The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter

+11
Soonermark890
Tobe
gomez1012
dmar5143
nano212
captainanddew
GrantZilla
Frank
powerpuncher
LarryDickman
SlickMoney
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter Empty Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.

https://twitter.com/#!/FloydMayweather/status/156806791773163522

My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk.

https://twitter.com/#!/FloydMayweather/status/156807137908113408

Ohhhhhhhhhh.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter Empty Re: Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter

Post  LarryDickman Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Floyd is akin to the internet tough guy.Stay classy my friend.

LarryDickman

Back to top Go down

Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter Empty Re: Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 pm

lets hope since both are calling each other out the fight will actually happen.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:43 pm

LarryDickman wrote:Floyd is akin to the internet tough guy.Stay classy my friend.
Funny Shit

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Arum is the one not making this fight happen. Before Mayweather made the plea deal and was going to go to jail, Arum said May 5th was too soon. Manny's boo-boo needed time to heal.

Then Mayweather was suppose to go to jail which would push a possible fight to June, and Arum says Manny isn't going to wait.

Now Mayweather doesn't have to go to jail until June, and Arum is back on Manny needing time for his cut to heal, and his new exscuse is they need time to build a fucking stadium.

Arum needs to go away and let his son in law handle things.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Manny needs to tell Arum to make the damn fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Arum will try and push this fight for the fall no matter what! He will use the eye as an excuse or say May 5th is to soon for somebody to build an outdoor stadium on the strip to stage the fight in front of 40 or 50k fans! Manny needs to step up and demand Arum to make the fight. I thought Pac had a twitter account also no response today on his twitter?
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:13 pm

nano212 wrote:Arum will try and push this fight for the fall no matter what! He will use the eye as an excuse or say May 5th is to soon for somebody to build an outdoor stadium on the strip to stage the fight in front of 40 or 50k fans! Manny needs to step up and demand Arum to make the fight. I thought Pac had a twitter account also no response today on his twitter?

Pac will lose credibility if he does not tell Arum, "fuck off with these other possible opponents Bob, get me Floyd."

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
nano212 wrote:Arum will try and push this fight for the fall no matter what! He will use the eye as an excuse or say May 5th is to soon for somebody to build an outdoor stadium on the strip to stage the fight in front of 40 or 50k fans! Manny needs to step up and demand Arum to make the fight. I thought Pac had a twitter account also no response today on his twitter?

Pac will lose credibility if he does not tell Arum, "fuck off with these other possible opponents Bob, get me Floyd."

Fight fans have had enough of this garbage. Time for the fight to be made now(or don't ever make it). Fuck this November bullshit that Arum wants to pull. This fight does 2 million ppv buys easily. Make the damn fight. If the fight ends up being compelling, Floyd can go to jail and there can be a rematch in November.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 pm

captain one of the problems of this fight is the risk factor for arum and golden boy.if the fight does easy 2 million ppvs then its a huge loss.the money demands by the fighters make it for 3 million ppv may be break even with promoters making some money..floyd im sure wants 50 million guarentee pac taking less money would want 45..there is a way to make the fight if both guys take 30 mil each and if it hits 2 million ppv the promoters can make money.anything above that goes to the fighters only.55 percent floyd 45 manny.the finacial risk factor is great but they wont say it publicaly..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:50 pm

LarryDickman wrote:Floyd is akin to the internet tough guy.Stay classy my friend.

LOL

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:47 am

dmar5143 wrote:captain one of the problems of this fight is the risk factor for arum and golden boy.if the fight does easy 2 million ppvs then its a huge loss.the money demands by the fighters make it for 3 million ppv may be break even with promoters making some money..floyd im sure wants 50 million guarentee pac taking less money would want 45..there is a way to make the fight if both guys take 30 mil each and if it hits 2 million ppv the promoters can make money.anything above that goes to the fighters only.55 percent floyd 45 manny.the finacial risk factor is great but they wont say it publicaly..

This fight is guranteed to get 2 million buys easy. Not just PPV. The gate will be huge because tickets for the fight will be record high. Add on it will have record number of sponsors for a single fight.

Oh, yeah, Top Rank and GB sell the fight to foreign networks. That's a huge bulk of where Top Rank makes their money.

