The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1

5 posters

Go down

Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1 Empty Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1

Post  SlickMoney Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:20 am

By Pablo Fletes, notifight.com

Promoter Fernando Sanchez of Prodesa has announced that a deal was reached for Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez to defend his WBA junior flyweight title against ex-beltholder Gilberto Keb Bass (35-21-4, 22 KOs) on October 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The event will be staged by Teiken Promotions, Zanfer Promotions and Top Rank. Previously, Gonzalez's promoter was trying to get him a Filipino opponent.

"Keb sounds like a good fight. If they tell me Mexican, if they tell me Filipino - it does not matter who I fight," Gonzalez said. "The most important thing is that I fight. I want to win for everyone in Nicaragua so they can enjoy my victory."

http://www.boxingscene.com/roman-gonzalez-face-gilberto-keb-on-october-1--43018

Don't know much about Keb Bass other than he's ranked 2nd at 108 by Ring.

Interested in seeing this.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1 Empty Re: Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1

Post  Diego408 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:30 am

Thats the guy that beat Omar Nino twice right?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1 Empty Re: Roman Gonzalez To Face Gilberto Keb on October 1

Post  Diego408 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am

Okay that Rocky Balboa record says yes lol but yeah I know he lost that belt already that he won from Nino. Expect Gonzalez to knock him out early.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 am

Journey man fighter, he'll put up a decent fight

I just hope Top Rank Live airs this fight along with Marquez - Nishioka...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:40 am

21 loses........is he the miniature Road Warrior ?

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 am

Ali wrote:21 loses........is he the miniature Road Warrior ?

Not really, he mainly fights in Mexico lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:55 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:21 loses........is he the miniature Road Warrior ?

Not really, he mainly fights in Mexico lol

lol that explains it.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:10 pm

He should be fighting Adrian Hernandez (who beat Baas for the WBC trinket), but hopefully this leads to some more big fights for Gonzalez on Top Rank Live.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Guess it aint happening.

Although Prodesa, the co-promoter of WBA junior flyweight king Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, announced their fighter was defending his belt against Gilberto Keb on October 1 in Las Vegas - the Mexican's promoter Pepe Gomez is disputing their announcement. Gomez told reporters in Mexico - "it's a lie."

Gomez has taken issue with the fight for three reasons. He says nobody contacted him to finalize a deal, his boxers only compete for titles under the World Boxing Council, and there seems to be a personal issue with Zanfer Promotions, who are handling the October card with Tieken and Top Rank. He claims Zanfer is preventing him from staging events in certain areas of Mexico.

"First, no one has contacted me to reach an agreement, and second, my fighters only compete for championships under the World Boxing Council," said Gomez.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 am

At this point I just want chocolatito to fight somebody man shit. The fight is a little bit over a month out. Hopefully I can watch it on TV because the internet feed I had from his last fight was shit.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Suavecito80 wrote:At this point I just want chocolatito to fight somebody man shit. The fight is a little bit over a month out. Hopefully I can watch it on TV because the internet feed I had from his last fight was shit.

+1

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down