The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alvarez vs Hatton in jeopardy

4 posters

Go down

Alvarez vs Hatton in jeopardy Empty Alvarez vs Hatton in jeopardy

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:32 pm

According to multiple reports in Mexico, an order from a United States judge could prevent the March 5 bout between Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Matthew Hatton of England, which is scheduled to happen in Anaheim, California for the vacant WBC junior middleweight title.

As part of an ongoing lawsuit in Miami, Florida, promoter Tuto Zabala Jr. and his company All-Star Boxing have asked a judge for an injunction to prevent Alvarez from fighting until the lawsuit is resolved. Zabala sued Alvarez and Golden Boy Promotions with breach of contract claims on Alvarez and tortious interference claims on Golden Boy.

Zabala claims to have had a valid promotional contract with Alvarez, when the unbeaten Mexican boxer signed his deal with Golden Boy. In his papers, Zabala states that Alvarez signed a four year deal in September 2008. Alvarez signed with Golden Boy in January 2010

"Our lawyers have already requested the court order," Zabala said.

Back to top Go down

Alvarez vs Hatton in jeopardy Empty Re: Alvarez vs Hatton in jeopardy

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Great news. GB getting sued, and it'll put stop joke joke "title fight" with Hatton

Wish Rhodes would sue WBC. Him and his promoter stated they weren't even contacted by WBC for the vacant title shot.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Great news. GB getting sued, and it'll put stop joke joke "title fight" with Hatton

Wish Rhodes would sue WBC. Him and his promoter stated they weren't even contacted by WBC for the vacant title shot.

Neither was Vanes, surprised Bob Arum didn´t kick up a fuss about that.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Arum won't, because he uses WBC like all promoters do. So don't rock the boat. He used WBC to let Manny get a "8th title" when stripped it from Martinez
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Great news. GB getting sued, and it'll put stop joke joke "title fight" with Hatton

i agree with all this post. i'm not even disappointed about this development, the fight is a joke and the title being involved when Martinez has only been champ for 2 months and stripped so the WBC can give Alvarez a title is disgusting to me. Matthew Hatton isn't even the best 154lb in Britain let alone a legitimate World title challenger. Rhodes would give Alvarez an extremely difficult night and is a far more credible fight. his number 1 ranking got ignored, Pac and Margarito got to fight for the title and now this mess with Alvarez and Hatton. so if the Alvarez can't fight does that mean the WBC will let Hatton fight somebody else for their precious trinket????

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm disappointed. I hated the idea of a joke belt but I liked the fight even when it got bumped up to 154. It was a good fight for Canelo. Hatton is a name fighter with a little bit of skill and a good amount of heart. It looked like a great transition fight for Canelo to go from prospect to contender (although technically it was a championship fight).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Gumby wrote:I'm disappointed. I hated the idea of a joke belt but I liked the fight even when it got bumped up to 154. It was a good fight for Canelo. Hatton is a name fighter with a little bit of skill and a good amount of heart. It looked like a great transition fight for Canelo to go from prospect to contender (although technically it was a championship fight).

Yeah, I wanted to see the fight, I hate when "politics" and/or lawsuits get in the way of good fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:45 pm

any updates on this?

Would of thought GBP try to stop this ASAP
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Ring wrote:
Gumby wrote:I'm disappointed. I hated the idea of a joke belt but I liked the fight even when it got bumped up to 154. It was a good fight for Canelo. Hatton is a name fighter with a little bit of skill and a good amount of heart. It looked like a great transition fight for Canelo to go from prospect to contender (although technically it was a championship fight).

Yeah, I wanted to see the fight, I hate when "politics" and/or lawsuits get in the way of good fights.
...i agree ring.theres as much fighting in the courtroom as there is in the ring..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down