The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoffs

5 posters

Go down

Playoffs Empty Playoffs

Post  Norm1023 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Ok, who does everyone have this weekend?

I'm going with:
Cincinnati over Houston 24-21
Green Bay over Minnesota 34-20
Baltimore over Indy 16-13
Seattle over Washington 28-24

I think all of these games could go either way.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Playoffs Empty Re: Playoffs

Post  Frank Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Norm1023 wrote:Ok, who does everyone have this weekend?

I'm going with:
Cincinnati over Houston 24-21
Green Bay over Minnesota 34-20
Baltimore over Indy 16-13
Seattle over Washington 28-24

I think all of these games could go either way.
I'm with you on every game but the Ravens over Indy.

I think we'll see NE vs GB in the show.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:17 pm

gb indie seatle..the other game i dont know.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 pm

seattle has been on fire. i think that they will beat the skins handily
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:09 am

Pats will destroy the Texans again and Denver will beat Baltimore. Denver and the Patriots are just so much better than the other AFC teams. The NFC games will be a lot closer. GB vs SF and Seattle vs Falcons are toss ups.

Yes SF beat GB already in the regular season, but GB played a lot better in the second half of that game and are on a role now. Rodgers has more weapons this time around and Woodson is back on defense. The problem is Green Bay cant stop the run nor can they run the ball effectively and its the reason I think SF will win a tight one. The 49ers need to control the clock and keep Arod of the field as much as possible with the run game. the 49ers are 4th against the pass and 4th against the run, they will limit that Packer offense. Green Bays defense isnt good enough to contain Kaepernik and Frank Gore. I predict the 49ers will win by a 7 or 10 points.

Seattle is a terrible match up for Atlanta. Seattle secondary is the leagues best. Defensive teams just seem to usually dominate offensive teams. Falcons have a history of chocking in the playoffs. I actually believe Seattle will shut down Jones and White. Atlanta will have no run game. Ryan will choke.

I honestly believe its going to be Patriots at Denver in the AFC championship Game with Denver winning it and The 49ers vs Seattle in the NFC game with 49ers winning it by a hair. I honestly cant see Seattle beating SF at home. SF cant seem to beat Seattle at home and Seattle cant seem to beat SF at home..
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am

I like Seattle and GB in the NFC. I'm picking GB to go to the show.

In the AFC, I think New England detroys Houston. If there is a potential surprise in the playoffs, it may be Baltimore beating Denver. No, I don't think the Ravens are that great and the Broncos may be the best team in the playoffs, however Peyton Manning is not a good post season qb. If Peyton shows up in regular season form, he easily routs the Ravens. If he shows up in playoff form, we may have a defensive struggle in Denver.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 am

I'm going with:

New England over Houston 42-20
Denver over Baltimore 28-10
Green Bay over San Fran 27-24
Seattle over Atlanta 24-17

Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I'm going with:

....sounds good.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 pm

dmar5143 wrote:

....sounds good.
Yeah it does sound good..... as long as you keep your money in your pockets. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Frank wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

....sounds good.
Yeah it does sound good..... as long as you keep your money in your pockets. LOL
If Ponder could help put up 37 points against the Packers, Kaepernik can do about the same. Gore aint no AP, but Gore is still one of the leagues best. 49ers Defense is the key to the game. Packers D will let them down, but their offense is the only thing that can keep them in the game. The 49ers are just a stronger team overall.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 am

green bay is kind of the dark horse team this year. they came into the year with high expectations and then didnt live up to them so people kind of forgot about them. i have a feeling they will go on a nice run and make it to the superbowl. i think that the pats will also make it and win it though. i hope that seattle can do well though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:33 pm

powerpuncher wrote:green bay is kind of the dark horse team this year. they came into the year with high expectations and then didnt live up to them so people kind of forgot about them. i have a feeling they will go on a nice run and make it to the superbowl. i think that the pats will also make it and win it though. i hope that seattle can do well though.
I don't believe Green Bay came with super bowl expectations this year because they're team on defense is horrible. Part of it has to do with Bishop and Woodson being out do to injury, Woodson however recently came back already. People forget the 49ers did blow out the Packers at Lambeu. Green Bay in that game got a late garbage time TD and also a punt return for a TD by Cobb that should have been called back because of a block in the back.

