters though. It will be interesting reading peoples opinions on the different match ups.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am

I think Feather and super feather is going to be extremely interesting.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I think Feather and super feather is going to be extremely interesting.

I had planned on doing the original 8 divisions.

Heavyweight- Muhammad Ali
Light Heavyweight- Gene Tunney
Middleweight- Carlos Monzon
Welterweight- Sugar Ray Robinson
Lightweight- ?
Featherweight- ?
Bantamweight- ?
Flyweight- ?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:17 pm

kbyte wrote:
Frank wrote:This division belongs to Roberto Duran. If there are some objections on here, let's have the tournament. If not, let's move on to the next division. I mean honestly, does anyone doubt who the greatest LW of all times is?

I don't think it really matters though. It will be interesting reading peoples opinions on the different match ups.

Agreed. I love reading peoples opinions and learning new things.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I think Feather and super feather is going to be extremely interesting.

I had planned on doing the original 8 divisions.

Heavyweight- Muhammad Ali
Light Heavyweight- Gene Tunney
Middleweight- Carlos Monzon
Welterweight- Sugar Ray Robinson
Lightweight- ?
Featherweight- ?
Bantamweight- ?
Flyweight- ?
sounds good.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:29 pm

I agree with Sooner and Freak. I hadn't thought of it that way before.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:46 am

Frank wrote:I agree with Sooner and Freak. I hadn't thought of it that way before.
really? thats the only way i thought about it. if it were just saying who was the best, then i wouldnt waste my time with any of it and just state my top fighters at each division.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Frank wrote:I agree with Sooner and Freak. I hadn't thought of it that way before.
really? thats the only way i thought about it. if it were just saying who was the best, then i wouldnt waste my time with any of it and just state my top fighters at each division.
This division is a little more obvious than the rest.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 am

i just realized that JCC isnt on this list. haha. he should definitely be in the mix. too late now i guess.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 am

Frank wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
really? for me its actually the most competitive with duran, armstrong, sweet pea, and leonard. thats a hard to pick final four to me. plus, fighters like ike williams and carlos ortiz are sleepers. like i said before, for me, styles make fights and IMO this is the first weight class where my winner isnt as pre determined as the other weight classes.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:07 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Frank wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
really? for me its actually the most competitive with duran, armstrong, sweet pea, and leonard. thats a hard to pick final four to me. plus, fighters like ike williams and carlos ortiz are sleepers. like i said before, for me, styles make fights and IMO this is the first weight class where my winner isnt as pre determined as the other weight classes.
Boxing is amazing in that you have levels of greatness. All the fighters you mentioned are special, once in a generation fighters, however make no mistake about it, Duran would've beaten their asses until their was no more ass to beat, and I'm not even a big Duran fan.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down