The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation

+3
gomez1012
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
7 posters

Go down

Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation Empty Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Adrien Broner was fortunate to get a 'W' over Ponce De Leon last night on the HBO B.A.D. undercard. But, you would have thought by the way this arrogant/annoying muther-fucker was acting after the fight, that he'd won every round. His Duckweather Jr. act, was badly choreographed, and just guessing he ain't gonna be the next Floyd. I can only hope that in the near future, this clown gets in the ring with the likes of Donaire, JuanMa, or Gamboa and gets pulverized.

Back to top Go down

Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation Empty Re: Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:48 pm

ring your right.to me this guys nothing.he lost the dam fight.letterman and i scored it identical round by round..most of his jabs fell short or were blocked by ponces gloves as well as his other punches..9-1 in rounds lol.when i heared the first 2 scores 96-94 i said ponce won when i heared the 9-1 in rounds i said nope hes getting screwed..sooner called that perfect before the cards were announced..

Back to top Go down

Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation Empty Re: Adrien Broner's Duckweather Jr. imitation

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 pm

He better hope that he doesn't go back to 135 where the likes of Rios, JMM, Katsidis & others will KTFO.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm

He's my new least favorite fighter.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:He's my new least favorite fighter.

+1

Especially with Haymon and GBP behind him
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Ring wrote:Adrien Broner was fortunate to get a 'W' over Ponce De Leon last night on the HBO B.A.D. undercard. But, you would have thought by the way this arrogant/annoying muther-fucker was acting after the fight, that he'd won every round. His Duckweather Jr. act, was badly choreographed, and just guessing he ain't gonna be the next Floyd. I can only hope that in the near future, this clown gets in the ring with the likes of Donaire, JuanMa, or Gamboa and gets pulverized.

Boner looked like a moron celebrating that loss last night. Looks like EVERYONE knew he lost except him and the GBP paid judges.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:He's my new least favorite fighter.

If Broner was trying to get everyone to hate him, he succeeded.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:21 pm

dmar5143 wrote:ring your right.to me this guys nothing.he lost the dam fight.letterman and i scored it identical round by round..most of his jabs fell short or were blocked by ponces gloves as well as his other punches..9-1 in rounds lol.when i heared the first 2 scores 96-94 i said ponce won when i heared the 9-1 in rounds i said nope hes getting screwed..sooner called that perfect before the cards were announced..

Damn dmar, you mean Sooner finally got one right? j/k Wink

It's going to be pure pleasure watching Broner get his ass handed to him when he moves up in class.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Broner won the fight. I agree, his style sucks, and he sucks. But he won. He threw the better, more accurate punches.

Most times, stupid judges will ignore that over a more aggressive fighter, and off the crowd reaction. But that's now how pro boxing is suppose to be scored.

Throwing more clean-effective punches is # 1 over all else.

In early rounds, Ponce showed effective aggression and ring generalship. But by mid rounds, his aggression was not effective, and neither was his ring generalship. He was not making Boner fight his fight. If anything, he was fighting Boner's fight by fighting outside
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Broner won the fight. I agree, his style sucks, and he sucks. But he won. He threw the better, more accurate punches.

Most times, stupid judges will ignore that over a more aggressive fighter, and off the crowd reaction. But that's now how pro boxing is suppose to be scored.

Throwing more clean-effective punches is # 1 over all else.

In early rounds, Ponce showed effective aggression and ring generalship. But by mid rounds, his aggression was not effective, and neither was his ring generalship. He was not making Boner fight his fight. If anything, he was fighting Boner's fight by fighting outside

I had Ponce winning the first 3 rounds, and 3 out of the last 7, winning the fight by 6-4 in rounds. Granted, it was a close fight, I could see it being a draw, but not Broner winning, he wasn't busy enough.
No robbery persay from the 2 judges who scored it 96-94 for Broner, but the judge (Tony Crebs) who had it scored 99-91 for Broner, needs to be investigated and/or have his license pulled.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 pm

sorry a draw or win for broner were clearly a bad choice..close or not he lost.ponce during the entire fight picked off a ton of boners punches on the gloves or they simply fell short.letterman was 100 percent accurate in his scoring not the other judges.he usualy is for hes the best darn judge in the past 40 years and amoung the top 3 in the last 60 since i started watching boxing.
to judge a fight you must be totaly focused in every detail with deep consintration.thats how i watch a fight.
there were no so called swing rounds in the fight.like boxinglawyer said everyone but the in the pocket golden boy judges and borner though he lost the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:22 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sorry a draw or win for broner were clearly a bad choice..close or not he lost.ponce during the entire fight picked off a ton of boners punches on the gloves or they simply fell short.letterman was 100 percent accurate in his scoring not the other judges.he usualy is for hes the best darn judge in the past 40 years and amoung the top 3 in the last 60 since i started watching boxing.
to judge a fight you must be totaly focused in every detail with deep consintration.thats how i watch a fight.
there were no so called swing rounds in the fight.like boxinglawyer said everyone but the in the pocket golden boy judges and borner though he lost the fight.

okay, last night I admitted any scoring I was doing was biased as I had picked Broner and wanted the upset for GOR (as everyone else picked De Leon). I stopped scoring because I was being biased wanting him to win.

So I watched the fight again today. I scored it 5-5. Do I think he should have won? No. I think a draw or a 96-94 win for De Leon would have been better.
The 9-1 scorecard is a score that defies comprehension.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:45 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sorry a draw or win for broner were clearly a bad choice..close or not he lost.ponce during the entire fight picked off a ton of boners punches on the gloves or they simply fell short.letterman was 100 percent accurate in his scoring not the other judges.he usualy is for hes the best darn judge in the past 40 years and amoung the top 3 in the last 60 since i started watching boxing.

Just saying, I could have lived with a draw, but not Broner winning.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 pm

what was his imitation all about then?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:59 pm

dbudge wrote:what was his imitation all about then?

his style was a very poor man's Mayweather

Crappy pot shotting all night
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down