The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie discussion thread

+10
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
freakzilla
hardcorebee24
Gumby
captainanddew
dbudge
gomez1012
flapanther2001
Soonermark890
14 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Movie discussion thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Movie discussion thread

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm

I saw the dark knight rises today. It was as good as expected. I enjoyed it just like the other ones. But I have to say Anne Hathaway was shit in that movie. Her and her character added absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Soonermark890 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I saw the dark night rises today. It was as good as expected. I enjoyed it just like the other ones. But I have to say Anne Hathaway was shit in that movie. Her and her character added absolutely nothing.

Anne Hathaway was one of the best performances in the movie, your hate blinds you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I saw the dark night rises today. It was as good as expected. I enjoyed it just like the other ones. But I have to say Anne Hathaway was shit in that movie. Her and her character added absolutely nothing.

Anne Hathaway was one of the best performances in the movie, your hate blinds you.
I dont hate hathaway I just think it was a terrible casting job. Its like making Toby McGuire spiderman. Oh wait LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh and Bane was the best character I have seen in a long time.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I dont hate hathaway I just think it was a terrible casting job. Its like making Toby McGuire spiderman. Oh wait LOL

I am so glad they choose an actress who can actually act, Jessica Biel would have been nothing more than eye candy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I am so glad they choose an actress who can actually act, Jessica Biel would have been nothing more than eye candy.
Thats a step up from Hathaway. Its just hard for me to believe she is tough in that movie. Just like Leo DiCrapio in every tough guy role that he is in. I just cant watch him play the tough guy. Even if Leo is one of our best actors there are just certain roles he shouldnt play.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 am

John Carter - I really enjoyed watching this adventure, it's a great movie for families and it's a real shame that there won't be a trilogy. 4.5/5

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Ali wrote:John Carter - I really enjoyed watching this adventure, it's a great movie for families and it's a real shame that there won't be a trilogy. 4.5/5
Yeah I thought it was really good too. I think the studio didnt promote that movie right. The previews must have just sucked.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:John Carter - I really enjoyed watching this adventure, it's a great movie for families and it's a real shame that there won't be a trilogy. 4.5/5
Yeah I thought it was really good too. I think the studio didnt promote that movie right. The previews must have just sucked.

Yup they screwed up the promotion. I don't see why they removed Mars from the title.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Yup they screwed up the promotion. I don't see why they removed Mars from the title.
I dont either. That movie was really good and I would go to the theater for a sequel.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Machine Gun Preacher - Interesting flick, it took awhile to get going but once it did it was worth it. However as much as I love Gerry I can't help but feel he didn't have the acting chops for this sort of emotional movie, it could have been memorable with a better lead, but still a good movie none the less. 4/5

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am

^^^ That flick looks bad just from the title and cover alone. Not that appealing to me

I might have to give John Carter a shot
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:21 pm

The Grey - decent movie that's helped by a good performance by Liam Neeson. 3.5/5

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:26 pm

gomez1012 wrote:^^^ That flick looks bad just from the title and cover alone. Not that appealing to me

I might have to give John Carter a shot
John Carter was pretty good.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Ali wrote:The Grey - decent movie that's helped by a good performance by Liam Neeson. 3.5/5
Either the grey or Machine Gun preacher is next on my list. I am about to watch Casa de mi Padre. Everyone said it sucks but what the hell I like will farrell
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:The Grey - decent movie that's helped by a good performance by Liam Neeson. 3.5/5
Either the grey or Machine Gun preacher is next on my list. I am about to watch Casa de mi Padre. Everyone said it sucks but what the hell I like will farrell

That's the Spanish one right ? I've not seen it yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

That's the Spanish one right ? I've not seen it yet.
Yeah I will let you know if its worth it in a couple of hours.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Ok do not watch Casa de mi Padre. It was just as bad as everyone said. Up next is machine gun preacher and then probably the lorax for my little girl.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

In Time - It's always a treat to watch something fresh and original and this was that. Timberlake has managed to crossover into acting and morph into a fairly decent actor. Cillain Murphy was once again consistent and stole most of the scenes he was in. 4/5

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Ali wrote:In Time - It's always a treat to watch something fresh and original and this was that. Timberlake has managed to crossover into acting and morph into a fairly decent actor. Cillain Murphy was once again consistent and stole most of the scenes he was in. 4/5

murphy has been one of my favorites actors since 28 days later.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:In Time - It's always a treat to watch something fresh and original and this was that. Timberlake has managed to crossover into acting and morph into a fairly decent actor. Cillain Murphy was once again consistent and stole most of the scenes he was in. 4/5

murphy has been one of my favorites actors since 28 days later.

I really, really want Murphy to play Roose Bolton's son in Game Of Thrones.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 am

Exept it's not that original. Just a re-doing of

Movie discussion thread - Page 18 Ugo-lr10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Ali thanks for metioning Bronson i thought it was a great movie. Although it's not similar, it gave me for some reason a clockwork orange vibe.
BTW i have no idea as to why hardy was not nominated for his performance. The guy was amazing and this is his best performance by far.
The party scene at the mental institution when they are dancing to "its a sin" was great.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Rum Capital wrote:Ali thanks for metioning Bronson i thought it was a great movie. Although it's not similar, it gave me for some reason a clockwork orange vibe.
BTW i have no idea as to why hardy was not nominated for his performance. The guy was amazing and this is his best performance by far.
The party scene at the mental institution when they are dancing to "its a sin" was great.

You're welcome Smile

I can understand the connection to Clockwork it's definitely got that odd vibe to it.

Hardy's performance was out of this world, Bronson was a really small indie movie when it came it so it would have had virtually no exposure or studio backing to be put forward for award ceremonies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Machine Gun Preacher. GREAT MOVIE. It is one of those movies that everyone should watch.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next