The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guillermo rigondeaux

3 posters

Go down

guillermo rigondeaux Empty guillermo rigondeaux

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:46 pm

He has a fight coming up in 2 weeks. I know he was tremendously disappointing in his last fight. He seemed to be stuck in amateur mode. I think he might get the call against Donaire at 122. I believe he will eventually get trinket shot and beat Shimoda.

Do you see Rigondeaux making noise? Will he get a big fight soon?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

guillermo rigondeaux Empty Re: guillermo rigondeaux

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Lacks the spark of excitement that Gamboa has to really get people talking, I can see him being like Ward and Bradley, a solid pro who will be successful but not in alot of entertaining fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:He has a fight coming up in 2 weeks. I know he was tremendously disappointing in his last fight. He seemed to be stuck in amateur mode. I think he might get the call against Donaire at 122. I believe he will eventually get trinket shot and beat Shimoda.

Do you see Rigondeaux making noise? Will he get a big fight soon?

come on let's get that into perspective. he was fighting for an interim title in his 7th pro fight against a 40+ fight veteran in Ricardo Cordoba, who isn't a great fighter but isn't a complete bum either. he got the win that's what matters. and he did have over 500 amateur bouts so it's a little bit expected. in his 7th fight though against such a seasoned and still live contender isn't bad going in my book. he fights Irish Willie Casey, who is only an 11 fight novice himself and who recently won the Prizefighter series Super Bantam tournament which really is low level stuff. i think Rigondeaux could make noise, his skill set is polished and he has a boxers brain. how he gets on when he is dragged into a war of atrition is yet to be seen though. the problem is that he is getting old now and is having to be fast tracked for that to happen

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm

This next fight being for another BS belt is a joke. Neither Rigondeaux nor Casey is in a position to fight for a belt. The "Interim WBA World Super Bantamweight" title. How the fuck can they give an "Interim" belt to a fighter (with 7 fights) when they clearly have a Super Bantam champ in Shimoda?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm

I hate that I posted about a trinket but I think if Rigondeaux takes Shimoda, it could set up a lineal fight with Donaire down the road. I think Rigondeaux is a perfect opponent for Donaire. He is good but doesn't generate money by himself. Will Bob first put Nonito against Nishioka? Don't know. Bob will throw Rigondeaux to Donaire if he believes Donaire will win.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down