The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PAYTON SWEEPSTAKES

+5
Diego408
captainanddew
Gumby
GrantZilla
dmar5143
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THE PAYTON SWEEPSTAKES Empty THE PAYTON SWEEPSTAKES

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:39 am

two mistakes already by the jets and the redskins.its ok the jets extended sanchez contract since i doubt manning would want to play for a idiot named ryan.there mistake is tossing big big money at a average quaterback.yes he can improve but they overpaid him a ton..the redskins did the rams a huge favor by morgaging off there future.look the skins need much more then a qb.thoses draft choices could of helped fill in the void.the rams still got a choice number 6 first round draft choice plus for the next 2 years a additional number 1 choice and the third year a number 2 choice.great move by the rams a desperate one for the skins.free agentcy or a trade with a good backup qb would of been the smart move and rebuild from there with draft choices etc etc...i think it will be denver getting payton.reasons1.there in the afl2.there divisional champs already and should be playoff contenders3.tebow is no quaterback and elway is qb friendly.4.there defense was solid giving manning a chance at the ball plenty of times5.with the addition of manning free agents would favor denver because there already contenders and manning makes there super bowl chances improve greatly.6. turn tebow into a runing back.it wont be the first time with a qb.remember the great paul horning.i believe tebow has no trade value if he wants to stay at qb.by that i mean they will get nothing in return of value for him.with payton at qb and tebow in a wildcat formation look out teams.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE PAYTON SWEEPSTAKES Empty Re: THE PAYTON SWEEPSTAKES

Post  Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't see Peyton fitting in at Denver after the year Tebow had, unless it's as a backup.

It just doesn't make sense, I wish the Cowboys would get him.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:05 am

dmar5143 wrote:i think it will be denver getting payton.reasons1.there in the afl2.there divisional champs already and should be playoff contenders.

Manning is going to Miami If he doesn't, it means Miami blew it. He is not going to play in cold weather Denver. He's use to playing in a dome.

Add on Reggie Wayne is a free agent and who played for the Univerity of Miami. So chances are, Wayne will be a Dolphin if Manning goes there. That'd give Manning two go two receivers in Marshall and Wayne.

Add on, Manning already got a house in South Florida.

If the Dolphins blow it, then it will be Arizona
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:46 am

miami is runing neck and neck with denver.a home in that area is a big plus.the cards have some good recievers but i think the national conference is out because he knows well the teams in the american conference.dallas would be awsome ring because eli is in that division and talk about hype if they play twice a year against each other.
i dont know what the dates are for a trade but the colts got zero for payton.look at the strong interest by several teams.that says to me a trade would of gotten at least a number 1 pick this year a number 2 and 4 next year minimum.as i said before dispite many saying im wrong i would of traded my number 1 pick this year.if griffin got 2 number 1 picks and a number 2 pick plus you still got a high number 1 pick this year then luck would of drawn the same plus a number 3 pick this year and a player who could fill a hole..immagine next year having 3 number 1 picks.what possibilties that could do to improve your team with a mix of young highly rated talent and a solid player already established plus free agency.6 top draft picks extra plus a player or luck.ill take the 3 additional number 1 picks plus 2 additional number 2 picks and the player and a number 4 pick anyday.remember jimmy johnson and hersel walker.
with the strong interest for payton no one is going to convince me now that he is untradable.total nonsence.i like the long term possibiltes for the colts if they did that.well they cant now.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I hope he doesn't go to Miami. They already have a decent core on D. Marshall should be rested and recovered and with him, Wayne and Bess/Hartline we're talking about one of the best receiving cores in the league. And it'd be scary to see Reggie Bush with Manning making things easy for him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 pm

reports on espn say manning has narrowed it down to 2 choices..denver and arizona.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:16 pm

dmar5143 wrote:reports on espn say manning has narrowed it down to 2 choices..denver and arizona.

i hope it is denver because I don't like tebow. I wsant to hear him cry about losing his job.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm

I just can not see Manning playing for Denver. Outside the cold weather, he's a control freak. And you know him and Elway will butt heads.

Miami just has the most upside for Manning.

As for the Colts making a mistake not trading their # 1 pick. I disagree. If Luck is as good as everyone thinks, he will be a franchise QB for atlesat a decade. Manning at best, got maybe 2-3 years left. At best!

