The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony vs. Cotto the face off

+6
Gumby
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
dmar5143
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tony vs. Cotto the face off Empty Tony vs. Cotto the face off

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 am

Back to top Go down

Tony vs. Cotto the face off Empty Re: Tony vs. Cotto the face off

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 am

Tony's willing to die in the ring, Miguel thinks that's stupid. That's the difference here, Margarito will not stop throwing punches until Cotto wilts. Miguel will give up at the first sign of danger.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Tony's willing to die in the ring, Miguel thinks that's stupid. That's the difference here, Margarito will not stop throwing punches until Cotto wilts. Miguel will give up at the first sign of danger.

He fought with a huge hatchet wound against Clottey when he could have stopped it. Fought through a beatdown with Pac. Had his nose broken against Margarito in the second round and fought on. Has been hurt or buzzed on numerous occasions etc. He just will not stupidly fight on which is what Margarito did against Pacquiao. Garcia should have thrown in the towel in that fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:05 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Tony's willing to die in the ring, Miguel thinks that's stupid. That's the difference here, Margarito will not stop throwing punches until Cotto wilts. Miguel will give up at the first sign of danger.

He fought with a huge hatchet wound against Clottey when he could have stopped it. Fought through a beatdown with Pac. Had his nose broken against Margarito in the second round and fought on. Has been hurt or buzzed on numerous occasions etc. He just will not stupidly fight on which is what Margarito did against Pacquiao. Garcia should have thrown in the towel in that fight.

Ok so I exaggerated, but when I hear Miguel say he's got his family to think about it makes me wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 pm

If thats the case he would've gave up vs Clottey when he had the big gash.

It was dumb as shit for Margo and his corner to continue fighting vs Pacquiao. That was Miguel's point.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:08 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Thief.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

If thats the case he would've gave up vs Clottey when he had the big gash.

It was dumb as shit for Margo and his corner to continue fighting vs Pacquiao. That was Miguel's point.

Health wise it's foolish, but I can't help but respect a man who's willing to leave it all in the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 pm

margo may be further gone then cotto but this guy truly has heart and guts.i remember him saying as he walked to his corner after the third round in the pac fight that he cant hurt me he has no power.he will fight untill his last breath.i cant say that with conviction about cotto.
margo may not win but we will find out.one thing i know even if he gets stoped or koed he wont be taking a knee.
like several on here i was against this fight but the fans will show up.it will sell out the garden and in todays boxing world thats a feat..it will do respectable ppv numbers i think.
it will be a hell of a fight between two fading warriors.im looking foward to the fight dispite my objections in the past..ill also be in a big minority for im rooting for margo.the fans will get there monies worth.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Thief.

against Clottey he could have let them stop it and gotten a win. That says alot. People give Cotto alot of shit. He isn't a great fighter. He is good. He has a so so chin. But he has fought better competition than 98% of active boxers today and acquitted himself well.

If some of the guys with more talent than him had the same willingness to take on tough competition, then the sport would be better off.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:19 pm

cotto wont surrender at the first sign of danger.he didnt in the past.unlike margo hes not willing to take a beating beyound human capabilties.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 pm

dmar5143 wrote:cotto wont surrender at the first sign of danger.he didnt in the past.unlike margo hes not willing to take a beating beyound human capabilties.

true, and Cotto doesn't have the ability to absorb punishment like Margarito. He just can't. When he took the knee against Margarito he was done. He had fought until he was fucking demolished. He isn't gifted with a chin like Cheato or Clottey, etc.....

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Margarito is the type of guy destined for Parkinsons or worse. Cotto is aiming for being an old man with just a couple extra aches. Makes me favor Margarito in the fight but no less respect for Cotto. Boxing is just a sport.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Margarito is the type of guy destined for Parkinsons or worse. Cotto is aiming for being an old man with just a couple extra aches. Makes me favor Margarito in the fight but no less respect for Cotto. Boxing is just a sport.
+1 Except for the whole favoring Margo thing. I think he's a shell of what he never was.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:13 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Margarito is the type of guy destined for Parkinsons or worse. Cotto is aiming for being an old man with just a couple extra aches. Makes me favor Margarito in the fight but no less respect for Cotto. Boxing is just a sport.

+1

Cotto makes $ outside of the ring, has sponsors, own promotional company, etc

Margarito lives for the ring, he'll put it all on the line Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:23 pm

finally watching this. Wow, this is good.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:27 pm

whoa, great question by Max to Cheato.

"You have told me you didn't feel anything different in your hand wraps before the Mosley fight. If that is true how would you know you didn't have illegal wraps against Miguel?"
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:28 pm

cotto's english has come a long way over the years.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:33 pm

that is what a face off should be.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Cotto used a lot of good points and Margarito just denied everything. Ive never seen these two so vocal before. It should be a good fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Diego408 wrote:Cotto used a lot of good points and Margarito just denied everything. Ive never seen these two so vocal before. It should be a good fight.

And Cotto didn't refer to himself in the 3rd person which was suprising.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Cotto used a lot of good points and Margarito just denied everything. Ive never seen these two so vocal before. It should be a good fight.

And Cotto didn't refer to himself in the 3rd person which was suprising.
lol that was getting very annoying.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:08 am

Cotto has a cool demenor, as if he was much more confident in his position than Margarito, who seemed to almost panic at Cotto's accusations. Cotto missed some really good verbal jabs though. He needs a screenwriter in his corner. Example: MARGARITO: "I''m willing to die in the ring". : COTTO: "This time, you will get your wish." /

Fuck all the talk about the kids and the wife. If you're Cotto, you're there to get inside his head.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:14 am

frank lol great line.this time you will get your wish..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:25 am

Frank wrote:Cotto has a cool demenor, as if he was much more confident in his position than Margarito, who seemed to almost panic at Cotto's accusations. Cotto missed some really good verbal jabs though. He needs a screenwriter in his corner. Example: MARGARITO: "I''m willing to die in the ring". : COTTO: "This time, you will get your wish." /

Fuck all the talk about the kids and the wife. If you're Cotto, you're there to get inside his head.

this was the most interesting Cotto has ever been outside the ring. Most of the time you hear he is in great shape, he is prepared, he had a great camp, and then 3-4 3rd person references ("Miguel Cotto xxxx, Miguel Cotto yyyy").

This was great. He came prepared. He didn't resort to the 3rd person. He seemd to have Margacheato on his heels.

It worries me for the fight that Cotto switched trainers. Steward says it has alot to do with Cotto's monetary demands (Cotto doesn't really want to pay the fee that Steward requires).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:54 pm

How did that "willing to die in the ring" mentality help Plasterito vs Mosley and Pac? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next