The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament?

+3
flapanther2001
gomez1012
freakzilla
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament? Empty Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament?

Post  freakzilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Next tournament will be for the best ever singer/band/group. What are your nominations?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament? Empty Re: Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament?

Post  freakzilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Just to start it off.

Michael Jackson
Bryan Adams
U2
Kings of Leon
2Pac
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament? Empty Re: Your nominations for greatest ever musician(s) tournament?

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Led Zeppelin
The Who
The Doors
DMX
NWA
AC/DC
Lionel Richie
Boyz II Men
Dr Dre
Wu Tang Clan
Marvin Gaye
The Eagles
Deep Purple
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Audioslave
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Beatles
Elvis
The Kinks
Public Enemy

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Queen
Van Halen (David Lee Roth)
Cheap Trick
Bob Marley
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Fuck me I left out Queen and Marley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Frank Sinatra.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Nirvana
Jimmy Hendrix
The Rolling Stones
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Aerosmith
Alice Cooper
Black Sabbath
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Busta Rhymes
Cream
David Bowie
Eric Clapton
Foo Fighters
Guns N' Roses
Ice Cube
Jay-Z
Johnny Cash
Kanye West
Kiss
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Oasis
Pink Floyd
The Police
Prince
Run-DMC
Seal
Sting
Snoop Dogg
Stevie Wonder
Thin Lizzy
U2

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Just give it to the Beatles and let the rest fight it out for second.... Very Happy
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:44 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Just give it to the Beatles and let the rest fight it out for second.... Very Happy

no one towers over Sinatra. Not only an amazing singer, but the ultimate ladies man.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:27 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Just give it to the Beatles and let the rest fight it out for second.... Very Happy

I would but for the fact the Beetles suck.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Steve Miller Band
Pearl Jam
Everclear
Matchbox Twenty
Stone Temple Pilots
Blink 182
Weezer
Bee Gees
Temptations
Tom Petty
Dr. Dre
ELO
Supremes
Smokey Robinson
Jackson 5
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:46 am

freakzilla wrote:

No

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:

no one towers over Sinatra. Not only an amazing singer, but the ultimate ladies man.
I love Sinatra, but he didn't do anything to change music. The Beatles changes the entire music scene forever.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:35 pm

freakzilla wrote:

LOL....and exactly what did Bryan Adams & Kings of Leon do for the music industry?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't care what they did for the industry. I like their music more than the beetles.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

LOL....and exactly what did Bryan Adams & Kings of Leon do for the music industry?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:24 pm

freakzilla wrote:I don't care what they did for the industry. I like their music more than the beetles.
Music is subjective. It's all about personal taste as far as what someone likes. Having said that, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the industry that won't put the Beatles at the top of every list of greatest or most influential bands ever.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:I don't care what they did for the industry. I like their music more than the beetles.
Music is subjective. It's all about personal taste as far as what someone likes. Having said that, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the industry that won't put the Beatles at the top of every list of greatest or most influential bands ever.
I am with Freak on this. I am not a big fan of the beetles either.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 am

Air supply
seals and croft
Peter Cetera
Christopher Cross

Just to start
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun May 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Nominated list below. I will trim it down to 64. Any requests for your favorite to be included 100%?

Michael Jackson
Bryan Adams
U2
Kings of Leon
2Pac
Led Zeppelin
The Who
The Doors
DMX
NWA
AC/DC
Lionel Richie
Boyz II Men
Dr Dre
Wu Tang Clan
Marvin Gaye
The Eagles
Deep Purple
Bon Jovi
Metallica
Audioslave
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Beatles
Elvis
The Kinks
Public Enemy
Queen
Van Halen (David Lee Roth)
Cheap Trick
Bob Marley
Frank Sinatra
Nirvana
Jimmy Hendrix
The Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper
Black Sabbath
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Busta Rhymes
Cream
David Bowie
Eric Clapton
Foo Fighters
Guns N' Roses
Ice Cube
Jay-Z
Johnny Cash
Kanye West
Kiss
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Oasis
Pink Floyd
The Police
Prince
Run-DMC
Seal
Sting
Snoop Dogg
Stevie Wonder
Thin Lizzy
U2
Steve Miller Band
Pearl Jam
Everclear
Matchbox Twenty
Stone Temple Pilots
Blink 182
Weezer
Bee Gees
Temptations
Tom Petty
Dr. Dre
ELO
Supremes
Smokey Robinson
Jackson 5
Air supply
Seals and Croft
Peter Cetera
Christopher Cross
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 am

My favorite band is Steve Miller Band
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

guys nice idea but a impossible task.impossible.there have been bands in different eras that shined the brightest and whos music is adored by many.as far as greatest singers truly there is no contest..sinatra was the greatest pop singer ever.no one comes close.yes guys like como martino and a few others may have had a better voice but as far as interpetation of song telling a story reaching deep down into his soul to deliver classics to the point where you hear a song and many of them you think thats a sinatra song..the greatest singer of all time is mario lanza.no one comes close.the most versitle singer ever with a golden vocal sound and awsome beauty and power and sweeteness that gave definative versions of song not only in opera but italian classics operetta american classics show tunes christmas carols religious hyms ohhh the lords prayer or the ava mario for example and popular songs.
influencial groups its almost impossible to say someone other then the beetles.classic bach type overtones and a blending of music that will forever remain eternal..in my youth the platters were the group.of all times its the beatles..in rock and roll only its the king.elvis..not even the father of rock chuck berry comes clo0se.
rock and roll to me is the 50s to mid sixties.groups like the rolling stones are called rock n roll groups .please there not.not even close but in there catergory whatever it is there either the best or near the very top...bands.emerson lake and palmer if you call then a band were excellent..hard to beat but bands should be in eras only..sorry guys no band comes close to the big band erea..glem miller was a genuis.artie shaw benny goodman untouchable..the whole era was simply magnificence plus..millers in the mood or shaws sing sing sing and so many others remain eternal classics that will never age..
a impossible task..singers of jazz how do you compete with lady ella or billy holiday..you dont..
to me theres only 2 clear cut choices.sinatra and lanza.they were in a class by themselves..the others like bands groups etc etc have a level of greatness that is different but will never be surpassed..equaled maybe..
so its impossible.especialy when bands like miller shaw goodman and others are excluded simply because youth does not know who there were or was .ive been a lover of music all my life with the same passion i have with baseball and boxing.unlike thoses sports music has variations that make it impossible to say for example which band was the greatest..the big band era for a example was music at its innovated finest genuis.bands of later eras have equial perhaps greatness but not superior greatness..its that level im talking about with lanza and sintra being the only exceptions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon May 02, 2011 10:23 am

I have really weird taste in music. I love everything.

Dmar I do admit before the motown era I really dont know much about music outside of Woodie Guthrie. Its sad because I really do love all types of music. I think I will put on some Bee Gees during class today while the kids are working. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 am

examples in freaks list theres no rush.surely there amoung the finest in there era.again that level of greatness..snoppy dog.get the fuck out of there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next