The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns vs Evensen

2 posters

Go down

Burns vs Evensen Empty Burns vs Evensen

Post  dbudge Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:53 am

Ricky Burns defends his WBO title against Norweigen Andreas Evensen. i think Warren is keen not to make the same mistake as he did with Nicky Cook and give the WBO 130lb title away. Evensen is a featherweight at best, is totally outsized in this fight and does not have the experience to make up for it, boasting just a 15-1 record. Burns got a big crowd last time out in Glasgow and he is fighting again in Scotland tonight, i think Warren is looking to cash in on Ricky when he can. i seriously doubt Burns has many more performances in him like the one he put in against Martinez to take the title and he won't hold his title long

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Burns vs Evensen Empty Re: Burns vs Evensen

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 am

dbudge wrote:Ricky Burns defends his WBO title against Norweigen Andreas Evensen. i think Warren is keen not to make the same mistake as he did with Nicky Cook and give the WBO 130lb title away. Evensen is a featherweight at best, is totally outsized in this fight and does not have the experience to make up for it, boasting just a 15-1 record. Burns got a big crowd last time out in Glasgow and he is fighting again in Scotland tonight, i think Warren is looking to cash in on Ricky when he can. i seriously doubt Burns has many more performances in him like the one he put in against Martinez to take the title and he won't hold his title long

I'm glad that Burns is getting a gimme defense at home. His belt winning effort was a display of pure guts (both fighters). he made a new fan that Saturday afternoon.

I think Warren is going to keep him very active and get in as many somewhat "light" defenses as he can in a short time period. Trot the kid out there every 3 months. Maybe by the 3rd or 4th defense he'll face a very serious opponent.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:41 am

what time does his fight come on today?

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:47 am

Canvas wrote:what time does his fight come on today?

i think Sky start their Saturday night boxing coverage at 8:00pm GMT. expect it to be about 4pm/5pm US ET when Burns actually fights

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Not interested in this scrap, another obscure European can to pad records which is a specialty from Frank Warren.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:20 am

despite winning this fight convincingly, Burns' limitations were shown

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down