The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet

4 posters

Go down

DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet Empty DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet

Post  dbudge Thu May 19, 2011 11:36 am

http://www1.skysports.com/thisisit/story/21165/6940404

i can't wait to be at the O2 on Saturday night, this fight should be electric

dbudge

Back to top Go down

DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet Empty Re: DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 11:51 am

is this the main event or is Cleverly?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet Empty Re: DeGale and Groves make a "winner takes all" bet

Post  dbudge Thu May 19, 2011 11:54 am

gomez1012 wrote:is this the main event or is Cleverly?

i think Cleverly vs Bellew is going to be the main event. the product has been billed as World Championship Boxing as Cleverly vs Braehmer was meant to be the main event. Cleverly is now the WBO champ so i guess that billing still stands. DeGale vs Groves is the fight that most people in the arena are interested in though. although things got very heated between Cleverly and Bellew at the press conference earlier, Bellew is one cocky dude and to be fair he is never in a dull fight. it should still be an entertaining night

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 12:17 pm

What I think too, Bellew puts up a good effort but is overmatched

Same for Groves, he's going to be purple after Chunky is done with him
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu May 19, 2011 12:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:What I think too, Bellew puts up a good effort but is overmatched

Same for Groves, he's going to be purple after Chunky is done with him

i think Groves is going to give a better account of himself than people are expecting. DeGale can't afford to get careless. i'm buzzin about it anyway, can't remember so much dislike in a competitive fight between 2 British fighters since the Benn vs Eubanks fights. these guys will let it all hang out for sure

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 12:31 pm

I really think DeGale is a notch above Groves, technique, speed, power. Should handle the ginger
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I really think DeGale is a notch above Groves, technique, speed, power. Should handle the ginger

i agree wholesomely with your viewpoint. i don't think it is going to be a walk in ther park for him though but i do think that boxing skill will prevail. i think Groves possibly is the harder puncher of the two however.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 12:54 pm

DeGale really impressed me with his trashing of Smith. Havent seen much of Groves, but if he tries to brawl like Smith did, going to make it easier for Chunky to land his shots
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Daaaayum!

Bellew has been dropped 3x in last two fights vs some below average fighters, he's getting KTFO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat May 21, 2011 6:22 am

gomez1012 wrote:DeGale really impressed me with his trashing of Smith. Havent seen much of Groves, but if he tries to brawl like Smith did, going to make it easier for Chunky to land his shots

he won't, DeGale will have to be the agrressor. Groves has good timing and can really bang. problem is is his low left hand and lack of head movement. that will be his undoing. he still could walk an extremely fired up DeGale onto something big though. Groves bodyshots are unreal also. this will turn into a war

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 am

So I wonder if the winner took it all? Surprised
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun May 22, 2011 11:04 am

Shaun wrote:So I wonder if the winner took it all? Surprised

Adam Booth, Groves's trainer, said after the fight that they would let him off with the bet.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down