The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium?

+6
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
Soonermark890
dmar5143
captainanddew
gomez1012
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium? Empty Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium?

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 am

Juan Manuel Marquez and Lamont Peterson appear to be out of the running to face Manny Pacquiao in June, so the two fighters are targeting one another with the idea that the fight would lead to the winner facing Manny later in 2012. Sal Rodriguez says that negotiations will begin soon, and that Marquez wants the fight at Cowboys Stadium.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/1/20/2722337/juan-manuel-marquez-next-fight-lamont-peterson-pacquiao-eliminator-cowboys-stadium

Good fight but at Cowboy Stadium?? LOL!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium? Empty Re: Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium?

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Juan Manuel Marquez and Lamont Peterson appear to be out of the running to face Manny Pacquiao in June, so the two fighters are targeting one another with the idea that the fight would lead to the winner facing Manny later in 2012. Sal Rodriguez says that negotiations will begin soon, and that Marquez wants the fight at Cowboys Stadium.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/1/20/2722337/juan-manuel-marquez-next-fight-lamont-peterson-pacquiao-eliminator-cowboys-stadium

Good fight but at Cowboy Stadium?? LOL!

Putting Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy stadium doesn't make sense unless you put someone like Chavev Jr. (and a couple other name latino fighters) on the undercard. Even then I'm not sure it makes great sense.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium? Empty Re: Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy Stadium?

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:35 am

captainanddew wrote:
Putting Marquez vs Peterson at Cowboy stadium doesn't make sense unless you put someone like Chavev Jr. (and a couple other name latino fighters) on the undercard. Even then I'm not sure it makes great sense.

Chavez Jr vs Pavlik & Marquez vs Peterson!

Get it done! Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:37 am

chavez jr vs pavlik at 165 or so.very interesting and yes sellable as a undercard.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am

huge Mexican population in Dallas. It will sell.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 pm

dmar5143 wrote:chavez jr vs pavlik at 165 or so.very interesting and yes sellable as a undercard.

just make it 168. Chavez Jr. weighing 178-180 in the ring for his fights at 160.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 pm

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:chavez jr vs pavlik at 165 or so.very interesting and yes sellable as a undercard.

just make it 168. Chavez Jr. weighing 178-180 in the ring for his fights at 160.
...sounds good to me.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:06 pm

this is actually a solid fight for JMM because im sure that he will destroy peterson. maybe then it will set up a big money fight with khan too. then a rematch with pac to end his career.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 pm

No way, I don't see why Jerry would have any interest in staging that fight there.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:No way, I don't see why Jerry would have any interest in staging that fight there.

he'll get paid. Why not have interest?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:No way, I don't see why Jerry would have any interest in staging that fight there.

And no football games until next season, he should have some dates available
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:

No marquee names or financial gain.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Jerry isn't going to cut any deal where he doesn't make money.

Last edited by captainanddew on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

he will make a financial gain.

I just don't see that fight generating any buzz.

Marquez vs. Morales though....

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:56 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

he will make a financial gain.

I just don't see that fight generating any buzz.

Marquez vs. Morales though....

throw name latinos on the undercard and it will draw. I think Mexico is the more natural location.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Jerry isn't going to cut any deal where he doesn't make money.

Yup. Jerry just wants people to come to his Billion dollar stadium. It's not making him any money just sitting their empty in the off season. Even if only ten thousand people show up, that's ten thousand people he can make money off of parking, tickets, and concessions
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Pac v. Cotto
JMM v. Bradley
Khan v. Peterson

That's the only way I'm buying that card. And whatever you want to say about Bradley being a bitch, he's the man by default right now. I think Arum should start planning things like the Floyd fight will never happen and have the option to drop everything else if it seems like it's a go.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:44 am

Marquez vs Peterson makes no sense at Cowboy stadium. Having 7,000 ppl in a stadium that holds 100k is not worth it.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 am

SlickMoney wrote:Marquez vs Peterson makes no sense at Cowboy stadium. Having 7,000 ppl in a stadium that holds 100k is not worth it.

I agree, but shit like that doesn't matter to these people. Like the owner of The Silverdome paying for Alexander-Bradley. It holds 93k, and only 6k showed up for that fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:49 am

SlickMoney wrote:Marquez vs Peterson makes no sense at Cowboy stadium. Having 7,000 ppl in a stadium that holds 100k is not worth it.

I think you can draw 18-20k if you put a very good card on. But I agree it doesn't make the most sense. It is time for Marquez to have a fight in Mexico.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:41 pm

It would be a lot more than that. The mexican population around Dallas is huge. At the Pac vs Margo fight that place was about 70% mexican crowd. They would sell an easy 25,000 seats.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Marquez vs Peterson Could Fall on July 14th at Cowboys

Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, advised BoxingScene.com that July 14th is a tentative date for a possible junior welterweight bout between IBF/WBA champion Lamont Peterson (30-1, 15KOs) and former three division beltholder Juan Manuel Marquez (53-6-1, 39KOs).

Marquez is already on board with the fight, but Peterson is still considering his options - which include a rematch with Amir Khan.

Before they collide in July, Arum would like to have the two of them take part in separate fights, possibly on March 17th, in a newly constructed venue in Mexico City.

Provided both of them win in March, Arum would place the July fight in Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

"That's my goal. That's what I would like to see, but we'll see if we can do it," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

http://tinyurl.com/7f6bwra
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:13 am

charge 10-15 bucks a ticket, and tens of thousands of Mexicans will fill that place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:34 pm

This fight would sell. It's a great idea and fight. I hope it happens.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I just think fights at The Cowboy Stadium should just be a little more high profile, but at the end of the day it's giving the sport some much needed exposure so it's not that bad an idea.

Good fight though, toss up IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next