There is no way in hell TR and GB are not going to make fat cash on this fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:20 am

whats wrong with my proposal.it eliminates risk and gives fighters more money if it goes well over 2 million..ill break it down for you.55 mill floyd 45 mill pac.undercard and build statium 5 million.promoters make 5 million each and they should.hbo gets a small slicea million for the sake of disgussion.advertizement for the fight 10 million.thats 126 million laid out..
2 million ppvs at 70 dollars each.thats 140 milion.70 million goes to the cable outlets delivering the fight.theres a 56 million dollar shortfall.lets say a net gate after security and other expenses 16 million..40 million is as big shortfall to make up.yes the foreign market will bring in cash but bear in mind that fight overthere is shown at 5 am or 6 am far from prime time.far from prime time money it will bring in.40 million is a strech a big one for foreign markets to show the fight live and one time in a rerun..its been years but im familar with the foreign market..example movies which has a greater territorial advantanged over a fight.a well casted 80 or 85 million dollar movie that will be promoted well in the usa wqith strong pn a money can expect 40 million from the foreign market.thats for theatrical rights dvd rights television rights cable rights etc etc.the movie can be shown over and over for a seven year period for thoses rights.and in more territories..
my proposal gives promoters 5 million each makes the risk factor zero and the fighters more money.that more money for the fighters is a extra insentive to do the fight since all the money goes to them after a break even point.the break even point could be at 1.7-1.8 million or so.
it makes sense to promoters to eliminate a risky downside and to the fighters who feel they are awsome draws and if they believe that could potentialy make more money in the long run..

Last edited by dmar5143 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am

The longer they wait to make this fight the less interesting it is. Both guys are getting older and both are more likely to get beaten by someone if they drag this out another year. I've always said I'll believe this fight is happening when the bell rings and not before.

And yeah, clearly Arum doesn't want this fight made.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 am

Tobe wrote:The longer they wait to make this fight the less interesting it is. Both guys are getting older and both are more likely to get beaten by someone if they drag this out another year. I've always said I'll believe this fight is happening when the bell rings and not before.

And yeah, clearly Arum doesn't want this fight made.

Neither side wants it, its all fucking nonsense to win a PR battle. Make it or drop it and lets move the fuck on
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

This fight better happen on May 5th or boxing will become a laughing stock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Ali, boxing will never become a laughing stock, it'll just be ignored. I personally think everything we've heard pertaining to this fight in the year 2012 is bullshit. I don't think either guy wants the fight for one reason or another. Just keep in mind that both fighters can amass 50 million in two fights. They don't have to fight each other.

I think Pac may want it more than Floyd because of pride, but we're comparing apples and oranges here. I don't think Arum is the problem. Pac is getting way to much money to take orders from Bob. Also, Pac is a national figure in his country. No, I think that it's simply a case of economics. These guys see themselves as businessmen who are avoiding a risky venture which is unnecessary due to their present economic situations and their individual money making potential. However, at the moment, both guys seemed determined to save face in their own way.

If we had a couple of superstar fighters that could also challenge Floyd and Manny, then they would probably be forced to fight each other and a few of the other stars just to maintain their public status in the sport. Unfortunately, at the present time, boxing revolves around these two guys.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:36 pm

frank excellent post..yes both can do 2 fights and make sinfull money without each other..ive said that a dozen times on here.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:captain one of the problems of this fight is the risk factor for arum and golden boy.if the fight does easy 2 million ppvs then its a huge loss.the money demands by the fighters make it for 3 million ppv may be break even with promoters making some money..floyd im sure wants 50 million guarentee pac taking less money would want 45..there is a way to make the fight if both guys take 30 mil each and if it hits 2 million ppv the promoters can make money.anything above that goes to the fighters only.55 percent floyd 45 manny.the finacial risk factor is great but they wont say it publicaly..

2 million is me being conservative.

. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (5/07) 2.15 million buys = $120.0 million

This fight can do 2.4, 2.5 million.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 pm

captain yes 2 mill is conservative.read my post breaking down where the money goes and at 120 million the fights a loser for the promoters.a big losser.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:13 pm

captain heres a breakdown at 70 dollars a ppv instead of 60..
dmar5143 wrote:whats wrong with my proposal.it eliminates risk and gives fighters more money if it goes well over 2 million..ill break it down for you.55 mill floyd 45 mill pac.undercard and build statium 5 million.promoters make 5 million each and they should.hbo gets a small slicea million for the sake of disgussion.advertizement for the fight 10 million.thats 126 million laid out..
2 million ppvs at 70 dollars each.thats 140 milion.70 million goes to the cable outlets delivering the fight.theres a 56 million dollar shortfall.lets say a net gate after security and other expenses 16 million..40 million is as big shortfall to make up.yes the foreign market will bring in cash but bear in mind that fight overthere is shown at 5 am or 6 am far from prime time.far from prime time money it will bring in.40 million is a strech a big one for foreign markets to show the fight live and one time in a rerun..its been years but im familar with the foreign market..example movies which has a greater territorial advantanged over a fight.a well casted 80 or 85 million dollar movie that will be promoted well in the usa wqith strong pn a money can expect 40 million from the foreign market.thats for theatrical rights dvd rights television rights cable rights etc etc.the movie can be shown over and over for a seven year period for thoses rights.and in more territories..
my proposal gives promoters 5 million each makes the risk factor zero and the fighters more money.that more money for the fighters is a extra insentive to do the fight since all the money goes to them after a break even point.the break even point could be at 1.7-1.8 million or so.
it makes sense to promoters to eliminate a risky downside and to the fighters who feel they are awsome draws and if they believe that could potentialy make more money in the long run..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:56 am

MANILA, Philippines — Manny Pacquiao’s camp says there is no economic sense in setting up a bout with Floyd Mayweather on May 5 after the unbeaten American publicly challenged the Filipino champion via Twitter.

Pacquiao’s financial adviser Michael Koncz told The Associated Press on Thursday that a 45,000-seat boxing arena being built in Las Vegas won’t be finished before the end of May and staging the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight in a smaller venue is “foolish from an economic standpoint.”

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has told the Philippines’ GMA television the only reason the fight won’t happen is if there is an “economic problem.”

He said the fight “could happen very, very easily” at the end of May — enough time to build the outdoor arena “the fight so badly needs.”

“I will also guarantee Manny’s purse,” he said. “In other words, Manny doesn’t want to go into the ring and just fight out a percentage.”

He said Mayweather is looking for “outside parties to guarantee his end of the purse.”

http://tinyurl.com/73axf9o

This whole building a stadium is joke. Packing in huge crowds is now what Vegas is about. MGM grand is going to pay huge money for the fight because it will bring in all rich people and high rollers.

If Arum seriously wanted a venue in Nevada that could seat more, why doesn't he have it at Mackay Stadium which holds seats 31,000, and has 48 luxury suites

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:20 am

From Floyd's facebook page.

Floyd calls out Manny on his twitter 390526_158785904230725_100002979485966_229372_2059952227_n

I'm ready to put my belt up. What about you Manny Pacquiao? Let's make history

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 pm

GrantZilla wrote:MANILA, Philippines — Manny Pacquiao’s camp says there is no economic sense in setting up a bout with Floyd Mayweather on May 5 after the unbeaten American publicly challenged the Filipino champion via Twitter.

Pacquiao’s financial adviser Michael Koncz told The Associated Press on Thursday that a 45,000-seat boxing arena being built in Las Vegas won’t be finished before the end of May and staging the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight in a smaller venue is “foolish from an economic standpoint.”

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has told the Philippines’ GMA television the only reason the fight won’t happen is if there is an “economic problem.”

He said the fight “could happen very, very easily” at the end of May — enough time to build the outdoor arena “the fight so badly needs.”

“I will also guarantee Manny’s purse,” he said. “In other words, Manny doesn’t want to go into the ring and just fight out a percentage.”

He said Mayweather is looking for “outside parties to guarantee his end of the purse.”

http://tinyurl.com/73axf9o

This whole building a stadium is joke. Packing in huge crowds is now what Vegas is about. MGM grand is going to pay huge money for the fight because it will bring in all rich people and high rollers.

If Arum seriously wanted a venue in Nevada that could seat more, why doesn't he have it at Mackay Stadium which holds seats 31,000, and has 48 luxury suites

Do this shit in Dallas! Then I could go.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 pm

That stadium excuse is pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next