The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying for Monday Night Football

2 posters

Go down

Paying for Monday Night Football Empty Paying for Monday Night Football

Post  Frank Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am

Yes, I have cable. However, I think it's a disgrace that NFL fans have to pay to watch Monday Night Football.

It was Howard Cossell, Don Meredith and Frank Gifford (Frank was a horrible announcer) who made MNF was it is today. It was the fans tuning in every Monday Night that made MNF a major factor in the NFL. MNF went a long way towards making the NFL a household word. To have less qualified announcers (Which seems to be ESPN'S habit in every sport) and charge for it, is a disgrace. My opinion. Just had to get that out of my system.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Paying for Monday Night Football Empty Re: Paying for Monday Night Football

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Blame the NFL and their out of control greed. They are demanding a billion dollars a season from a network to telivise games.

ABC was losing money carrying MNF. At the time the switch was made from ABC to ESPN, ABC was losing $150 million per year on MNF.

ESPN can absorb the costs better because it can generate ad revenue throughout its properties like ESPN Radio, ESPN.com and ESPN the Magazine. Add on subscriber fees from cable and satellite companies.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down