The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE UNFAIR KNOCK ON RIGO.

+5
Diego408
kbyte
powerpuncher
flapanther2001
dmar5143
9 posters

Go down

THE UNFAIR KNOCK ON RIGO. Empty THE UNFAIR KNOCK ON RIGO.

Post  dmar5143 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 am

well the loudmouth experts like fat dan arum and the biggest mouth of them donaires wife all have spoken.nobody wants to see rigo fight outside of boxing purists.first arum said I don't know what to do with this guy.hinting strongly that he doubts he can get tv dates for rigo.bob ill tell you what you can do.turn his career over to al haymon.ill guarentee rigo gets fights tv dates and dam good money to fight.nobody they claim wants to see a defensive guy that throws little amount of punches and executes that game plan to perfection.realy.tell that to Hopkins who age wise should of retired a decade ago yet bo-hop has gotten several big tv dates several big paydays and several big wins with a similar boring style.
yes everyone from purists to hardcore fans casual fans as well as the general public loves a rios-alvardo fight.but boxing is more then that.why the knock on rigo a guy who came with a fight plan and executed perfectly is beyond me.a guy with skill boxes well hits hard moves well in a predictable way but doesn't run as accused.he don't trade.yes he does for 2 or 3 hard punches and then goes back to the game plan.if he hurts you staggers you ill gaurentee he opens up to deck you or take you out of there..why the knock on him he cant sell tv dates.tell that to Harold Johnson eddie machen who had a similar style.and others like joey archer.
if theres anyone to be knocked its donaire who don't know how to fucking fight.hes a one way street.the hint should of been the navaerez fight.a smaller guy not a big puncher who refused to exchange..after the fight donaire complained it takes 2 to tango..not realy..Marciano and duran and haggler had several fights that guys refused to engage.the big difference they knew how to fight.how to slip a punch and counter coming in where you think there attacking but there countering with several shots against a evasive guy.roberto and rocky were masters at that.why because they knew how to fight.donaire don't have a clue nor the basic funtimental skill to do so.
donaires wife arum want him to fight guys that come straight after you in a straight line.this vic d arce and now juanma.
anotherwords in the words of al bummy davis put me in there with guys I can knock out.
the knock should be on donaire and his part time trainer..hell everyone knew how rigo was going to fight.there are ways to stop that.ask rocky or duran or Armstrong

opps sorry thoses guys knew how to fight...im not a purist just a pure hardcore fan like all of us here.i admired the rigo who resembled a complete fighter and executed beautifully and skillfully a fight plan against a one way street fighter.donaire forget studing Louis Marciano or duran there skill level is beyond your knowledge.study journeyman ralph tiger jones if you want to learn how to cut the ring off and get the other guy off his game plan.
anotherwords learn how to fight guys with more then a simple come forward at me in a straight line.stfu and learn how to fight.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE UNFAIR KNOCK ON RIGO. Empty Re: THE UNFAIR KNOCK ON RIGO.

Post  dmar5143 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:20 am

donaire and his loud mouth wife of course have excuses.i hurt my sholder months before.lol realy.you punched well with it.in the words of Lombardi.if you can walk then you can run.if you can run you can play football.excuses on how rigo fought etc etc.tell that to Marciano who had the flu up to 2 days before the savold fight..no postponement or excuses.tell that to greb who fought much bigger guys good fighters near great ones great ones blind in one eye.
donaires wife said she doubts a rematch with rigo.no one wants to see him fight..well I do.tell it like it is mr and mrs donaire.i got beat by a guy whos a well rounded fighter with a game plan..i have none of the 2..is he gonna learn from that.hell no.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Absofuckinglutely correct. Anybody that bitches about Rigo is either a casual fan that knows nothing, or a Donaire lover that can't accept that he got his ass handed to him. Well said dmar!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am

boxing is filled with people who are boring fighters. and you know what? its not against the rules! haha. like you said, hopkins is one of the most boring fighters ever and he has been a big name for a long time. if arum really thinks that he cant get rigo tv dates then if i were rigo, i would switch promoters. thats inexcusable. rigo did nothing wrong and usually doesnt fight that boring of fights.

i dont care about donaires shoulder either. if anything, that fight shouldnt have really hurt it at all because he didnt have to throw many punches. it wasnt a fight to where he was forced to move his shoulder a lot. so that excuse doesnt make any sense. ive been saying forever that donaire has been hand picking opponents just like most of these top fighters. IMO, he avoided the bantamweight tourney for fear of losing.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Rigo doesn't have a very entertaining style. But I can enjoy fighters like him when they're in competitive fights. As long as the fight is competitive then I find it interesting to watch. The Donaire fight the other day wasn't very entertaining to me just because after a few rounds it seemed clear that there was very little chance of Nonito turning the fight around and making it competitive. He just got dominated outside of the 10th round.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:07 pm

