The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in

+4
GrantZilla
Gumby
gomez1012
boxinglawyer
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in Empty Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in

Post  boxinglawyer Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 pm

The initial PPV numbers are in and Pac vs Margarito sold 1.5 million. For a comparison, Floyd vs Mosley sold 1.4 million (final numbers). The Pac vs Margarito numbers will still go up slightly. To me, this clearly shows Pacs drawing power is greater than Floyds. Matter of opinion of course.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in Empty Re: Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:53 pm

The man is a star

Floyd probably looking to start a fight with some random citizen right now
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in Empty Re: Pac vs Margo PPV preliminary numbers in

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Well I sure got my $55 worth.

At 1.5 million with half going to the distributors that's $40ish millions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:11 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: The initial PPV numbers are in and Pac vs Margarito sold 1.5 million. For a comparison, Floyd vs Mosley sold 1.4 million (final numbers). The Pac vs Margarito numbers will still go up slightly. To me, this clearly shows Pacs drawing power is greater than Floyds. Matter of opinion of course.

I think they've been at the same drawing power for a while now. The fight should have been 50-50 from the get go. It still should be.

Those are solid numbers though. How much was Pac-Clottey?

Do you think the added numbers in the Margo fight is because Pac's star is still growing (I know he was on 60 Minutes after MNF which is a big deal exposure-wise) or that Margo has more fans than Clottey?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:22 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: The initial PPV numbers are in and Pac vs Margarito sold 1.5 million. For a comparison, Floyd vs Mosley sold 1.4 million (final numbers). The Pac vs Margarito numbers will still go up slightly. To me, this clearly shows Pacs drawing power is greater than Floyds. Matter of opinion of course.

Wow, nice 1.5 million buys X $50 = $75 million, not too shabby for a fight that when first announced was thought of as a bit of a farce. This fight however had a lot of ingredients for success, apparently Bob Arum knew WTF he was doing, ya gotta hand it to Arum, he brought us an entertaining/great fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:07 pm

Gumby wrote:Do you think the added numbers in the Margo fight is because Pac's star is still growing (I know he was on 60 Minutes after MNF which is a big deal exposure-wise) or that Margo has more fans than Clottey?

Marg definitly had more fans than Clottey, but that's not saying much. Clottey is a total nobody.

And not just that Marg had more fans, he was just more well know, whether people liked him or not. He was on verg of star status before the Mosley fight, then whole loaded gloves, the re-licencing thing, made him pretty well known. Shit, wasn't he top of one Letterman's Top Ten Lists?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 pm

CASH COW CASH COW

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I could care less about the PPV numbers. Wait- I would like to see Pac vs Floyd and I don't want Floyd to be able to take the stance in negotiating that he is the bigger draw.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 am

Pretty impressive considering alot of fans were against the fight, just shows you how strong Manny's cross over appeal is becoming.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 am

Manny vs Flod does at least 2 mill minimum.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Ali wrote:Manny vs Flod does at least 2 mill minimum.

If it ever happens.....
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 pm

ALI YOUR RIGHT.1.5 MILLION IS AWSOME CONSIDERING THE ECONOMY AND THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE FIGHT FROM THE FANS...ARUM DID A GREAT JOB LIKE RING SAID..ALI A FLOYD -MANNY I THINK WILL GO OVER 3 MILLION.AT LEAST 2.5 FOR SURE....IF THE BRADLEY-ALEXANDER IS A AWSOME FIGHT LOOK FOR THAT NEXT..PAC VS THE WINNER.1.5 OR MORE..WHO NEEDS FLOYD..NOT MANNY FOR SURE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:06 pm

If accurate, 1.5 is a staggering number. Just huge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:29 pm

@danrafaelespn HBO announcing Pacquiao-Margarito PPV total. This is an INITIAL # that will rise once all are tallied: 1.150 million buys and $64 million

BL, it looks like your source jumped the gun a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Still impressive for a 5'6 Filipino.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 pm

I predicted 1.24 mil after reading the preliminary reports that the fight did at least 1.25 mil. Those early reports are always exaggerated. Anything over a million is successful. This was a fight between 2 foreign fighters with one being disgraced and many people claiming they would boycott the fight. Truly remarkable.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:51 pm

more like 2.5 million
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Canvas wrote:@danrafaelespn HBO announcing Pacquiao-Margarito PPV total. This is an INITIAL # that will rise once all are tallied: 1.150 million buys and $64 million

BL, it looks like your source jumped the gun a bit.

64 million plus the live gate. That is alot of cash for the little dynamo to be bringing in.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 pm

captainanddew wrote:

more like 2.5 million

That'd be just a GIGANTIC number in this economy. I wonder if anybody can do that without a Latino fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 pm

I wonder why Aum doesn't do the movie theatre thing like golden boy.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:53 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

more like 2.5 million

That'd be just a GIGANTIC number in this economy. I wonder if anybody can do that without a Latino fighter.

that obviously does have a lot to do with sales in The US. i think some people are quick to forget that there was no American fighter in Pac vs Margo and it still sold 1 in every 500 people in the US (roughly). I think this should be taken into account when comparing to Floyd's numbers. Did you guys realise that Hatton vs Mayweather sold 900'000 in the US, but sold 1.2million in the UK despite the fight being at 5am Sunday morning. i thought that was an astonishing figure

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm

dbudge wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

more like 2.5 million

that obviously does have a lot to do with sales in The US. i think some people are quick to forget that there was no American fighter in Pac vs Margo and it still sold 1 in every 500 people in the US (roughly). I think this should be taken into account when comparing to Floyd's numbers. Did you guys realise that Hatton vs Mayweather sold 900'000 in the US, but sold 1.2million in the UK despite the fight being at 5am Sunday morning. i thought that was an astonishing figure

That IS an astonishing figure.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
dbudge wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

more like 2.5 million

That IS an astonishing figure.

it really is, that's one in every 50 Englishman buying the PPV and staying up until 5 in the morning to watch it

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

I was aware of that number, and used it to have discussions with some of the lunkheads at the old board who claimed all Brit/Euro fighters were "protected bums fighting in their backyards"

My point was and is, why should these guys give up that kind of support to come over here and make less money?

Hatton made more money on that fight than Flod, because Flod was too arrogant to realise the money Hatton brought and insisted on keeping all US revenue and Hatton keeping all UK revenue. Hatton had the last laugh.

That's why I was so upset with PacDiva holding up negotiations on the Hatton fight. Pac wasn't as big a draw as he is now. Hatton was more than reasonable and offered an even 50-50 split of all moneys even though Hatton was the bigger money man. That wasn't good enough for Manny, and he nearly killed the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:19 pm

it's right, why go to America to earn a fraction of what you would in England?? legacy don't pay bills....

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next