The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caballero

+7
Gumby
gomez1012
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
hardcorebee24
Rum Capital
captainanddew
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Caballero Empty Caballero

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 am

isn't going to get Lopez or Gamboa now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Caballero Empty Re: Caballero

Post  Rum Capital Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:47 am

the guy's a fucking bum i've been telling you guys that for a while. he clearly lost to lacierva and got a gift.....LACIERVAAAAAAAAAAAA and yet he wanted a 50-50 split for a fight with juanma or gamboa and when the promoters tell him to fuck off he makes youtube videos about how they should put up the whole purse and winner gets it all and everybody buys into this guys gimmick. the guys a fucking bum who was just dominant because of his size at 122.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:06 am

That should have been JuanMa fucking him up. Like it or not, JuanMa ducked him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:09 am

i just got in from work and cought the last3 rounds of the maquez fight and saw that caballero lost in the big upset..hes out of the picture for sure..berto scoring a fast ko helps his cause..marquez from what i saw looked good but the other guy proved he belongs in the mix of the lightweights...abraham did what i felt he would..give away half the fight and then dont get untracted..

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:13 am

Pelenchin got his balls beat tonight. He looked uninspired and unable to adjust. He's still a tough fight for any 126er. Litzau at 5'10" seems all wrong for Caballero in hindsight. JuanMa and Gamboa are 5'5".
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:18 am

Caba fucked up Dibella's trifecta. Berto and Sergio with crushing KO's and Caba was looking like Manute Bol.

Also Caballero had trouble making 130.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 am

when you are used to being at least 6 inches or more taller than your opponent, it would definitely throw you off. when i used to wrestle, i saw guys who were dominant in small weight classes but they hit a growth spurt and werent very dominant anymore. its the same concept. you fight different styles depending on the weight class, and unless you are really good, you wont adjust well when you move up.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 am

The fool doesn't know how to to use his size and box. When you're letting a cat like Litzau jump all over you, you're boxing skills suck.

What Froch was doing tonight is what he needed to do. Pump out that jab and move.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:32 am

ExpertMcGee wrote:Caba fucked up Dibella's trifecta. Berto and Sergio with crushing KO's and Caba was looking like Manute Bol.

Also Caballero had trouble making 130.

lol great call

Cabby overlooked the American Boy
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:28 am

Caballero lost his chance. I'd like to see him go over to Japan and take on Hasegawa and if he wins try and get a belt or a fight with whoever loses Juanma v. Gamboa.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:31 am

Gumby wrote:Caballero lost his chance. I'd like to see him go over to Japan and take on Hasegawa and if he wins try and get a belt or a fight with whoever loses Juanma v. Gamboa.

This loss needn't permanently derail Caballero. The things that worked for him when he has extreme physical advantages seemd not to when he didn't. At 126 he is awfully long and tall.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:32 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Gumby wrote:Caballero lost his chance. I'd like to see him go over to Japan and take on Hasegawa and if he wins try and get a belt or a fight with whoever loses Juanma v. Gamboa.

This loss needn't permanently derail Caballero. The things that worked for him when he has extreme physical advantages seemd not to when he didn't. At 126 he is awfully long and tall.

I think what derails him is age and/or lack of discipline. He's not too many years off of JMM age and had to take an hour to make 130, a weight in which he was moving UP to. Not good signs at all.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:35 am

Groundhog wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I think what derails him is age and/or lack of discipline. He's not too many years off of JMM age and had to take an hour to make 130, a weight in which he was moving UP to. Not good signs at all.

Good point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 am

What happened to Cab ? did he overlook litzua or was it moving up in weight ?

Rum, you can trash Cab all you want but your boy still ducked him like John Goodman ducks salads.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 am

He just fought like shit. Sure the exscuse will be he overlooked Litzua. But I think Litzua just all wrong for him. He's 5'10, not some little guy he can overwhelm with his size
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 am

GrantZilla wrote:He just fought like shit. Sure the exscuse will be he overlooked Litzua. But I think Litzua just all wrong for him. He's 5'10, not some little guy he can overwhelm with his size

Litzau could have let the moment and the opponent do him in. He didn't let it. When Litzau jumped on top of Cab and threw shots, Cab had no answer. Only when Litzau laid back did Cab look decent. By round 6 or so all of us were saying how Caballero was looking rather rough (to say the least).

He lost out on a Gamboa or JuanMa fight. Right or wrong he needed to continue to win convincingly to get those fights. He didn't and it will derail him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 am

i just can't understand how he struggled to make the weight, he was fighting at 122 not long ago comfortably. I don't understand why Caballero "had to" fight Litzau at another new weight either as i'm sure he would've got a fight at featherweight being as deep as that division is. As has been pointed out Gamboa and Lopez are both a lot shorter than Caballero and styles make fights. He totally overlooked this fight, he's been too busy bitching about JuanMa, who whether you like it or not ducked Caballero. I bet he is feeling stupid now. as has been pointed out thouhg, Litzau was the bigger man, Caballero fought like shit and he has totally blown any chance of a fight with Gamboa or Lopez who arfe smaller fighters that would struggle with his size. Maybe now Lopez will sign for the fight though, still think that will be a great fight. Pelenchin looked shit though, i'm very disapointed