If I was Bob Arum, and Mares happens to beat Ponce next month, I'd send Mares a contract he could not resist vs Rigo. I know GBP and TR arent doing business, but this is a fight he should make for his banner and for Rigos career.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:44 am

Diego408 wrote:If I was Bob Arum, and Mares happens to beat Ponce next month, I'd send Mares a contract he could not resist vs Rigo. I know GBP and TR arent doing business, but this is a fight he should make for his banner and for Rigos career.
thats what i say.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 pm

The thing is, Rigo is not some pitty pat runner that score little points & hauls ass. He's not Derick Gainer or Cory Spinks. His punches hurt & he does have KO power.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:38 am

Diego408 wrote:If I was Bob Arum, and Mares happens to beat Ponce next month, I'd send Mares a contract he could not resist vs Rigo. I know GBP and TR arent doing business, but this is a fight he should make for his banner and for Rigos career.

You know what, I think Ponce is a very dangerous fight for Mares. I smell upset.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Well said Dmar,
I actually enjoy Rigo vs Top fighters. I agree he bores me against lower-tier guys in the same way Whitaker often did, but agains the TOP guys (and Donaire was/is one) I ENJOY watching him fight. Like Whitaker vs Chavez and the elites of his day, I want to see Rigondeaux fight the elite of HIS day and see if they can solve that puzzle of sweet science in front of them.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 pm

BL.WELCOME BACK
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 am

I feel like Rigo's always done his part, but he needs a partner to dance. The only fight where I was disappointed with him was in the Cordoba fight. For the most part, once his opponents feel his power, they lose heart. If someone engages Rigo, he'll fire back.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 am

I don't understand how anyone can knock a guy that came in prepared, and executed a game plan to almost perfection, a game plan that wasn't a secret either. Everyone knew what Rigo was going to do and he did it anyway. He was overlooked and underestimated by a guy that took his punches, can hit harder and is a head taller. Donaire tossed all of his advantages out the window and decided to rub his wife's belly instead of trying to take a guys head off. Rigo hasn't seen his wife and kids in years and fought like it. Dmar is spot on with this post. The better more prepared man won.

That being said there were things that Donaire could have but didn't do to win. He didn't adjust and really had zero game plan. These 122 lber's threw less than 800 punches between the two of them. This was a lazy fight fought by Donaire who completely abandoned any semblance of a jab. He's fallen in love with counter punching. Well, if that's the case then set some traps. If that doesn't work, work your way in with a jab. Also when he brawled I felt Donaire got the better of the smaller man and even scored a KD. He probably would have gotten beat up a little had he brawled but I think he would have been more successful. Instead he tried to box a master boxer one shot at a time. Total sign of zero game plan.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:32 am

hardcore.welcome back.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:05 pm

i dont think the knock is unfair at all... tremendous display of skill in the ring, but rightfully so, people are calling him boring. he made no attempt at any point to make that fight exciting, perfectly content on jabbing and moving to a UD... even floyd mixes it up more than he did... he will win tons of fights like this, but will not gain a ton of fans out side of boxing purists who appreciate the sweet science side of the sport. personally i like rigo but i can def see why people call him boring, he doesnt exchange at all

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:42 pm

dmar5143 wrote:hardcore.welcome back.

Thanks. This place is empty... jeez.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:33 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:i dont think the knock is unfair at all... tremendous display of skill in the ring, but rightfully so, people are calling him boring. he made no attempt at any point to make that fight exciting, perfectly content on jabbing and moving to a UD... even floyd mixes it up more than he did... he will win tons of fights like this, but will not gain a ton of fans out side of boxing purists who appreciate the sweet science side of the sport. personally i like rigo but i can def see why people call him boring, he doesnt exchange at all
I don't think jabs did that to Donaire's face. He landed plenty of strong lefts. He's just slick at the same time. Maybe boring to some, but it was a thing of beauty. The was boring because Donaire had no answer & no plan B. He never pushed the pace.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:20 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:i dont think the knock is unfair at all... tremendous display of skill in the ring, but rightfully so, people are calling him boring. he made no attempt at any point to make that fight exciting, perfectly content on jabbing and moving to a UD... even floyd mixes it up more than he did... he will win tons of fights like this, but will not gain a ton of fans out side of boxing purists who appreciate the sweet science side of the sport. personally i like rigo but i can def see why people call him boring, he doesnt exchange at all
I don't think jabs did that to Donaire's face. He landed plenty of strong lefts. He's just slick at the same time. Maybe boring to some, but it was a thing of beauty. The was boring because Donaire had no answer & no plan B. He never pushed the pace.

Exactly, Donaire made that fight boring. Everyone but Donaire knew what Rigo was going to do and how he would fight. Donaire did nothing to disturb that, even Rigo was surprised.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down