The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al

+2
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al Empty Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 pm

God, I hope this just BS from ESPN. But knowing Crazy Al, it probably isn't
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5989707&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al Empty Re: Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 pm

I just don't get it.

Back to top Go down

Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al Empty Re: Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I just don't get it.

Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al 340x_aldavis01
What's not to get, ya sissy! I'm Al Davis. I do whatever the fuck I want!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:08 am

Damn. That sucks.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 am

al davis is no longer usefull and its been years since he has..the team was making excellent progress and started to be competitive the last several games playing respectable..
the coach had strong player support and that would of been part of the formular for them next year to win there divison..that was well within there capabilites since cable started the team in the right direction..i feel for the raider fans since next year they had something to look foward to..al must love turmoil.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 am

I think Cable benching Campbell over Bruce Gradkowski has a lot to do with it. Al went out and got Campbell, and we won with him under center. Grad sucks.

And then going 2-8 outside the division.

A lot of the Raiders success had little to do with Cable but outside moves in the off season, which Al showed even at his old age, he's lost more football knowledge then anyone in the NFL today will ever have.

Getting guys like Jacoby Ford who nobody saw potential in, but crazy Al.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Al Davis on the 8-8 finish, "If that's the way you live."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/raidersvideo?PID=vpAQszURkI1NHaY4YzeKSaLsiReNfyK0

WTF!?!?!

Sucks, but if its Hue Jackson I dont feel as bad...

History repeats itself...

So Al will probably promote Hue Jackson, who once again fulfills the Al Davis Hiring Pattern of alternating his HC picks between a burly offensive line coaches and offensive gameplanners.

This stretches back to the late-1980s and now 10 coaches, 11 if you count Jackson.

Let’s play it out, again…

-If it is Jackson, an offensive gameplanner.

-Before him, it was Cable, an offensive line coach.

-Before him, it was Lane Kiffin, an offensive gameplanner.

-Befoer him, it was Art Shell, an offensive line coach.

-Before him, it was Norv Turner, an offensive gameplanner.

-Before him, it was Bill Callahan, an offensive line coach.

-Before him, it was Jon Gruden, an offensive gameplanner.

-Before him, it was Joe Bugel, an offensive line coach.

-Before him, it was Mike White, an offensive gameplanner.

-Before him, it was Art Shell, an offensive line coach.

-Before him, it was Mike Shanahan, an offensive gameplanner.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:12 am

GrantZilla wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I just don't get it.

Raiders fire The Cable Man....Thanks Al 340x_aldavis01
What's not to get, ya sissy! I'm Al Davis. I do whatever the fuck I want!
Laughing As hated as Al Davis is, I have infinite respect for him. In his day, he knew football, although firing Tom Cable is somthing I fail to understand. Jerry Jones is still trying to be, Al Davis. It's not working so well for Mr. Jones. Hopefully, he'll fall in love with boxing.

Last edited by Frank on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:42 am

Hey I kinda understand the reason some raiders fans are disappointed in Al but to say you hate Al tells me that you might not be a raider fan. Its hard to hate the man who made the raiders what it is. The guy is the reason we have 3 super bowl wins.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Hey I kinda understand the reason some raiders fans are disappointed in Al but to say you hate Al tells me that you might not be a raider fan. Its hard to hate the man who made the raiders what it is. The guy is the reason we have 3 super bowl wins.
Though I'm not what you'd call a "Raider Fan", the only problem I have with Al is (a) Jack Tatum & George Atkinson (b) Rivalry with Pete Rozelle.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 pm

is very simple Al feels that the true turn around of the team was caused by hue jackson and NOT by cable. if he doesn't make hue the coach now we lose him...so bye bye cable.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 am

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis on Tuesday accused Tom Cable of lying to him and said there was no situation under which he would have brought him back as the team's head coach.

After introducing new head coach Hue Jackson, Davis explained why he withheld $120,000 in $20,000 increments from Cable's checks over what he said was the former coach putting the Raiders in legal harm.

Davis explained that two different lawsuits filed against the Raiders -- by Marie Lutz, Cable's former girlfriend who had previously alleged physical abuse; and by Randy Hanson, a former Cable assistant who accused Cable of assaulting him at the team facility -- had become too much of a potential financial liability for the team.

The owner alleged that Cable lied to him, and that the Raiders were blindsided when Lutz sued them.

"I asked Tom Cable at least three or four different times: 'Is there anything else that we have to deal with relation to the accusations made against you?' "

Davis also alleged that Cable was inappropriately bringing visitors with him on team road trips.

"He brought her on road trips," Davis said, referring to Lutz. "This is the guy who's talking about focus ... and they're flying in friends so that they can be with them the night before the game.

----But he made clear that he would not bring Cable back under any circumstances, even if the Raiders -- who finished 8-8 -- had made the playoffs.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/al-davis-blasts-tom-cable-says-coach-lied-to-raiders/1
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:41 pm

allright guys time to move on, hue is the future and it looks bright hue plans to "build a bully"
i'm more worried about the aso situation i mean let's say he signs back with us.....then for how much?? dude's 30 and there were talks of paying him 17 million a year.
now i like aso but 17??? honestly i would rather spend that money on building a monster o-line and d-line.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Al Davis wants his way.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I think Cable benching Campbell over Bruce Gradkowski has a lot to do with it. Al went out and got Campbell, and we won with him under center. Grad sucks.

And then going 2-8 outside the division.

A lot of the Raiders success had little to do with Cable but outside moves in the off season, which Al showed even at his old age, he's lost more football knowledge then anyone in the NFL today will ever have.

Getting guys like Jacoby Ford who nobody saw potential in, but crazy Al.

talking to Lamar Houston, thats what it all sounded like.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down