The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints

3 posters

Go down

Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints  Empty Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:54 am

Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints  Picard_Facepalm_by_LuckyHRE
Yeah, yeah, the Seachickens won their division. So what. They are a bad team in the worse joke division in the NFL.

No, I don't think this deserves some kind change to the playoff. Unless it become a re-occuring thing that not even .500 teams are making it to playoffs.

I just can't beleive teams with better records in tougher divisions, who steam rolled over the Seachickens, are out the playoffs. Shit, my Raiders ass raped Seattle in the Black Hole.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints  Empty Re: Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints

Post  Frank Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 am

The NFL deserves the 7-9 Seahawks and I’m loving every minute of it. I’ll tell you why.
In 2002, to my memory, some of the teams in the NFL were realigned. For example, we had the NFC West. This included, “The Atlanta Falcons”, “The New Orleans Saints”, “The St. Louis Rams”, “The Bucs, and the “49ers.” Now, word has it that the powers that be in the “NFL” wanted to switch around the teams to match their geographical area. Maybe that’s part of the reason (Falcons and Saints are now in the NFC South), however I recall seeing the 49ers and Rams being moved away from the Falcons and Saints and thinking, “They’re trying to make these divisions more competitive by moving good teams ( The Rams had Kurt Warner and to my memory, the 49ers were still superior to the Saints and the Falcons.) away from below .500 teams. If this switch was strictly geographical, what the hell is Miami doing in the same division as New England in a division called “The AFC East?”

I think somebody was playing “Fortune Teller.” Well, look what happened. The so called super division with teams too good to play with the pathetic “Falcons and Saints” produce a 7-9 division champion. On the other hand, the Saints are the SB champs and The Falcons are the number one seed in the NFC. I think the lesson here is to leave the rules and divisions the hell alone, but already I hear “Mike & Mike In The Morning” suggesting a rule change in the NFL to stop this (7-9 playoff team) from happening again. The NFL screwing around with the teams is the way this happened in the first place. The Seahawks won their division and have every right to be in the playoffs as “Division Champs.” If they had a 3-13 record and the rest of the “NFC West” was 2-14 or 1-15, they would deserve to be in post season as the NFC West champs. This season carries with it a nifty little lesson. Hands off the divisons. Don’t change them when they produce an undesired result.

Anyway, I’m rooting for the Seahawks. Talk about an underdog. They’re a 100- 1 shot to make the Super Bowl. Hell, if I was in Vegas….. Laughing

Frank

Back to top Go down

Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints  Empty Re: Seattle with a 7 9 record home field AVG on the Saints

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 pm

I think this happening is an oddity and nothing more and I agree it requires no adjustment to the playoff system.

That was a BAD football game last night between those two. The only thing at a high level was the mediocrity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:33 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I think this happening is an oddity and nothing more and I agree it requires no adjustment to the playoff system. That was a BAD football game last night between those two. The only thing at a high level was the mediocrity.
You're right, Marble. It was a an adjustment that led to this in the first place.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

NFL are kings of knee jerk reactions. That's because cater way to much to the media, who are biggest knee jerk reactors on the planet.

No rule change. If it becomes a trend where NFC West for example continues to blow, then I'd rather put a good team in the division, then fuck with the playoff format.

I see what your saying Frank, and NFL shouldn't screwed with divisions to begin with. And I only suggest that as a last result if it does become a trend. And when I mean by trend is more then 3 times in a decade.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:42 am

GrantZilla wrote:NFL are kings of knee jerk reactions. That's because cater way to much to the media, who are biggest knee jerk reactors on the planet.

No rule change. If it becomes a trend where NFC West for example continues to blow, then I'd rather put a good team in the division, then fuck with the playoff format.

I see what your saying Frank, and NFL shouldn't screwed with divisions to begin with. And I only suggest that as a last result if it does become a trend. And when I mean by trend is more then 3 times in a decade.
That's reasoanable, Grant. If the NFL went by that, we would've never had this happen.

Truth be told, I'm not a Tampa Bay fan, but I'd love to see them in the playoffs.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 am

To me you have divisions for a reason and playing each time twice is going to impact your record regardless. Sucks that you have a losing record come out on top but it is what it is. No reason to make any changes, IMO.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down