The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad year for Al Haymon

5 posters

Go down

Bad year for Al Haymon Empty Bad year for Al Haymon

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:24 am

Paul Williams nearly killed.

Floyd tanking his career.

Berto losing in his first real test.

Arreola still Arreola.

When are these guys going to realize that the upfront HBO money they received will do nothing in the long run and inactivity will hurt not only their career but their pockets? Al Haymon is short money if you ask me. All of these guys will suffer from being managed by Haymon.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Bad year for Al Haymon Empty Re: Bad year for Al Haymon

Post  ScottLevinson Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:17 am

True.

Not to mention I've personally witnessed at least 4 of his prospects this year get gift decisions over unexceptional sub-.500 Mexican trialhorses on off-TV bouts.

Someone is still buying into it. Dude has a load of fighters. He's always in the ring with someone. And until I saw him in person, I thought he was more formidable. Dude's like 5'8" 140. Weird. Anyway...

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am

ScottLevinson wrote:True.

Not to mention I've personally witnessed at least 4 of his prospects this year get gift decisions over unexceptional sub-.500 Mexican trialhorses on off-TV bouts.

Someone is still buying into it. Dude has a load of fighters. He's always in the ring with someone. And until I saw him in person, I thought he was more formidable. Dude's like 5'8" 140. Weird. Anyway...

He's the Iceberg Slim of boxing, he makes them call him daddy and everything.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:43 am

it is a mystery how this guy manages to command such power within the Boxing industry. it's a mystery that HBO quite willingly bend over to any Al Haymon fighter demands, particulary guys like Berto and Williams that can't draw crowds and the fights they get put in for the purses they get paid just don't add up. it's guys like Al Haymon that will kill off boxing because eventually the people running the networks have got to wake up and realise that "hey, we're not making a profit from this business!"

the damage from Al Haymon managed fighters getting given gift match-ups for extraordinary large purses has already shown its effect on the bigger scale of things. casual/ part time boxing fans have already given up and taken their loyalty to the UFC where they are guaranteed to get what they are paying for and not the joke match-ups that HBO with Haymon's assistance have been giving them. the public are already fed up with being given bullshit match-ups. i'm glad it has happened to Haymon's fighters in the last few months, but it hasn't changed much because HBO still let GBP rip them off and the casual fans in the US have not had a major mainstream crossover fight that has delivered what it was supposed to in a long long time. does Haymon care?? of course he doesn't he's getting super rich from all this so if boxing crumbled on TV networks it wouldn't make the slightest difference to him. until HBO get rid of Greenburg nothing will change and HBO will just continue to further damage this glorious sport's reputation

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
ScottLevinson wrote:True.

He's the Iceberg Slim of boxing, he makes them call him daddy and everything.

lol pretty much

shit he's getting AJ Broner on the Canelo-Rhodes card, wtf is that? You'd think GBP would want Ponce De Leon on the under card but instead get Haymon managed Broner vs Gringo Boy Litzau
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Fighters like Al because he gives them fat HBO checks. Add on, all the money goes almost directly to them.

Sounds good for the fighter. Except non of the money is used to actualy promote the fighter or fight.

Arum stated guys like Dibella would love to promote the fights better, but because of Al, are left with no money to do it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Who knew having Beyonce as an associate would lead to so much power.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down