The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring on Tim Tebag Denver

+6
Diego408
Gumby
dmar5143
Soonermark890
Tobe
GrantZilla
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bring on Tim Tebag Denver - Page 2 Empty Re: Bring on Tim Tebag Denver

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 pm

6 picks is not "well"
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:6 picks is not "well"

Tell me a QB who had no pre-season, no pre-season games, played no games until being traded to a new team, new system and new receivers that played well.

It was his first official start for the team. He did pretty well I'd say. Let's see how he looks with a few more starts under him before deicde it was a bad move.

And he didn't lose the game. The idiot defense unable to stop the run is what lost the game.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Tell me a QB who had no pre-season, no pre-season games, played no games until being traded to a new team, new system and new receivers that played well.

It was his first official start for the team. He did pretty well I'd say. Let's see how he looks with a few more starts under him before deicde it was a bad move.

And he didn't lose the game. The idiot defense unable to stop the run is what lost the game.

OK THIS SUCKS BALLS. I made a bet with my cousin over a year ago for $120 that the raiders would win 10 games this year and one fucking injury is going to cost me that much money. Im so fucking pissed.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 am

I'd say he did pretty good tonight against the Dolts
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Exactly, only 1 pick that I cant knock him for since he was hit and would of been a TD otherwise.

They ran the ball real well, made it easier for Carson. Michael Bush 30 carries 157 yards, 1 TD, 3 catches for 85 yards

And where the hell was that defensive front vs Tebow?????
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:37 pm

He's only going to get better the more he get's comfortable with the receivers and offense
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:56 am

Tebow gets another W. QB Rating of 149.3 today. But keep hating on him peeps!

Oh yea.....Denver in 1st place in the AFC west.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:10 am

SlickMoney wrote:Tebow gets another W. QB Rating of 149.3 today. But keep hating on him peeps!

Beating the 30th rank Vikings is suppose to mean something?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:16 am

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Tebow gets another W. QB Rating of 149.3 today. But keep hating on him peeps!

Better than losing to the Dolphins, no?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:23 am

SlickMoney wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Dolphins are a better team than the Vikings. And a lot better since Denver played them. Propping up a win over the Vikings be like you bragging that the Jets beat The Foreskins.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:40 am

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Dolphins are a better team than the Vikings. And a lot better since Denver played them. Propping up a win over the Vikings be like you bragging that the Jets beat The Foreskins.

The Raiders GOT BLOWN OUT by the Dolphins.

Tim Tebow has the Broncos in 1st place.

I havent brought the Jets up in weeks.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:13 am

SlickMoney wrote:

Ok, Skip Bayless. Tebow's the reason Denver is tied at # 1, not the defense. What's a defense. Guys like Miller, who was benched earlier in the season for not knowing his assignments and blowing plays stepping it up and making crucial stops.

It's this kind of reactionary thinking that guys like Vick get signed to long term 100 million contract based off of 4 good games last year. How's Vick been this year? I bet Eagles are sure glad they made that deal.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:28 am

The holy rollers are going to be coming out in droves now to support St. Timothy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:54 am

I think I'm the only one who made the right call on Tebow so let me elaborate on my point. Tim Tebow is Forrest Gump.

He's a remedial QB. It's not his mechanics (which are bad) because plenty of QBs have succeeded in spite of that. It's his mental processing and decision making. He's at his best when plays break down because he's a reactionary QB and a great athlete. He's talented but not traditionally so. That might hurt him in the long term because you can't just develop that through hard work, but if anyone can make it work it's Tebow.

As far as Tebow being a competitor and a teammate, I doubt there's anyone in the NFL above him. All reports are that he outworks everyone. He only talks about winning and God. You can say that's BS and he's Brett Farve hiding behind a Halo, but everything he's done has supported his statements. He seems like the real deal when it comes to his willingness to sacrifice anything to win and his faith.

As far as being a leader, it doesn't get any better than Tebow. There's a reason teams always rally around him. It's not because he's accurate or talented, it's because he's dedicated to winning and maximizes his potential. The best leader does not have to be the best player. I can't comment on how athletes are at the NFL level, but I know for myself, whenever I see a guy giving it his all day after day, it makes me want to do the same. Hard work and optimism is infectious. Who works harder than Tebow? Who is more optimistic? That's why guys step up around him. They work to do their best, but also to hide Tebow's flaws.

