The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory.

3 posters

Go down

Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory. Empty Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory.

Post  Frank Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:04 am

For the most part, I notice that fighters who talk a lot are trying to talk themselves into something. I'm listening to Ortiz and his trainer and I don't buy this supremely confident attitude. Hope I'm incorrect, but I think these guys are thinking, "If we say it's so enough times, it will be so."

Ortiz is a good fighter and does mostly everything right, however it's very difficult to upset a ring general/ counter puncher. It's not like outfoxing Mike Tyson. Beating a Benitez, a Whitiker, is much more difficult because of their ability to; (a) Take off of a few rounds to size their opponent up if things are going haywire. (b) Their Dr. Spock/Ring General approach to the ring. It's hard to intimidate them with anything because of their cool, chess game like approach to what they're doing. They seem to be in another zone where they could easily think themselves out of difficulty.

You guys know all this anyway, but I'm wrecking my brain trying to give Ortiz a chance in this, and it's very hard to do.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory. Empty Re: Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory.

Post  captainanddew Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:21 am

he's trying to talk me into buying this shitty PPV. Like normal I am getting closer and closer to caving in as the time gets shorter and shorter.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory. Empty Re: Ortiz trying to talk himself into a victory.

Post  Frank Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:17 am

captainanddew wrote:he's trying to talk me into buying this shitty PPV. Like normal I am getting closer and closer to caving in as the time gets shorter and shorter.
Don't worry, Cap. I think you've just described the whole board, including me. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:00 pm

"I won't be surprised if we knock him down in the first round -- or knock him out in the first round," he told reporters at the MGM Grand on Thursday, ahead of his fighter's Saturday clash with Floyd Mayweather Jr. "Victor has power. He can do it any time, any second. But I think that this fight is going to go from 4-5 rounds."

Garcia professes to be unimpressed with Mayweather's assertion that he will stand toe to toe with the younger, bigger, presumably stronger Ortiz.

"I think Floyd's going to run," he said. "He says he isn't going to run. He says he's going to stay in front of Victor. How is he going to stay in front of Victor without getting hurt? He's going to get hit. He's going to get nailed. He's going to feel Victor's punches, he's going to have to run. He did [stand in front of Shane] Mosley, but look at Mosley. He was done, he was tired. He didn't do anything."

--Danny Garcia

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:30 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down