Even with Luck, the Colts will struggle this coming season and will likely get another good draft pick. It will be rebuilding year for the Colts.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Miami and SF are his best fit. Arizona ad Denver have a lot of holes. Manning should be worrying about his legacy at this stage of his career. The fact his brother has 1 super bowl more than him hurts his reputation a bit. I just hope Manning wins another one before he retires.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Diego408 wrote:Miami and SF are his best fit. Arizona ad Denver have a lot of holes. Manning should be worrying about his legacy at this stage of his career. The fact his brother has 1 super bowl more than him hurts his reputation a bit. I just hope Manning wins another one before he retires.

fun week in the manning sweepstakes

marshall gets traded from miami
arizona runs out of time and gives Kolb his bonus.
tennessee steps up
manning works out for denver

this is high drama.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:29 pm

the SF 49ers have been the sleeper team along. The 49ers, Denver and The Titans are the teams in the race to get Manning. People out here in California are going crazy with the thought of possibly getting Patyon. If Payton wants to win Super Bowls, his best bet is with SF because they have more of a complete team. I'm crossing my fingers they get Manning right now.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:44 pm

dmar5143 wrote:two mistakes already by the jets and the redskins.its ok the jets extended sanchez contract since i doubt manning would want to play for a idiot named ryan.there mistake is tossing big big money at a average quaterback.

just to clarify, the Jets saved some money with giving Sanchez an extension since the contract is backloaded.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I think Denver is the odd team out of the 3 team race. It's going to between the 49ers and the Titans. His ties in Tennessee make the Titans the favorite to land him, but the fact the 9ers are a complete team at this point in time is hard to pass up for him at this stage of his career. Manning wants to win SBs. He has all these great stats, but not many rings to go with them. A player of his caliber should have won more and SF is his best chance to do so. Adding Manningham, and Moss was to lure Manning here. Crabtree and Davis are very good players, but because Smith is so limited, they don't have the stats to show it. Plus that run game is really good with Gore and Hunter. With Manning it will only get better because opposing defenses won't just focus on stopping the run game, but would also account for Manning. Unlike with Smith because that guy was so limited at the QB position, defenses weren't afraid of his abilities. Smith is very smart and makes good decisions, but he is not accurate and doesn't have an arm which is a huge flaw in a QB.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:29 pm

its interesting.denver now as diego said may be third choice.the 49ers look hard to pass up but tennesee he had roots there before and the owner just may go all out.the smart choice with the head is the 49 ers with the heart its the titans.close call.i think tenn has a slight edge.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Btw I don't think Smith is coming back to SF. He'll end up in Miami, just watch. 49ers didn't pursue him after he rejected their first offer (3 year 30$mil) and then they took a gamble to get Manning. They currently have two QBs that just spent their rookie seasons on the bench last season.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:38 am

Diego408 wrote:Btw I don't think Smith is coming back to SF. He'll end up in Miami, just watch. 49ers didn't pursue him after he rejected their first offer (3 year 30$mil) and then they took a gamble to get Manning. They currently have two QBs that just spent their rookie seasons on the bench last season.
...unreal he turned down 30 mill for 3 years.miami will be fools to offer more i feel.geez talk about spoiled fucks huh.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Peyton to Denver. But The move makes little sense to me.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Diego408 wrote:Peyton to Denver. But The move makes little sense to me.
...my first reaction was denver and i felt elway was a strong factor plus the reasons mentioned but the titans surge i thought could win out in the end.yes the 49 era on paper makes the most sence but playing for there coach over a john fox didnt make for a good fit..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
...my first reaction was denver and i felt elway was a strong factor plus the reasons mentioned but the titans surge i thought could win out in the end.yes the 49 era on paper makes the most sence but playing for there coach over a john fox didnt make for a good fit..

You called it Dmar.

And I'm with Sooner

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Wow, Tebow and Peyton will fight it out. I guess Elway really didn't like Tebow after all.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Wow, Tebow and Peyton will fight it out. I guess Elway really didn't like Tebow after all.

Tebow is gone. Peyton wouldn't allow Tebow to be their. Too much of a distraction. Especially if Manning has a bad game or two and the crowd starts yelling for Tebow.

If The Jags were smart, they'd pick Tebow up, soley to sell some tickets to their emty stadium.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Wow, Tebow and Peyton will fight it out. I guess Elway really didn't like Tebow after all.

Tebow is gone. Peyton wouldn't allow Tebow to be their. Too much of a distraction. Especially if Manning has a bad game or two and the crowd starts yelling for Tebow.

If The Jags were smart, they'd pick Tebow up, soley to sell some tickets to their emty stadium.

Tebow will get on his knees (Teblowing) in someones front office and get himself a job.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:47 pm

I still can't beleive Manning is going to cold ass Denver. He's been a dome team player his whole career. He's a control freak that likes to have control over everything, even the environment. Now he's going to be playing his home games at Mile High? Where weather is unpredictable to say the least. He's not use to playing in the type of wind that occurs there.

Elway must have really won him over.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum