The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF why is there a trainers poll on Mayweather vs. Guerrero ?

+4
Diego408
GrantZilla
UBeeg9cats
dmar5143
8 posters

Go down

WTF why is there a trainers poll on Mayweather vs. Guerrero ? Empty Re: WTF why is there a trainers poll on Mayweather vs. Guerrero ?

Post  dmar5143 Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:10 pm

maybe.any 147 140 135 pounder would fight floyd all except pac...id much rather hear the name kahn or berto not the ghost..interesting that fat dan or others havent called freddie since roach said that wensday im meeting with pac before he gets on the plane and tell him it should be floyd asking what did manny say....
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

WTF why is there a trainers poll on Mayweather vs. Guerrero ? Empty Re: WTF why is there a trainers poll on Mayweather vs. Guerrero ?

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:17 pm

I am a big fan of Guerrero but I'm also a believer in proving yourself around the weightclass these big dogs are at. I honestly would like to see him at 135 first but 140 would also be alright. I think he has the skills to compete but I'm not a fan of hypothetical victories.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm pretty sure the "little guy" was Pac, but since Chump Arum doesn't want it to happen, they are floating out other opponents. This seems like just testing the water to see what the reaction to it would be.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Guerrero is the most unworthy fighter right now in boxing. He doesn't even belong in the same sentence with Mayweather. This guy needs to key win at lightweight and at jr welterweight before we consider him in any super fight. Mayweather vs Guerrero is a complete joke. This guy has just been waiting on the sidelines not challenging himself for a big fight, that's just wrong.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Q: I have seen you call out a lot of fighters in the past. But not many fighters have gone to the lengths you have to call out Floyd Mayweather. Everyone wants to fight him. But you are doing it differently. There are press releases talking about the potential fight, predictions from boxing experts, and you have gone on talk shows to call him out. What makes this fight any different from the other challenges you have made?

Guerrero: You know Floyd is the ultimate challenge. He is the best fighter in boxing right now hands down. And I am like those throwback fighters man, I want to fight the best. Every time I call out the best like Marquez, Pacquiao, or Khan, none of them want to fight. We are approaching this challenge like ‘hey, let’s make it happen. I know he set that date. Cinco-de-Mayo. I am Mexican-American right here. Let’s do it.

RM: Floyd also talked about fighting in February. Would you be ready for a fight with Floyd if it took place in February?

Guerrero: Yeah, that is the around the time frame I would be ready to go. But May 5th, it is even more icing on the cake. More time to get ready. More time to train and prepare for a fight.
RM: Have you spoken with your promoter

RM: I think you have a lot of options outside of a Mayweather fight around 140 and 147 pounds. If the Mayweather bout does not materialize, would you accept a fight with Marquez, Pacquiao, Bradley, or Khan? Or is Floyd the only fight you want?

Guerrero: Mayweather is the guy I want. Like I said, I want to fight the best. Khan called me out before. I signed the contract to fight him. Then he disappeared. I am tired of talking about him. Bradley is with Top Rank. I’d love to fight him. You’re right. There are a number of fights out there. I have been the number one contender to fight Marquez for the last three years. But that fight didn’t happen. There’s a reason why I haven’t got that fight with Bradley, Marquez, Pacquiao, Khan, or Mayweather. None of them want to fight. That is the problem I’m having. I am a 5’9 lefty with quick hands and feet that could fight on the inside and outside. You know, I know they call me The Ghost but nobody has to be spooked.

http://tinyurl.com/cqhp8go
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 pm

I'd take Mayweather vs Pac/Martinez/Khan. Guerrero hasnt done shit but quit mid fight or pull of out fights.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:49 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I'd take Mayweather vs Pac/Martinez/Khan. Guerrero hasnt done shit but quit mid fight or pull of out fights.

But he says he's a four time world champion and he's the most deserving

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:15 pm

guerrero has literally done nothing to deserves a floyd fight. plus he is a lightweight. and guerrero saying that hes a throwback fighter because hes calling out the best isnt true. every fighter now wants to fight the best so that they can make millions. it has nothing to do with wanting to fight the best.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:25 pm

powerpuncher wrote:guerrero has literally done nothing to deserves a floyd fight. plus he is a lightweight. and guerrero saying that hes a throwback fighter because hes calling out the best isnt true. every fighter now wants to fight the best so that they can make millions. it has nothing to do with wanting to fight the best.

I'm just waiting for a Klitschko to call out Pac or Mayweather.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:24 pm

because GBP wants the fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:30 pm

gomez1012 wrote:because GBP wants the fight

Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:31 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:guerrero has literally done nothing to deserves a floyd fight. plus he is a lightweight. and guerrero saying that hes a throwback fighter because hes calling out the best isnt true. every fighter now wants to fight the best so that they can make millions. it has nothing to do with wanting to fight the best.

pac would make it a catch weight of 176 pounds.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 am

powerpuncher wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

pac would make it a catch weight of 176 pounds.

He needs to get back on the McDo, that's why he struggled against Marquez
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down