The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!!

+2
SlickMoney
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!! Empty Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!!

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:47 am

My post from March 16th from our first thread about Donaire and his attempt to sign with Golden Boy:

"If he has a valid contract with Top Rank, his ass won't be doing any fighting. He'll be sitting waiting for everything to go through the legal process. Top Rank would undoubtedly try to get an injunction to prevent him from fighting.

If he has a contract with Top Rank, he can't just go sign with Golden Boy and then fight. "

Unfortunately I am right and all Donaire is doing is sitting on his ass, wasting his prime again!!!!!

Nonito should grow a pair and tell his wife to stop trying to ruin his career.

Article today from fightnews today about the situation:Arum: Nonito has to come back

By Nick Giongco
The planned May 28 show starring Nonito Donaire is dead, Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum said from Las Vegas. “That date is now officially dead,” Arum told Fightnews and Manila Bulletin. Arum had given Donaire until this week to make contact so they could set in motion plans to have him fight on that said date in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Last month, retired judge Daniel Weinstein arbitrated the tug-of-war involving Arum’s Top Rank Inc. and Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) and ruled that fast-rising Filipino-American puncher rightfully belongs to Arum. “Hopefully they’ll come to their senses and finish the contract with us. I will promote him for the rest of his contract really hard, really well. When his contract is over (with Top Rank), he is free to go anyplace he wants,” said Arum.
“We are professionals and I can assure him I will give my 100 percent in promoting him again.”
Donaire had signed with GBP on March 16 and immediately expressed his willingness to fight under the Oscar De La Hoya-owned outfit.
But Arum was quick to point out that Top Rank has a live and valid contract with Donaire, whose popularity rose so rapidly following his smashing second-round knockout of Mexican mauler Fernando Montiel last February.
“He has to come back. He has a lot of big fights coming under Top Rank,” said Arum, whose next move is to meet up with Cameron Dunkin, Donaire’s manager.
“The longer this thing plays out, the further away his next fight will be,” added Arum.
Top Rank has a bevy of marquee names that Donaire craves for, including Juan Manuel Lopez of Puerto Rico and Cuban hotshots Guillermo Rigondeaux and Yuriorkis Gamboa.
Efforts to get in touch with the Donaire camp–via telephone calls and emails–have failed.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!! Empty Re: Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Bob should just terminate his contract and allow the kid to go his own way, no point holding on to a fighter who doesn't want to work with you.

Back to top Go down

Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!! Empty Re: Donaire (or his wife if she truly runs his career) is a moron!!!!

Post  SlickMoney Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Why would Nonito want to work with Bob?

Arum already shitted on Nonito saying that he has no following and that everyone at the Montiel fight were all Montiel fans.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:38 pm

I never understand why promoters try and cling on to fighters who are anxious to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 pm

$$$$$
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:51 pm

GrantZilla wrote:$$$$$

Yeah but it's not like alot of money will be generated when the fighter is reluctant to fight for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Ali wrote:

Yeah but it's not like alot of money will be generated when the fighter is reluctant to fight for you.

fuck letting him go. Contract is a contract is a contract. I wouldn't let him go.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

fuck letting him go. Contract is a contract is a contract. I wouldn't let him go.

Exactly. Time for Donaire to get the Christian Bale treatment:

"Are you proffessional or not! Answer me! You want me to trash your lights!"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

Fuck the contract !!! Bob Arum done nothing but waste Donaire on Pinoy Power PPV's.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

Fuck the contract !!! Bob Arum done nothing but waste Donaire on Pinoy Power PPV's.

a contract is a contract is a contract. I can't say anything different as a lawyer. I don't think donaire has any grounds to prove that Arum breached, so he needs to shut the fuck up and deal with it. Sorry, that is how it works and should work.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:15 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

a contract is a contract is a contract. I can't say anything different as a lawyer. I don't think donaire has any grounds to prove that Arum breached, so he needs to shut the fuck up and deal with it. Sorry, that is how it works and should work.

when you sign long term deals with a promoter (such as Donaire did), then you have to prepared to fulfill the deal.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

Contracts can be terminated.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

Contracts can be terminated.

okay, please tell. Unless Arum breached it, he can't just walk and ignore it and fight for Golden Boy.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:17 pm

HBO didn't want to show Donaire. So Arum put him on his own PPVs. I don't see the problem with that. Especialy when Donaire's injurries have kept him from progressing.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:18 pm

and it isn't as if Donaire always looked impressive. One fight I saw he came out and fought as a southpaw for 5-6 rounds. For no fucking reason.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:and it isn't as if Donaire always looked impressive. One fight I saw he came out and fought as a southpaw for 5-6 rounds. For no fucking reason.

Donaire kept getting hurt, and then having to come back fighting easy opponents. Donaire doesn't come off as a proffessional at all.

Not even calling Arum now that his bullshit move to GB failed is evidence of that.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 am

Ali wrote:Bob should just terminate his contract and allow the kid to go his own way, no point holding on to a fighter who doesn't want to work with you.

and what knock on effect would that have??? Arum invests a lot of money building stars. Donaire signed a contract so that's his tough luck. he created this situation himself and he only has himself to blame. i don't see what Donaire's beef is. he's a bantamweight, he is no Manny Pacquiao. does Rachel think that because he's Filipino his career is automatically going to be as successful as Pacquiao's? Donaire is still a less than 30 fight pro and he is already mixing it up at the highest level headlining cards on HBO. seriously what more does he want?? if Arum let Donaire go as he wishes then it would be a defeatist's attitude, Arum didn't get where he did by letting fighter's terminate their contracts with him when they feel necessary. i think Donaire needs to deal with the matter personally. he will get the big fights at Top Rank and he will still get paid well. he is a fucking bantamweight!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:44 pm

So now Donaire is sitting on his ass. Like I said. He fought on February 19th. By the time everything goes through the legal process, he will have been out for quite a while.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:25 pm

The legal process is over. Donaire has to honor the remainder of his TR contract. But reports are, he's being a baby and not even talking to Arum
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:29 pm

the court ruling is secondary.for a man his word is his bond.attempting to break a contract(in general)is a sign of the man.no matter how good a boxer donaire is,or will be,he'll never reach the greatness he could of because of this flaw in his character.noone is perfect but if our word means nothing to ourselves,respect from others is diminished.just my opinion

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:19 pm

shakefree wrote:the court ruling is secondary.for a man his word is his bond.attempting to break a contract(in general)is a sign of the man.no matter how good a boxer donaire is,or will be,he'll never reach the greatness he could of because of this flaw in his character.noone is perfect but if our word means nothing to ourselves,respect from others is diminished.just my opinion
I'm not sure about Donaire specifically but I don't consider guys who get handled by lawyers and finally smarten up to be flawed.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down