The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio the Champ.

2 posters

Go down

Sergio the Champ. Empty Sergio the Champ.

Post  Frank Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:50 am

Well, so far Sergio seems to fall into the category of being one of those guys who loves being champ so much it makes him a more effective fighter. There are not enough legit champs out there to test this theory out, however something tells me Sergio will hold on to the belt as long as he wants to. The belt damn sure didn't make Mayweather better so it depends on the fighter of course. My take.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Sergio the Champ. Empty Re: Sergio the Champ.

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:58 am

Frank I don't want to take your post off topic, but it is making me furious that everything I read in the media describes Martinez as the WBC champ. It cheapens sergio's status as the world champ to label him a trinket holder. So now the casual fan and the ignorant media members will have Martinez on the same level as worthless trinket holders like Sturm etc...

The media also does this with Wlad, describe him as IBF champ - saying a fight with Ducker Haye would be a "unification" as if Haye has equal stature. Infuriates me to no end.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Canvas wrote:Frank I don't want to take your post off topic, but it is making me furious that everything I read in the media describes Martinez as the WBC champ. It cheapens sergio's status as the world champ to label him a trinket holder. So now the casual fan and the ignorant media members will have Martinez on the same level as worthless trinket holders like Sturm etc...

The media also does this with Wlad, describe him as IBF champ - saying a fight with Ducker Haye would be a "unification" as if Haye has equal stature. Infuriates me to no end.
....i feel the same way canvas..when i read in the papers about a norton or a tucker etc they say former HW champ..they should say chump..what gets to me more is the BS introductions like buffer saying former jr lightweight champ for lightweight champ and former jr welter champ when the guys a fraud..theres gotta bee 300 soo called champs fighting today...just call it like it is..sergio martinez the REAL legitimate middleweight champ..if i was a sportswriter thats what id say.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Canvas wrote:Frank I don't want to take your post off topic, but it is making me furious that everything I read in the media describes Martinez as the WBC champ. It cheapens sergio's status as the world champ to label him a trinket holder. So now the casual fan and the ignorant media members will have Martinez on the same level as worthless trinket holders like Sturm etc...

....i feel the same way canvas..when i read in the papers about a norton or a tucker etc they say former HW champ..they should say chump..what gets to me more is the BS introductions like buffer saying former jr lightweight champ for lightweight champ and former jr welter champ when the guys a fraud..theres gotta bee 300 soo called champs fighting today...just call it like it is..sergio martinez the REAL legitimate middleweight champ..if i was a sportswriter thats what id say.

Sergio is the man at MW. Recognizing guys like Sturm who won't dare come fight a top 5 guy at MW is a joke. I'd love to see all the trinket holders grow enough balls to face Martinez.

Martinez enjoys being THE MAN, as he should. He earned it the old fashioned way; he went out and fought his ass off for it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:19 pm

\

Agreed 100%! In today's world the right way to introduce Sergio is something like the following"

"And in THIS corner, from Spain via Argentina, the WBC, Ring Magazine and lineal and legitimate middleweight champion of the world!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:24 pm

In some boxing almanacs, "Ernie Terrell" is even seen as an ex HW champ. Nobody really gives a damn about our sport but us. Which is why we should do the writing on it.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down