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:42 am

dbudge wrote:i just can't understand how he struggled to make the weight, he was fighting at 122 not long ago comfortably. I don't understand why Caballero "had to" fight Litzau at another new weight either as i'm sure he would've got a fight at featherweight being as deep as that division is. As has been pointed out Gamboa and Lopez are both a lot shorter than Caballero and styles make fights. He totally overlooked this fight, he's been too busy bitching about JuanMa, who whether you like it or not ducked Caballero. I bet he is feeling stupid now. as has been pointed out thouhg, Litzau was the bigger man, Caballero fought like shit and he has totally blown any chance of a fight with Gamboa or Lopez who arfe smaller fighters that would struggle with his size. Maybe now Lopez will sign for the fight though, still think that will be a great fight. Pelenchin looked shit though, i'm very disapointed

Bob Arum just wrote down in his diary last night: "Gamboa and Lopez don't have to ever fight Caballero now. Isn't life grand!"
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:03 pm

dbudge wrote:i just can't understand how he struggled to make the weight, he was fighting at 122 not long ago comfortably. I don't understand why Caballero "had to" fight Litzau at another new weight either as i'm sure he would've got a fight at featherweight being as deep as that division is. As has been pointed out Gamboa and Lopez are both a lot shorter than Caballero and styles make fights. He totally overlooked this fight, he's been too busy bitching about JuanMa, who whether you like it or not ducked Caballero. I bet he is feeling stupid now. as has been pointed out thouhg, Litzau was the bigger man, Caballero fought like shit and he has totally blown any chance of a fight with Gamboa or Lopez who arfe smaller fighters that would struggle with his size. Maybe now Lopez will sign for the fight though, still think that will be a great fight. Pelenchin looked shit though, i'm very disapointed

He didn't prepare properly. Nice post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 pm

When I posted the weigh-in pictures I pointed out how he looked dry with sunken cheeks. Cab's a huge guy for those weight classes at 5'11 and he's 34 years old, it most require a crazy diet of rice and bananas to get down that low.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:13 pm

I know one man on this forum who said Caballero would whoop Guerreros ass hahahahaha. The reason Caba lost was because he was fighting a guy his hieght. Hes not use to it, hes use to punching down on half a foot shorter fighters (thats where his punching power comes from)
Caballero has no footwork and slaps too much, he'll lose in a rematch for sure. Either way, Lopez ducked the shit out of him. its kinda the situation PW was in when he got destroed by PW, It still doesnt change the fact fighters ducked him.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Diego408 wrote:I know one man on this forum who said Caballero would whoop Guerreros ass hahahahaha. The reason Caba lost was because he was fighting a guy his hieght. Hes not use to it, hes use to punching down on half a foot shorter fighters (thats where his punching power comes from)
Caballero has no footwork and slaps too much, he'll lose in a rematch for sure. Either way, Lopez ducked the shit out of him. its kinda the situation PW was in when he got destroed by PW, It still doesnt change the fact fighters ducked him.

this situation is a little different to PW i think. PW was out cold in 2 rounds, whereas Caballero dropped a decision. to struggle to make 130lb when you've been fighting below 122 less than 12 months before shows lack of discipline. i think that can only be put down to him not taking the fight seriously and believing his own hype. we'll see what he brings next time out but i see when Caballero is fighting to type he lands a large quantity of punches, has great looping shots that rip around the guard and to the body and he has a good set of whiskers. we'll see

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:36 pm

dbudge wrote:
Diego408 wrote:I know one man on this forum who said Caballero would whoop Guerreros ass hahahahaha. The reason Caba lost was because he was fighting a guy his hieght. Hes not use to it, hes use to punching down on half a foot shorter fighters (thats where his punching power comes from)

this situation is a little different to PW i think. PW was out cold in 2 rounds, whereas Caballero dropped a decision. to struggle to make 130lb when you've been fighting below 122 less than 12 months before shows lack of discipline. i think that can only be put down to him not taking the fight seriously and believing his own hype. we'll see what he brings next time out but i see when Caballero is fighting to type he lands a large quantity of punches, has great looping shots that rip around the guard and to the body and he has a good set of whiskers. we'll see
Well the situation I meant to describe was Caballero still being ducked despite losing. I mean Litzua is no Martinez, hes just a better than average club fighter. Caballero was exposed, Williams wasnt really, his chin was just dented by a great shot. Everything is just wrong with Caballero, his size is the only reason he was dominant at 122.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Diego408 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Well the situation I meant to describe was Caballero still being ducked despite losing. I mean Litzua is no Martinez, hes just a better than average club fighter. Caballero was exposed, Williams wasnt really, his chin was just dented by a great shot. Everything is just wrong with Caballero, his size is the only reason he was dominant at 122.

we'll see what comes of Caballero but i don't know if he was exposed or wherever he had an awful night. to be strugglin to make a limit when you're moving up when it's never been a problem before is unusual.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:57 pm

captainanddew wrote:isn't going to get Lopez or Gamboa now.

Caballero would get annihilated by either Lopez or Gamboa, Caballero better think again before running his mouth about fighting one of those dudes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next