The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFC & NFC Championships Sunday

+7
freakzilla
Diego408
dmar5143
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
gomez1012
Frank
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AFC & NFC Championships Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: AFC & NFC Championships Sunday

Post  freakzilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Even I enjoyed the game. Patriots vs Giants is what I wanted to see.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

AFC & NFC Championships Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: AFC & NFC Championships Sunday

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 am

freakzilla wrote:Even I enjoyed the game. Patriots vs Giants is what I wanted to see.

Patriots vs Giants/Super Bowl comes on in 2 weeks. The Pats will probably be the favorites, but I think the Giants will win another close game.

cheers freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 am

Ring wrote:
freakzilla wrote:Even I enjoyed the game. Patriots vs Giants is what I wanted to see.

Patriots vs Giants/Super Bowl comes on in 2 weeks. The Pats will probably be the favorites, but I think the Giants will win another close game.

cheers freak
GO GIANTS. I hate the Pats.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 am

Hey Ring, long time. I started playing fantasy football this season and it's made me a fan of the game. No expert at all but I enjoy watching it. I have a feeling the Patriots will win. Brady has a point to prove after all the Rodgers and Brees talk this season.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:43 am

everyone is calling for williams' head. its a play that happens in football. a player gets stripped. it just so happened on a big play. it doesnt mean that he is a bad player and should be kicked out of the league as many people i have heard say (not just on this board). defense dominated the second half of the game and giants pulled it out. it really just came down to who made the first mistake.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:10 am

powerpuncher wrote:everyone is calling for williams' head. its a play that happens in football. a player gets stripped. it just so happened on a big play. it doesnt mean that he is a bad player and should be kicked out of the league as many people i have heard say (not just on this board). defense dominated the second half of the game and giants pulled it out. it really just came down to who made the first mistake.

I agree. But Raven's Billy Cundiff deserves to be fired. There no exscuse chunking a 32 yard field goal like that.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 am

GrantZilla wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:everyone is calling for williams' head. its a play that happens in football. a player gets stripped. it just so happened on a big play. it doesnt mean that he is a bad player and should be kicked out of the league as many people i have heard say (not just on this board). defense dominated the second half of the game and giants pulled it out. it really just came down to who made the first mistake.

I agree. But Raven's Billy Cundiff deserves to be fired. There no exscuse chunking a 32 yard field goal like that.

i think that missing a 32 yard FG is worse than what williams did but nobody is saying anything about that.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 am

If Kyle Williams wasn't returning Kicks, the 49ers would have been SB bound from the looks of how the game was going. Manning was getting tore up by the Smith Brothers.

I actually saw a few death threats on Twitter aiming at Kyle Williams. That's going to far. On Facebook this guy is getting grilled. It will be interesting if they keep him next year. He's probably the most hated man in SF ever lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 am

Diego408 wrote:If Kyle Williams wasn't returning Kicks, the 49ers would have been SB bound from the looks of how the game was going. Manning was getting tore up by the Smith Brothers.

I actually saw a few death threats on Twitter aiming at Kyle Williams. That's going to far. On Facebook this guy is getting grilled. It will be interesting if they keep him next year. He's probably the most hated man in SF ever lol

Hardly. From all indications, it would just been another three and out for the 9ers limited offense. In the first half, Smith threw 7 passes and completed TWO! They only converted one third down the entire game.

It would have only been a matter of time before Eli would've busted out one of his crazy plays and got the team close enough to kick a field goal. The 9ers were not going to win the game regardless with how bad their offense was. They needed The Giants to make a mistake, and it didn't happen.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:53 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:ring i agree.he had control both feet hit the ground with ball intact.its a td.

I wondered if anyone else thought this. I hate the Patriots so I thought it was my bias coming through.
Might've been. We'll take it though. I think the argument against it being a catch was that he never had full possession. I'm not sure if it could've been challenged.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

He made two crucial mistakes. If he hadn't made either the outcome of the game could have been different. He shouldn't be kicked out, but that game might've ruined his career and he'll have to put in some serious work to earn the respect of the SF fans. Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was bad luck...but it doesn't matter, he single-handedly cost his team the game.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:06 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Diego408 wrote:If Kyle Williams wasn't returning Kicks, the 49ers would have been SB bound from the looks of how the game was going. Manning was getting tore up by the Smith Brothers.

Hardly. From all indications, it would just been another three and out for the 9ers limited offense. In the first half, Smith threw 7 passes and completed TWO! They only converted one third down the entire game.

It would have only been a matter of time before Eli would've busted out one of his crazy plays and got the team close enough to kick a field goal. The 9ers were not going to win the game regardless with how bad their offense was. They needed The Giants to make a mistake, and it didn't happen.
You're wrong, Kyle Williams two turnovers put up 10 points for Giants. Manning couldn't do shit on a long field in the second half or OT. The 49ers played better than the Giants, it's just one player held them back.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Both of Kyle Williams' turnovers were costly, the 2nd one, the fumble, was more forgivable because the ball was knocked out by a NYG. There's no excuse however for the 1st turnover by Williams, he shouldn't have been close enough to the ball to let it hit his knee. Then to make him look like even more of an idiot, he starts complaining to the Official that the ball never touched him, when the replay showed that it clearly did.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Diego408 wrote:You're wrong, Kyle Williams two turnovers put up 10 points for Giants. Manning couldn't do shit on a long field in the second half or OT. The 49ers played better than the Giants, it's just one player held them back.

No they didn't. Smith was 12 of 26 passing for 196 yards. Add on, Ahmad Bradshaw had more total yards than Gore did.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:38 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

The first Williams mistake was easily the bigger of his 2 and I think bigger than missing a gimme FG. The Giants were completely sputtering in the 2nd half and were behind. Williams should've been no where near the ball and should've dove on it when it bounced off of him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:47 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:The first Williams mistake was easily the bigger of his 2 and I think bigger than missing a gimme FG. The Giants were completely sputtering in the 2nd half and were behind. Williams should've been no where near the ball and should've dove on it when it bounced off of him.

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words

AFC & NFC Championships Sunday - Page 2 Untitl25
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 am

there would of been no potential overtime if williams knee did not hit the ball.that play was pure stupidity.the unchallenged catch that was called incomplete was also a niner mistake.in hard hiting games like this you can toss out the stats.san fran had the momentum defensively and would of won the game.one first down if the knee did not hit the ball means 6 plays.thoses plays exhaust giants timeouts and a average punt puts eli a long way to go instead of great field position.
it was a loss that could of been avoided with ease.time on the clock to get to overtime changes with that knee play.anything like that that can cause a few minutes of playing time offensively hurts you.what if the niners got 2 first downs.
luck plays a role at times in a win.fortune was on the giants side.they should give new england all they can handle.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

whoa. Taking it a bit hard.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:The first Williams mistake was easily the bigger of his 2 and I think bigger than missing a gimme FG. The Giants were completely sputtering in the 2nd half and were behind. Williams should've been no where near the ball and should've dove on it when it bounced off of him.

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words

AFC & NFC Championships Sunday - Page 2 Untitl25

if looks could kill.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

whoa. Taking it a bit hard.

That dude is kinda scary, getting that upset over a fucking Football Game? I don't get it, the asshole's got issues.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 pm

captainanddew wrote:if looks could kill.

That look right there means:

AFC & NFC Championships Sunday - Page 2 12783710
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2