The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wesley Snipes will be spending Christmas in jail

Go down

Wesley Snipes will be spending Christmas in jail Empty Re: Wesley Snipes will be spending Christmas in jail

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:23 am

Snipes got a three-year sentence for tax evasion, it had to have been bad, the IRS doesn't usually put people in the pen for tax evasion.

"his 2008 conviction, which found him guilty of failing to file returns or pay tax on earnings of $38 million (£25.3 million), dating back to 1999"

Back to top Go down

Wesley Snipes will be spending Christmas in jail Empty Re: Wesley Snipes will be spending Christmas in jail

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 am

Your nation sure likes to crack down on unpaid taxes.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Lol Ring puts the figure in pounds for the Brits! Well don't Ring. Snipes needs to fire that fucking accountant of his. 38 million and no taxes? What the fuck? I these are the guys that should support obamacare.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Ali wrote:Your nation sure likes to crack down on unpaid taxes.

The U.S. "Infernal" Revenue Service (IRS) isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, but they usually don't put people in the slammer for tax evasion. My guess is they tried to get to a settlement with Snipes on numerous occasions over the years, and did this as a last resort, and to make a point.

BTW, England used to be pretty rough on "debtors", I believe that was part of the reason Australia was settled by the British. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down