The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights

+2
Groundhog
Rum Capital
6 posters

Go down

Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights Empty Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Los Angeles' Sergio Mora (22-1-2, 6 KOs), coming off a draw with Shane Mosley in a woeful fight on Sept. 18, returns to headline on ESPN2's "Friday Night Fights" against Brian Vera (17-5, 11 KOs) at the Fort Worth Convention Center on Feb. 4, the weekend of the Super Bowl at Cowboys Stadium in nearby Arlington, Texas. Vera, of Austin, Texas, who is 1-4 in his past five fights, was originally scheduled to meet Andy Lee in a rematch of Vera's upset victory in 2008. However, the Lee camp put off signing for the fight because he is under consideration for a middleweight championship shot against Sergio Martinez. Mora and Vera are slated to meet at 163 pounds.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=5950334

Back to top Go down

Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights Empty Re: Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights

Post  Rum Capital Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:00 am

oh god no more sergio mora. i'd honestly rather watch john ruiz.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights Empty Re: Sergio Mora vs Brian Vera set for Feb 4th on Friday Night Fights

Post  Groundhog Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:52 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 am

This is why I say boxers and promoters today are morons. Why does Mora, Bumfredo, Gomez, ect keep getting fights?

Because they become names on The Contender, which was on CBS. Shit, I know more people that knew who those clowns were then Hopkins, Mosley, ect.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:20 am

GrantZilla wrote:This is why I say boxers and promoters today are morons. Why does Mora, Bumfredo, Gomez, ect keep getting fights?

Because they become names on The Contender, which was on CBS. Shit, I know more people that knew who those clowns were then Hopkins, Mosley, ect.

You're right - but it says a lot about the power of network TV to make guys. Whatever you think of the Contender, it brought boxing back to primetime TV, and these guys are still eating off that.

That's how you grow the sport and bring in new fans - show them some fights and tell them the story of the guys in the ring. Boxing is a great fit for reality TV, I wish they'd bring it back for the sake of the game.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Tobe wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:This is why I say boxers and promoters today are morons. Why does Mora, Bumfredo, Gomez, ect keep getting fights?

You're right - but it says a lot about the power of network TV to make guys. Whatever you think of the Contender, it brought boxing back to primetime TV, and these guys are still eating off that.

That's how you grow the sport and bring in new fans - show them some fights and tell them the story of the guys in the ring. Boxing is a great fit for reality TV, I wish they'd bring it back for the sake of the game.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Brian Vera can at least be considered a journeyman

Beat Andy Lee, KO'd Demers, KO loss to Kirkland

Its a decent main event for FNF
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Wow....a real barn burner...this fight'll have 'em eating outta their hands. Two superbad names to build your 2011 on....wooohoooo!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down