The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me

4 posters

Go down

Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me Empty Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 pm

The WBO world middleweight champion, Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15KOs) of Russia, has been trying to get a fight with WBA king Felix Sturm (36-2-2, 15KOs) of Germany. Pirog claims to have been chasing Sturm since 2010, when the Russian boxer shocked everyone by knocking out heavy favorite Daniel Jacobs in five rounds. In the opinion of Pirog, Sturm is more interested in making money and doesn't care as much about furthering his craft as a boxer. The Russian champion was very disappointed with Sturm's twelve round draw with the inexperienced Martin Murray from last Friday.

"We tried to negotiate with the Sturm immediately after my championship bout against Daniel Jacobs, but attempts to contact him have failed. It seems to me that Felix just runs from me. At the same time, constructive dialogue is possible with other top fighters in our division. Therefore, we agreed to a fight with the IBF titleholder Daniel Geale. Incidentally, the last performance of Sturm left me very unimpressed. In my opinion, the German is not progressing. It is likely, he became too interested in making money, and boxing, apparently, [has become a secondary] business to Sturm," Pirog told FE.

http://tinyurl.com/7vo4xth
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me Empty Re: Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 pm

i feel bad for pirog. nobody wants to fight him, but at the same time, he needs to be more active.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me Empty Re: Pirog: We've Tried To Get Sturm, He Just Runs From Me

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 am

powerpuncher wrote:i feel bad for pirog. nobody wants to fight him, but at the same time, he needs to be more active.

didnt Gaele have a unification fight ready to go for him?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:23 am

Pirog Lee, both available and both can't land a fight. Get it done.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:11 am

gomez1012 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i feel bad for pirog. nobody wants to fight him, but at the same time, he needs to be more active.

didnt Gaele have a unification fight ready to go for him?
i never heard that. if thats true then i have no idea why pirog didnt take that fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Pirog Lee, both available and both can't land a fight. Get it done.

Be a good fight, but I think Piroq wants a trinket holder or a top ten opponent. But HBO should make a offer for that mach-up. Both would be dumb to turn down that kind of exposure and money.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down