The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat

+3
gomez1012
Groundhog
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat Empty Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:22 am

“I’m not worried [about Pavlik]. He would be easy to beat,” Froch said. “Pavlik was big and strong at his weight but he would be out of his depth at super middleweight. He got handed a massive whupping when he took on Bernard Hopkins.”

Also talked about a rematch with Pascal

“The [Pascal] fight is still on,” Froch said. “I promised him I would give him a return and I will, but first I have to get the Super Six out of the way.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=27111&more=1

My thoughts. I hope he makes it to the final against Ward. In fact, I hope he wins the whole thing, only because "Son Of God" does not thrill me in any way. And a rematch with Pascal be awsome.

For Pavlik, he fights Froch, he get's dealt with very bad

BTW, here joke situation with WBC at Super Middle

WBC Champion: Carl Froch
WBC Emeritus Champion: Mikkel Kessler
WBC Silver Champion: Noe Gonzalez
WBC Interim Champion: Nikola Sjeldoca
WBC #1 Ranked Contender: Kelly Pavlik

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat Empty Re: Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat

Post  Groundhog Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:28 am

Froch should just say fuck outboxing if he fights Pavlik.

just walk him down.

This is a mismatch IMO, but maybe Froch deserves one LOL

look at his last 5 opponents: Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Taylor, Pascal. regardless of win/lose, that must be the one of the deepest most recent opponent list out of anyone out there.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat Empty Re: Froch says Pavlik will be easy to beat

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 am

Well, Froch's first manditory is "WBC Silver Champion" Noe Gonzalez. If your wondering who the fuck he is, I just checked, and he's ranked 38th on Boxrec! 38th!!!!!!!!!!!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 am

i agree with fronch.he has too many guns for pavik.noe gonzalez wheres he from.he may be a relative of joses....

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Groundhog wrote:Froch should just say fuck outboxing if he fights Pavlik.

just walk him down.

This is a mismatch IMO, but maybe Froch deserves one LOL

look at his last 5 opponents: Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Taylor, Pascal. regardless of win/lose, that must be the one of the deepest most recent opponent list out of anyone out there.

+1

And yet he doesnt get a lot of props from the media
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:57 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i agree with fronch.he has too many guns for pavik.noe gonzalez wheres he from.he may be a relative of joses....

he is a Uruguayan

i think Pavlik vs Froch would be a war whilst it lasted, but could Pavlik really hurt Froch?? i'm not too sure. could he outbox Froch?? i'm not to sure of that either. one of Froch's most underrated abilities is his capability of adapting to his opponent's style. i think Froch would eat a lot of leather early but after that i think it could be an easy night's work for him. no way Arum puts Pavlik in deep against a guy like Froch

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Unless Pavlik has undergone some miraculous transformation after re-hab, I can't see a Froch-Pavlik fight being very competitive, Froch would have just about every advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Ring wrote:Unless Pavlik has undergone some miraculous transformation after re-hab, I can't see a Froch-Pavlik fight being very competitive, Froch would have just about every advantage.

including speed and reach?? i think Froch will have problems with anybody that is as long in the arm as him and with better handspeed. i think Pavlik does have those advantages over Pavlik. i think what would make Froch favourite though is his granite chin, his mental strength and his ability to get the win at all costs. i can't see Froch beating Ward so i wouldn't be too surprised if after the Super 6 Froch cashes in by fighting Pavlik as Bute and Ward would be tied up with Kessler waiting to fight the winner of that as he'll be the WBC mandatory and he has to be pretty high in the WBA rankings i'm sure. sneidy Sauerland move

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ring wrote:Unless Pavlik has undergone some miraculous transformation after re-hab, I can't see a Froch-Pavlik fight being very competitive, Froch would have just about every advantage.

including speed and reach?? i think Froch will have problems with anybody that is as long in the arm as him and with better handspeed. i think Pavlik does have those advantages over Pavlik.
i think what would make Froch favourite though is his granite chin, his mental strength and his ability to get the win at all costs. i can't see Froch beating Ward so i wouldn't be too surprised if after the Super 6 Froch cashes in by fighting Pavlik as Bute and Ward would be tied up with Kessler waiting to fight the winner of that as he'll be the WBC mandatory and he has to be pretty high in the WBA rankings i'm sure. sneidy Sauerland move

Pavlik is an inch or so taller then Froch, but their reach is about the same, 75". As for Pavlik having an advantage in "speed", not really, Pavlik tends to be rather slow, and certainly not any faster then Froch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 pm

i like kelly.he martinez and pac are my favorite fighters of today but kelly plods threw like hes walking in quicksand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i like kelly.he martinez and pac are my favorite fighters of today but kelly plods threw like hes walking in quicksand.

I like Kelly too, but it seems like the loss to Hopkins really took the wind out of his sails, he hasn't been the same since. The way it looks right now, Pavlik is not going to be able to hang with the big dogs again, but I hope i'm wrong. Question

BTW, Kermit Cintron is my favorite fighter, he's the total package and flies through the air with the greatest of ease. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

It seems like Pavlik peaked during the Taylor fights. He hasn't beaten anyone of substance since then. Maybe his lifestyle had something to do with it, maybe not, but being a one dimensional fighter never really helped anybody.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

I say we take turns training him. I know all of us can tell him to double the fucking jab.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:32 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:It seems like Pavlik peaked during the Taylor fights. He hasn't beaten anyone of substance since then. Maybe his lifestyle had something to do with it, maybe not, but being a one dimensional fighter never really helped anybody.

you have to get better. walking straight towards the guy and looking for jab/right hand isn't enough.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

I've been wanting to see Pavlik vs Froch for ages. Both styles would clash for an entertaining scrap.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:It seems like Pavlik peaked during the Taylor fights. He hasn't beaten anyone of substance since then. Maybe his lifestyle had something to do with it, maybe not, but being a one dimensional fighter never really helped anybody.

you have to get better. walking straight towards the guy and looking for jab/right hand isn't enough.
Zackly....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Froch is on point with everything he said. He would abuse Pavlik, but Kelly's people won't allow for that fight to happen.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down