The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

+10
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
kbyte
GrantZilla
Gumby
Rum Capital
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Norm1023
14 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) Empty Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Last edited by Ali on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 am

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Norm1023 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:06 am

I can't wait. The books are awesome. I hope it does well so they'll produce a series for each of the books. Of course that means Martin will have to finish writing it at some point.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:38 pm

For someone who hasn't read the books what's the general premise of the story ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 pm

It' set in medieval times about two guys (Ned Stark & Robert Baratheon) that fought side by side to claim power. They decided that Robert would be king and he ends up marrying into another family (the Lannisters) to consolidate power. Then the queen has him killed while he's on a hunting trip and the Starks and Lannisters go to war.

The books are pretty brutal. Not for kids kind of stuff. Lots of sex and violence. And George Martin has no fears about killing off main characters. Jaw dropping stuff when it happens too.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Norm1023 wrote:It' set in medieval times about two guys (Ned Stark & Robert Baratheon) that fought side by side to claim power. They decided that Robert would be king and he ends up marrying into another family (the Lannisters) to consolidate power. Then the queen has him killed while he's on a hunting trip and the Starks and Lannisters go to war.

The books are pretty brutal. Not for kids kind of stuff. Lots of sex and violence. And George Martin has no fears about killing off main characters. Jaw dropping stuff when it happens too.

Sounds like gripping stuff, I can't wait to watch it next year, thanks Norm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Can't wait to see A Game Of Thrones this month.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Anyone catch the premiere?

Nudity and decapitations. Not a bad way to start.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Norm1023 wrote:Anyone catch the premiere?

Have the first episode on my harddrive, saving it for Friday.

Nudity and decapitations are right up my alley Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:23 pm

I thought it started Sunday, have to see if its OnDemand already
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Ali wrote:

It started better than the borgias and Camelot so far. BTW I am really disappointed in the borgias. Camelot is better than I thought it would be though.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 pm

WOW, that was fantastic, I loved every minute Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

It started better than the borgias and Camelot so far. BTW I am really disappointed in the borgias. Camelot is better than I thought it would be though.
really??? i like all 3 shows but game of thornes was by far the best one. i love that lady was getting doggied by her brother (crazy shit) she was sarah connor in the sarah connor chronicles. btw the other blonde has a smoking body (big fat booty).
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Lena Headey.

The blonde from the exotic kingdom was very cute, Jason Momoa is a lucky SOB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

really??? i like all 3 shows but game of thornes was by far the best one. i love that lady was getting doggied by her brother (crazy shit) she was sarah connor in the sarah connor chronicles. btw the other blonde has a smoking body (big fat booty).
I think the show is just moving too slow. The last episode just crawled by. Its still good I just thought it would be great given what Showtime usually puts out.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm going to watch this. One of the better first episodes I can remember from any series. I'm still figuring out who's who but I feel like that will sort itself out. The only other new show I'm picking up is The Killing.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Gumby wrote:I'm going to watch this. One of the better first episodes I can remember from any series. I'm still figuring out who's who but I feel like that will sort itself out. The only other new show I'm picking up is The Killing.
+1 the killing is awesome
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 am

Gumby wrote:I'm going to watch this. One of the better first episodes I can remember from any series. I'm still figuring out who's who but I feel like that will sort itself out. The only other new show I'm picking up is The Killing.

My mother watched the original Scandinavian version and said it was outstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 pm

I must say that after two episodes I'm pretty shocked how true to the book they've been able to keep it.

Of course after the first episode I went back and read the book again.

I must say though, read the books. I read a lot of fantasy series and this is by far the best. It may sound like blasphemy, but this series is better than Lord of the Rings.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm in!

First two episodes where legit, wasnt a fan of the LOTR, but this is much better

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I must say that after two episodes I'm pretty shocked how true to the book they've been able to keep it.

Of course after the first episode I went back and read the book again.

I must say though, read the books. I read a lot of fantasy series and this is by far the best. It may sound like blasphemy, but this series is better than Lord of the Rings.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) G600616996

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Sundays are now stacked for me. This show and the Borgias. Sweet.

I'm done wasting my time getting into shows on regular cable, only because they will likely end up cancelled.

Still pissed Lights Out wasn't even given a second season. Showtime or HBO would have given it a second season. No way it cost a fraction of what this show costs.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Anyone watch Justified ?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Ali wrote:Anyone watch Justified ?

I've seen a few episodes. But I'm boycotting FX. Two shows in a row they've not even given a chance. Terriors and now Lights Out.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Aren't FX the network who brought us The Shield ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next