The 49ers defense can stop A-Rod, but who knows how Colin Kaepernik will preform at this high level. Hes very inexperienced, half way through the season was when he final started playing with the 1st team offense and getting reps at practice. The 49ers need to hand it off to Gore and James if they plan to win today, Kaepernik isn't good enough to win by himself. Harbaugh at times has a been pass happy with CK and its not as effective when they are actually running the ball. When Seattle blew them out, it was because they were not running it, even against the NY Giants the 49ers weren't running it. Those were blow outs with Smith and Kaepernik behind center. Both QBs have similar numbers, and both QBs cant win when there is no run game.This game will come down by Harbaughs play calling.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:16 pm

At this moment, I'm full of Budweiser and watching football with my friends. We're at halftime. The gf isn't interested.

As I expected, Manning is playing in between regular season form and playoff form. If he was playing as he does during Regular Season, the game would be over by now. I expect him to pull it out. And yes, I'm rooting for him. If he would only have a sit down with his brother, I wouldn't have had to write this. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 am

peyton chokes again with his interception at the end.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:05 am

Both of the Harbaugh brothers won yesterday. This isn't my year.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:18 am

great games.as a packer fan they need a runing back thats high caliber and need to stop the run.there were holes big enough for a mac truck to go threw untouched.ill disagree that payton choked.denver is a good team in the worst division in football.the defence allowed 2 tds with seconds to go twice..john fox blew it with his ultra conservative style..2 time outs 29 seconds to go in the game and you have a all time great qb and you call a knell down.WTF you got the ball and time for perhaps 4 more plays.you make no attempt to get into field goal range against a potential prevent defence.no attempt to go deep where a completion or a penalty puts you with a chance to win the game.theres lots of blame to go around..
i think 2 brothers coaching against each other in the big game makes for a great story and pr for the game.kaerernick is better then smith.great gutsy move by the coach and the 49 ers will be a force by trading smith whos highly desireable and there are at least 6 teams desperate for a qb.drafts choices and a player or two for smith gives san fran a bright future.
young qs like wilson CK rg 3 newton give the game a new outlook and guys like rogers brees brady mannering boys perhaps luck stafford give the traditional qb strong representation.the greatest era of qbs is here.
that makes a super bowl win within reach for several teams.baltimore -san fran great way to end the year..talk about a family rivalry.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Frank wrote:Both of the Harbaugh brothers won yesterday. This isn't my year.
I think John had it the hardest last weekend though. He was playing at mile high with a shaky defense against the best QB in the AFC behind Brady (A-Rod is the best in the NFL IMO). This is the worst defense Baltimore has had in the past 12 years that I can remember. Payton did ruin the Win for Denver with that pick six he threw in the first quarter and the last interception in OT. Those INTs were the major reason for Denver losing yesterday. Baltimore's defense actually played well, without those kick returns by Holliday the game isn't close. Baltimore should have kicked it away from the little guy, he is the best return man Ive ever seen. Ravens however played really hard yesterday and deserved that victory. Their offense is whats really holding them up, not their defense like in the past. They are playing extremely motivated with this being Rays "last ride" after all. Pats vs Ravens will be a good one. Raven did beat them earlier this season and I don't think Gronk will be playing this week, so they do have some positives with playing @NE. It will be a great game.

I see Denver being one and done as karma for trading away Jesus Christ nephew last year, Tim Tebow, and replacing him with Manning. The memes on FB, Twitter and IG were hilarious yesterday. They depicted Tebow 1 playoff win, Manning 0. What a disappointment Denver was this season. They were highly overrated because they did play against the Chargers, Raider and Chief twice this season and all those teams suck. That is 6 easy wins. That's why they were the #1 seed this year in the AFC, but they certainly weren't the best team in the AFC or the NFL as the ESPN power rankings suggested.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:07 pm

