The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May

+2
gomez1012
Diego408
6 posters

Go down

Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May Empty Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Now that Hopkins-Dawson II has been scheduled, the representatives for former champ Jean Pascal (26-2-1, 16 KOs) and rising contender Ismayl Sillakh (17-0, 14 KOs) are discussing a match that would serve as a final elimination bout that would give the winner a mandatory shot at the winner of Hopkins-Dawson II. Square Ring promoter John Wirt, Sillakh's promoter, told ESPN.com that he is in talks with Pascal promoter Yvon Michel about the fight. "We're very hopeful that this fight will take place between Sillakh and Pascal, and Yvon and I are talking about potentially doing it in May, but nothing is done yet." Stylistically, both fighters are aggressive and it would seem to shape up as a fan-friendly fight. "I think it's a great fight. I think a lot of people think it's a fantastic fight and will showcase both fighters' skills," Wirt said. "Obviously, I think Sillakh has the skills to win. People have been avoiding him for a long time now and we're very appreciative that the WBC ordered this fight. This is the role sanctioning organizations are meant to play, giving opportunities to deserving fighters that otherwise wouldn't get one without the situation being forced." Showtime has interest in Pascal-Sillakh, although it may not fit in the network's budget or schedule. Pascal hasn't fought since losing the title to Hopkins in May.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7508475/jermain-taylor-striving-stay-busy-fight-again-april

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May Empty Re: Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May

Post  Diego408 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 pm

I really like this match up.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May Empty Re: Jean Pascal vs. Ismayl Sillakh is in talks for May

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Diego408 wrote:I really like this match up.

I haven't seen Sillakh is he good ? everyone on the forums talk about him.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

yea seems like a tough boxer puncher, the black russian could take this
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Is that his moniker ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:33 am

gomez1012 wrote:

Is that his moniker ?
yes it is
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 am

Rum Capital wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Is that his moniker ?
yes it is

That is the worst highlight reel Ive ever fucking seen.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Is that his moniker ?
yes it is
Not only that, it was impossible to watch with banana girl doing her thing right below it!!! Very Happy
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Is that his moniker ?
yes it is

hey jersey shore he has never seen the guy so i figure i would post some of his fights. the only other video they have of him is his highlights against despaigne but since ali is into that ufc , wwe type thing i figure he would like that one better.
KEEP FIST PUMPING
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:13 am

Team Sillakh is Ready: Jean Pascal, He Needs To Step Up

Ivaylo Gotzev, manager of undefeated light heavyweight prospect Ismayl Sillakh (17-0, 14KOs), advised BoxingScene.com that negotiations are ongoing to finalize a fight with former WBC champion Jean Pascal (26-2-1, 16KOs). At last December's WBC convention in Las Vegas, the sanctioning body ordered Sillakh and Pascal to face each other for the mandatory postion. The winner would challenge the victor of the Bernard Hopkins-Chad Dawson rematch, which is scheduled for April 28th in Atlantic City. Showtime is interested in televising Pascal-Sillakh.

"At this point, at least there is something postive that's happening. We had a conversation with Pascal's promoter [Yvon Michel]. He expressed interest in the fight. This should be a fight that the networks should be fighting over. They would get a glimpse at a future star in this sport. Sillakh is no longer flying under the radar, he's been detected as an up and coming superstar. We've been patient through these negotiations. When the WBC first ordered the tournament [to set a mandatory], everyone bolted. Then this came up in December. The time has come for Pascal to step up," Gotzev told BoxingScene.com.

http://tinyurl.com/8ytuwfp
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down