The part that makes him Forrest Gump is those 3 factors (non-traditional talent, competitiveness and leadership) and luck. Tim Tebow gets a lot of breaks based on the fact that he's white and he's Christian. Mike Vick didn't get a significantly modified playbook coming into the league. Neither did Vince Young. Brad Smith was made into a WR. There was a guy from Texas A&M coming out in 05(?) who went to the Bengals whose name I can't even remember. Those things aren't Tebow's fault, but he's the beneficiary of people accommodating him throughout his career. I believe it's because of his character and popularity that people have done so. There are a lot of reasons we could look at to explain why Tebow might be so lucky, but the bottom line is that he gets the breaks.

The last thing I want to say about Tebow is that he seems to be the best type of leader, a guy who doesn't want the spotlight but is thrust into it due to the circumstances. All he does is talk about the team and all everyone else does is talk about Tebow. Tim Tebow is not a great individual player. He will likely never become a great individual player. But he has the opportunity to be a part of some great teams (although it's unlikely) because he's a catalyst for great teams. That's what the Broncos and the Pats probably saw in him (the 2 teams that coveted him).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:39 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

Ok, Skip Bayless. Tebow's the reason Denver is tied at # 1, not the defense. What's a defense. Guys like Miller, who was benched earlier in the season for not knowing his assignments and blowing plays stepping it up and making crucial stops.

It's this kind of reactionary thinking that guys like Vick get signed to long term 100 million contract based off of 4 good games last year. How's Vick been this year? I bet Eagles are sure glad they made that deal.

What was the Broncos record before and after Tebow started taking snaps? End of thread. Real Talk. Period. Feel me? ,,,ya hurd?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:51 pm

SlickMoney wrote:What was the Broncos record before and after Tebow started taking snaps? End of thread. Real Talk. Period. Feel me? ,,,ya hurd?

So Tebow plays defense too? Good to know
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 am

Shoutout to Tim Tebow who keeps on winning. Hate on it.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:31 am

SlickMoney wrote:Shoutout to Tim Tebow who keeps on winning. Hate on it.

Ok there Skip Bayless. The defense again has nothing to do with it. Or the fact they beat a Cutler-less Chicago team in OT, and only put up 13 points, six of them field goals.

So you'd have no complaints if the Jets made Tebow their starting QB.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Winning is winning. You, along with every other Tebow hater, thought Tebow would flame out in 3 games and be on the bench right now. He's having major success and all you do is look for reasons to discredit him. Is he the sole reason the Broncos are winning? No. But he's a major part of it.

SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:03 pm

What an odd situation this whole Tebow thing is. Everything people said about him is right: he can't throw; his mechanics are terrible; he IS a Fullback playing QB - but he's still winning! Shocked

How much credit he deserves for the wins is a point of debate, but I look at this way: every other QB still gets credit for a win regardless of if his defence or special teams actually did more the win the game than he did.

Much as I don't like the preachiness of the guy, you've gotta give him credit for being a winner. He sure proved by Over/Under of 3 games wrong.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:56 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Winning is winning. You, along with every other Tebow hater, thought Tebow would flame out in 3 games and be on the bench right now. He's having major success and all you do is look for reasons to discredit him. Is he the sole reason the Broncos are winning? No. But he's a major part of it.

If it wasn't for the defense, he would be sitting on the bench. And you didn't answer my question. Do you want Tebow as your QB for the Jets?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Diego408 wrote:Tebow will win games.
I said this after the SD loss, now hes won 7 of the last 8 games.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:07 am

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Winning is winning. You, along with every other Tebow hater, thought Tebow would flame out in 3 games and be on the bench right now. He's having major success and all you do is look for reasons to discredit him. Is he the sole reason the Broncos are winning? No. But he's a major part of it.

If it wasn't for the defense, he would be sitting on the bench. And you didn't answer my question. Do you want Tebow as your QB for the Jets?

Sure. Who wouldnt want a QB that has won 6 of 7 in his first year of starting?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:47 am

SlickMoney wrote:Sure. Who wouldnt want a QB that has won 6 of 7 in his first year of starting?

Yeah, because he'd sure do well without a good defense behind him that keeps a game close when he sucks for three quarters of a game

All Tebow. Has nothing to do with a defense in the last six games have given up 17.0 points per game. And in four of those games, they’ve held their opponent to 13 points or less.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Sure. Who wouldnt want a QB that has won 6 of 7 in his first year of starting?

Yeah, because he'd sure do well without a good defense behind him that keeps a game close when he sucks for three quarters of a game

All Tebow. Has nothing to do with a defense in the last six games have given up 17.0 points per game. And in four of those games, they’ve held their opponent to 13 points or less.

I already said he doesnt deserve all the credit.

Peep the stats

QB rating-83.9
TD's 11
INT's 2

If he was 6 TD's with 13 INT's then i'd say he has nothing to do with success. But he has clearly made plays to help his team win. You along with the rest of the haters are waiting for him to fail so u can say "I told u so".
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next