I believe next Sundays games will be great, we have had a great post season so far and the conference game will not disappoint. I have both away teams taking it, with Baltimore and SF advancing to the Super Bowl. It will be a Harbaugh bowl or Hardoff as others put it lol. I had The SF 49ers winning the Super Bowl before the preseason started, and I still strongly believe they have the best team in the NFL. This is an all around great team. They will demolish that weak Atlanta Defense and that 49er defense will contain Matt Ryan. Thank God for Justin Smith. The 9ers D is only good when hes playing. Its amazing how one player makes the defense as whole work.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 am

Diego408 wrote:I believe next Sundays games will be great, we have had a great post season so far and the conference game will not disappoint. I have both away teams taking it, with Baltimore and SF advancing to the Super Bowl. It will be a Harbaugh bowl or Hardoff as others put it lol. I had The SF 49ers winning the Super Bowl before the preseason started, and I still strongly believe they have the best team in the NFL. This is an all around great team. They will demolish that weak Atlanta Defense and that 49er defense will contain Matt Ryan. Thank God for Justin Smith. The 9ers D is only good when hes playing. Its amazing how one player makes the defense as whole work.
That was an excellent pick. I had New England and GB playing in the show. I'm still going with NE. I'm on the fence with the 9ers and the Falcons. They say luck always runs out but Lady Luck has really smiled on the Birds this year.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Frank wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

....sounds good.
See why you guys shouldn't bet? LOL As for me, I agreed with all these picks 100 percent, however if I bet, I lose 3 out of 4 games.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Frank wrote:
Diego408 wrote:I believe next Sundays games will be great, we have had a great post season so far and the conference game will not disappoint. I have both away teams taking it, with Baltimore and SF advancing to the Super Bowl. It will be a Harbaugh bowl or Hardoff as others put it lol. I had The SF 49ers winning the Super Bowl before the preseason started, and I still strongly believe they have the best team in the NFL. This is an all around great team. They will demolish that weak Atlanta Defense and that 49er defense will contain Matt Ryan. Thank God for Justin Smith. The 9ers D is only good when hes playing. Its amazing how one player makes the defense as whole work.
That was an excellent pick. I had New England and GB playing in the show. I'm still going with NE. I'm on the fence with the 9ers and the Falcons. They say luck always runs out but Lady Luck has really smiled on the Birds this year.
I had the Patriots vs The 49ers in this years super bowl, but I believe Baltimore will take it this time around. Last year it was a close game, but this time the Ravens are playing with a heavier heart and that's why I think they will beat the Patriots in a close game that may even come down to another field goal.

Atlanta vs SF is going to be another close game also, but the 49ers run game and defense will be the reason they beat the Falcons. Atlanta has the weakest defense of the 4 teams left, 49ers have a good time against weak defenses. The 49ers only struggle with physical teams, they got the lucky draw by playing the Pack and ATL this post season. Atlanta screwed up in the last NFL draft by neglecting their defense and it will cost them this game. Like the SF Giants in the post season, the SF 49ers are on a roll with their defense and offense playing at an extremely high level. Take away the pick 6 and the garbage time TD by the Pac, the 49ers defense held the best QB in the league to only 17 points. Atlanta has the advantage by playing at home, but the SF are so dynamic on offense they can attack like a team on the Madden video game lol They have a great run game, 4 pro bowl offensive linemen, an accurate deep ball passer who is one of the fastest QBs in the league that can scramble for a lot of yardage and play makers at RB, WR and TE! Davis and Walker are two of the fastest TE in the league. Their defense is easily one of the best in the NFL. Their Defense has already had success this season containing offensive teams like the Packer (twice), Patriots and the Saints already. Atlanta will be their next victims.

I still believe the 49ers were the best team last year, Kyle Williams two fumbles against the Giants cost the 49ers their 6th ring, but this year they will not fail. Last year going into the Giants game, I knew they were going to lose, i'll be surprised if they don't come home with a SB this year. What a year to be a SF fan lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 am

I'll go on and admit that my animosity for the Harbaugh brothers is based on me being a Steeler fan. Before I'm criticized, just remember that I've been with the black and gold all my life.

I love the city of San Francisco and I've been struggling to back the 9ers, but damn it I just can't seem to do it.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 am

I've got New England and San Francisco this weekend.

I wasn't very good last weekend.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down