The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him

+4
Rum Capital
dbudge
gomez1012
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him Empty Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 am

I think he's right. Gamboa has all the advantages. Faster, more skilled, hits just as hard. I'd say Gamboa even got a better chin. His KDs had more to do with a sloppy, unbalanced stance which he seems to have corrected. They were all just flash KDs, he was never really hurt. Yet Lopez has been hurt on several occations
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him Empty Re: Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 am

Yea I got Gamboa trashing him like did Mtagwa and Solis

JML will take a KNEE lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him Empty Re: Gamboa says Lopez has no chacnce at beating him

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:54 am

UnderArmor needs to brand The Rican Knee Pads
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:11 pm

uncle bob wont put them in together. i think Gamboa is much better than Lopez personally, Gamboa really looks the part when he fights. devestating skills

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:35 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if we saw Gamboa vs Garcia before the JML fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:52 pm

i watched the gamboa fight on youtube today.very impressive handspeed with power.looks like hes improving on balance..tech hes sound.excellent combos.lopez will more then have his hands full..oh and yes arum will make that fight within a year.much critisim towards arum but the guy does invest lots of his own cash in developing fighters and many from scratch.as far as promoting hes a whole lot smarter then all of us put together.yes hes arragant and aloof at times but the guys one of the top 3 or 4 promoters in boxing history.many of us want the fight now but bob wants to marinate the steak where the aroma and the smell of the sizzle makes us droll..then it will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:UnderArmor needs to brand The Rican Knee Pads
AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAH YOU AND GOMEZ ARE SO FUNNY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
................................... Evil or Very Mad

WAIT TILL JUANMA KOS GAMBOA YOU GUYS WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT pirat
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Rafa was landing at will against JuanMa. A war torn fighter.

Imagine what Gamboa would do.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Rafa was landing at will against JuanMa. A war torn fighter.

most definitely agree. add to that how slick and fast Gamboa's punches are. i think Gamboa is all wrong for an aggressive fighter like Lopez. i think Gamboa would have Lopez looking confused, despondant and most probably hurt after 4 rounds. Lopez may have the edge in power, but i'm not 100% convinced about that either. i don't think it would be a wise business decision by Arum anyway. i think there is too much PR support in Lopez's favour for Arum to take advantage of before matching these 2 together

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Rafa was landing at will against JuanMa. A war torn fighter.

what kind of logic is that?? what does rafa have to with this?
ok so by your logic salido knocked gamboa down and even darling jimenez who gamboa almost lost too....imagine what juanma would do to him??
keep reaching
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:24 pm

i think Slick's point was that if an old, slow and extremely shopworn Marquez could find the target, then imagine how easy it would be for a precision point, sharp-shooter like Gamboa. Gamboa is very fast and very accurate. Lopez is open to a lot coming down the middle, which is where Gamboa pours his offense through. i agree with you though Rum, if Lopez finds the target once then he definitely has the power to put Gamboa in a lot of trouble. it's an exciting match-up, hopefully another that we get treated to before 2011 ends

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Someone's on the rag today.

Its logic that everyone uses. What else are we supposed to go off of?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm

dbudge wrote:i think Slick's point was that if an old, slow and extremely shopworn Marquez could find the target, then imagine how easy it would be for a precision point, sharp-shooter like Gamboa. Gamboa is very fast and very accurate. Lopez is open to a lot coming down the middle, which is where Gamboa pours his offense through. i agree with you though Rum, if Lopez finds the target once then he definitely has the power to put Gamboa in a lot of trouble. it's an exciting match-up, hopefully another that we get treated to before 2011 ends
see i think the fight can go either way. what i find funny is how band wagon people are when it comes to gamboa. his looked like absolute SHIT in his two previous fights. last saturday he looked amazing and now people are high on him again. if juanma comes in as the counter puncher i think he can win. if he comes in looking all crazy for the ko he will lose.
btw many here and on espn thought rafa was going to win but after juanma wins now everybodys claiming he was old.
im going to start looking for old threads from now on.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:30 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Someone's on the rag today.

Its logic that everyone uses. What else are we supposed to go off of?
everyone???? are gamboa and rafa similar fighters??
while we are it...WHO THE FUCK HAS GAMBOA FACED??
i don't like these topics because i look like a homer but come on let's be real solis is a good fighter and i give 100 credit to gamboa for this won but other than solis who the fuck has gamboa faced?? you guys are really high on this dude based off one win. kinda like the aftermath of the alexander-urango win.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm

no, i genuinely believe Gamboa is a special talent. watch his fights, his skills are devestating. he looks so well polished, has great ring generalship, is one of the best counter-punchers in the World today. it's not that i think Lopez is a bad fighter, i just think that Gamboa really is special. time will tell... everyone's got an opinion. there's nothing wrong with being patriotic!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
everyone???? are gamboa and rafa similar fighters??
while we are it...WHO THE FUCK HAS GAMBOA FACED??
i don't like these topics because i look like a homer but come on let's be real solis is a good fighter and i give 100 credit to gamboa for this won but other than solis who the fuck has gamboa faced?? you guys are really high on this dude based off one win. kinda like the aftermath of the alexander-urango win.

Gamboa already decisioned Salido, KO'd Mtagwa with ease when he almost ended JML in their fight, and just KO another ranked veteran in Solis

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:40 pm

JuanMa's resume is slightly better at best.

Rafa isnt the only one to land on JuanMa. Mtagwa and Concepion knocked him on his ass.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Gamboa's destruction of Mtagwa really was special. he looked flawless

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:59 pm

i guess that most people disagree with me other than rum. i still think that juanma is dang good and would beat gamboa. i dont think that there has been anyone that has been able to slow down gamboa. juanma will be that person. his power will be more than gamboa has ever felt.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:51 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i guess that most people disagree with me other than rum. i still think that juanma is dang good and would beat gamboa. i dont think that there has been anyone that has been able to slow down gamboa. juanma will be that person. his power will be more than gamboa has ever felt.
it depends on what juanma shows up. if he's calm and tries countering like he did with ponce de leon i think juanma takes it. if he comes in wild like in the rafa fight he'll lose.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 am

Lopez-Gamboa would be a pick 'um fight, if anyone can beat Gamboa, I believe Lopez can, he has the skills and power to hang with him.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:32 am

Rum Capital wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i guess that most people disagree with me other than rum. i still think that juanma is dang good and would beat gamboa. i dont think that there has been anyone that has been able to slow down gamboa. juanma will be that person. his power will be more than gamboa has ever felt.
it depends on what juanma shows up. if he's calm and tries countering like he did with ponce de leon i think juanma takes it. if he comes in wild like in the rafa fight he'll lose.
i think that juanma is a smart fighter. he fought rafa like he did out of pride because he knew that he was bigger and had more youth to get it done. he wont go in there and just trade with gamboa. i think that juanma has learned from his mistakes of the past. i am more impressed by both of these fighters the more i see them so i cant really be 100% sure who would win. if i were going to put my money on someone though, it would be juanma.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:39 am

GrantZilla wrote:UnderArmor needs to brand The Rican Knee Pads
LMAO
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 am

I could see Juanma winning a firefight. He definitely hits hard enough to put Gamboa to sleep and he can put pressure like Gamboa hasn't seen. Not sure that his only method of winning is to box.

He may have chin issues, but he doesn't get hurt from most of those KDs. And Gamboa has chin issues too.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down