The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated

+2
powerpuncher
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated Empty A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Including a bunch of Title Fights. Grant's favorite fighter, Wlady pulled out of the fight with Chisora, so that fight has been cancelled.

December 11
`````````````
HBO, Showtime, and Fox Deportes:

At Las Vegas (HBO): Amir Khan vs. Marcos Maidana, 12 rounds, for Khan's WBA junior welterweight title; Victor Ortiz vs. Lamont Peterson, 10 rounds, junior welterweights; Joan Guzman vs. Jason Davis, 10 rounds, junior welterweights.

At Tacoma, Wash. (Showtime): Tournament semifinals: Yonnhy Perez vs. Joseph Agbeko, rematch, 12 rounds, for Perez's IBF bantamweight title; Vic Darchinyan vs. Abner Mares, 12 rounds, bantamweights.

At Torreon, Mexico (Fox Deportes): Juan Alberto Rosas vs. Cristian Mijares, 12 rounds, for Rosas' IBF junior bantamweight title; Fernando Montiel vs. Jovanny Sioto.
```````````````
I'll post live Streams for these fights Saturday if I can find them. cheers

Last edited by Ring on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated Empty Re: A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated

Post  captainanddew Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Ring wrote:Including a bunch of Title Fights, and Grant's favorite fighter, Wlady, that will be shown Saturday afternoon if you can get ESPN3.com live.

December 11
At Mannheim, Germany (ESPN3.com live, ESPN next-day tape): Wladimir Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora, 12 rounds, for Klitschko's Ring/IBF/WBO heavyweight title.
`````````````
HBO, Showtime, and Fox Deportes:

At Las Vegas (HBO): Amir Khan vs. Marcos Maidana, 12 rounds, for Khan's WBA junior welterweight title; Victor Ortiz vs. Lamont Peterson, 10 rounds, junior welterweights; Joan Guzman vs. Jason Davis, 10 rounds, junior welterweights.

At Tacoma, Wash. (Showtime): Tournament semifinals: Yonnhy Perez vs. Joseph Agbeko, rematch, 12 rounds, for Perez's IBF bantamweight title; Vic Darchinyan vs. Abner Mares, 12 rounds, bantamweights.

At Torreon, Mexico (Fox Deportes): Juan Alberto Rosas vs. Cristian Mijares, 12 rounds, for Rosas' IBF junior bantamweight title; Fernando Montiel vs. Jovanny Sioto.
```````````````
I'll post live Streams for these fights Saturday if I can find them. cheers

P.S. We may have to have at least 3 discuss/score it threads Saturday.

Ringtv.com is going to earn their money when they do their weekend preview and breakdown this extravaganza of fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated Empty Re: A killer Saturday of Boxing for us fans Dec. 11th - updated

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Ringtv.com is going to earn their money when they do their weekend preview and breakdown this extravaganza of fights.
Yup, be sure and post Ringtv.com like you usually do Capt, it will be interesting to see what they say. I'm looking forward to seeing all these fights, especially Khan-Maidana, Ortiz-Peterson.
You'd better make sure you've got plenty of Capt & Dew Saturday. santa
I might toss back a few bottles of Bass Ale.
BTW, in case you didn't know, Grant is a closet Klitschko fan, he has 'heavily stained' posters of both bros, in his bedroom.

Last edited by Ring on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:34 am

another great saturday of boxing. if only it could be more frequent.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 am

For good of everyone, I will not be watching the Wlad fight. I have not watched Wlad or Vitali's last fights and it's made me a happier person.

I'm realy excited for Maidana-Khan fight. Can't wait.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks for the info, Ring. Now I have a reason to look forward to the weekend.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 am

update:

Wlad-Chisora didn't figure to be all that great anyway, I just wanted to see Wlad flatten Chisora. Cancelling the fight however, isn't going to win Wlad any new fans, that's for sure.

The other fights on HBO & Showtime & Fox Deleportes, should still give us a solid night of boxing Saturday.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 pm

RING ILL LOOK FOWARD TO YOUR LINKS..THE HBO CARD IS AWSOME AND IT WILL BE ACTION PACKED FIGHTS..WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY..ILL GET MY CIANTI READY...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:51 pm

dmar5143 wrote:RING ILL LOOK FOWARD TO YOUR LINKS..THE HBO CARD IS AWSOME AND IT WILL BE ACTION PACKED FIGHTS..WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY..ILL GET MY CIANTI READY...

There should be some good streams for these fights Saturday night dmar, as soon as they get posted Saturday, i'll put them in a thread..so chill up the Chianti!! Salute! cheers

I'm curious what Maidana will bring to the dance, an impressive win for him or Khan would be a big plus for their careers, I can't really see Khan losing, but who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 pm

When it's all said and done I think it will have been a good year in boxing. Not a great one, and certainly not close to the promise that it showed, but a lot of solid fights.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 am

Gumby wrote:When it's all said and done I think it will have been a good year in boxing. Not a great one, and certainly not close to the promise that it showed, but a lot of solid fights.

I think so Gumby, and recently, Pac-Margo & Martinez-Williams, took it from being a somewhat mediocre year, to being a good year. I think most knowledgeable U.S. boxing fans these days, enjoy watching good fights and fighters, it doesn't make much difference what Country they're from, being an American fighter is not a prerequisite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:07 am

It was a decent year.. thing preventing it from being a good year was because the summer/fall just fell apart completely.. in terms of fights getting called off and shit just not happening in general.

WTF we sat through a barren few months and then in November-Dec get a good card every week.. I mean I guess the prolonged misery does make the good stuff that eventually comes seem even better lol..

this weekend will be awesome. Khan-Maidana, showtime card has 4 fighters that are never in a boring fight. too bad Dec has to end with Borenard LOL.. maybe Tyson Fury will punch himself again and give us something to laugh about on youtube.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:06 am

Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:10 am

I wish the tournament wasn't tomorrow, It's gong to be difficult to catch them since Khan vs Maidana and UFC 124 are on at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down