The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Mayweather Guerrero it is...

+6
captainanddew
dbudge
powerpuncher
hillsicc303
dmar5143
BoxingGenius
10 posters

Go down

So Mayweather Guerrero it is... Empty So Mayweather Guerrero it is...

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:02 pm

according to boxrec and boxingscene a deal is just about finalized for mayweather guerrero on May 4th. Canelo is going to be a co-main event at a different venue vs TBD. Anyone have issues with this? Guerrero is a tough rugged fighter and probably best available aside from canelo. if they throw anyone with a pulse in with canelo this could be a great card for cinco de mayo IMO. im assuming this is to set up the inevitable flody canelo showdown on sept 14. thoughts?

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

So Mayweather Guerrero it is... Empty Re: So Mayweather Guerrero it is...

Post  dmar5143 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm

the card and a possible future alvarez-floyd fight is there plans.ive said that a few times before.the RG fight i have no problems with at all.it still could remain a possibilty of a cotto-alvarez fight on the ppv co feature and a main event in la .
there probably analizing the numbrs in detail but i believe thats there first choice for the event.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Meh....

Floyd vs Guerrerro and a Canelo vs Trout co-main event would be a decent card though.

I definitely don't want to see Canelo fight the guy Trout just beat. That just plays more into the BS going on with him...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:14 am

hillsicc303 wrote:Meh....

Floyd vs Guerrerro and a Canelo vs Trout co-main event would be a decent card though.

I definitely don't want to see Canelo fight the guy Trout just beat. That just plays more into the BS going on with him...
i agree. lets hope that if they are actually setting canelo up to fight mayweather they actually put him in with a decent opponent. trout would be a solid opponent for canelo. a quick fighter that could actually prepare him for mayweather. if he cant beat trout, then he has no business fighting mayweather anyway.

i dont mind mayweather fighting guerrero now. i always hated the fight but guerrero proved that he is a legit welter so whatever. i dont know who else he could fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 am

trout yes should be in the mix and a hard fight for alvarez if trout is the same trout that fought cotto.unfortunetly that fight has a 5 percent chance of happening.if cotto and the numbers dont work dont be shocked if angulo is the choice.why.hes mexican looked awfull his last fight and is target practice.he can punch yes but the odds favor alvarez doing the pitching angulo doing the catching.
a fight that can draw a big crowd in la yet be of little risk to ruin a floyd -alvarez fight.trout presents neither.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:20 am

dmar5143 wrote:trout yes should be in the mix and a hard fight for alvarez if trout is the same trout that fought cotto.unfortunetly that fight has a 5 percent chance of happening.if cotto and the numbers dont work dont be shocked if angulo is the choice.why.hes mexican looked awfull his last fight and is target practice.he can punch yes but the odds favor alvarez doing the pitching angulo doing the catching.
a fight that can draw a big crowd in la yet be of little risk to ruin a floyd -alvarez fight.trout presents neither.
which is the problem. they dont want to ruin that fight so they will give canelo an easy fight. the main problem is that he has only had easy fights his entire career. he hasnt faced anyone anywhere near the level of mayweather. even if mayweather starts fading pretty badly, i still think he beats canelo. why do i think that? because i totally faded mosley did pretty well against canelo. i mosley that got a draw with sergio mora. actually, that mosley was a few years younger than the mosley that fought canelo.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Disappointing if true

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 pm

dbudge wrote:Disappointing if true

not more disappointing than a rumor on twitter: Angulo vs Canelo. If that ends up being true, we can definitively say that all the talk out of Canelo's camp is bullshit. Canelo always says he wants to fight the best, then when someone presents a possible challenge (Trout), Canelo's team wants a punching bag (Angulo).

As for Floyd vs RG. Don't hate it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Canelos weak ass opponents aren't helping his career. If he really wants to fight guys like Floyd and Martinez he needs to start fighting top fighters in his division like trout and Lara. Guys like Cintron, Hatton, Gomez, and other underweight fighters are just making him soft. He isn't even close to be ready to fight Floyd.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:according to boxrec and boxingscene a deal is just about finalized for mayweather guerrero on May 4th. Canelo is going to be a co-main event at a different venue vs TBD. Anyone have issues with this? Guerrero is a tough rugged fighter and probably best available aside from canelo. if they throw anyone with a pulse in with canelo this could be a great card for cinco de mayo IMO. im assuming this is to set up the inevitable flody canelo showdown on sept 14. thoughts?

Its right in line with Floyds hand-picking opponents style. No real threat? do it. hint of doubt or threat? wait a couple years................

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 am

boxinglawyer wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:according to boxrec and boxingscene a deal is just about finalized for mayweather guerrero on May 4th. Canelo is going to be a co-main event at a different venue vs TBD. Anyone have issues with this? Guerrero is a tough rugged fighter and probably best available aside from canelo. if they throw anyone with a pulse in with canelo this could be a great card for cinco de mayo IMO. im assuming this is to set up the inevitable flody canelo showdown on sept 14. thoughts?

Its right in line with Floyds hand-picking opponents style. No real threat? do it. hint of doubt or threat? wait a couple years................
dont get me wrong, i believe that you are very intelligent about the sport of boxing, even moreso than i am because of your years, but you have some very strong biases which make it hard to take anything you say seriously.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Floyd wins easy. No danger. He will pick him apart.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Don't have a huge problem with it. I will say that Floyd in the past has always stated that he won't fight a fighter that brings no money to the table. Or at least that was his reason for not fighting certain fighters. Guerrero brings no money. No casual fan has even heard of him. He's never even been on a Floyd undercard. Sergio Martinez coming off a PPV that did a shade less than 600k would've been a more viable opponent money wise. Guerrero would've been number 2 tho. Not sure who else was out there.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:

dont get me wrong, i believe that you are very intelligent about the sport of boxing, even moreso than i am because of your years, but you have some very strong biases which make it hard to take anything you say seriously.

+1

Hagler is GOAT. Fuck Roy Jones. And Floyd Mayweather is a drug kingpin on the side is all I get out of boxinglawyer's posts.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:41 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:

From the guy who says Pac is a fraud? ok..............

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:51 am

boxinglawyer wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:

i never said that. i just said that he isnt the unstoppable being that you make him out to be.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:

i never said that. i just said that he isnt the unstoppable being that you make him out to be.
not true superman wears PAC underwear
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down